What's new

54 Wins

jjscap

538 predicts UTA to win 54 games this season tying with HOU for #2 in West.

This is the statistics nerds' prediction while historically the most accurate prediction tool is bookies' lines. It's around 48 wins for UTA. But UTA crashed bookies' lines over the years consistently. They're such an unpredictable team.

My personal opinion is UTA will win 56 by the way. It'll be their best record since 99-00.

I think that they're are low on the Houston win total. Rockets won 65 last year. How are they down 11 wins? I think that they took a step back in terms of their chances to win in the playoffs. But in the regular season they are still going to be very good. I see them winning around 60.

This is the statistics nerds' prediction while historically the most accurate prediction tool is bookies' lines. It's around 48 wins for UTA. But UTA crashed bookies' lines over the years consistently. They're such an unpredictable team.

My personal opinion is UTA will win 56 by the way. It'll be their best record since 99-00.
Wait, where does it say bookies lines are the mos accurate?

I think that they're are low on the Houston win total. Rockets won 65 last year. How are they down 11 wins? I think that they took a step back in terms of their chances to win in the playoffs. But in the regular season they are still going to be very good. I see them winning around 60.

Houston was pretty fortunate to have a lot of the top teams in the west hobbled with injuries while being relatively healthy themselves. Not sure that repeats this year, and they did take a step back talentwise.

Houston was pretty fortunate to have a lot of the top teams in the west hobbled with injuries while being relatively healthy themselves. Not sure that repeats this year, and they did take a step back talentwise.

Lol. Chris Paul missed 27 games including games 6 & 7 in the WCF

He played 2 more games than Rudy in the regular season .

Last edited:

54 wins in the west next season would be huge! There will be tons of competition. Seems like everyone got better, or were already great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Houston had four wins against us during the regular season last year. So that's four less wins for them this year. Say, could you pass me that kool-aid?

BTW, we're going to lose 24 games this season, so that puts us at 58 wins.

I would be happy with 48 but ecstatic with 52+. Think about it:

A Healthy Gobert
Mitchell in his second season
Consistency
Venom instead of Stockton
Another year with the new Health system
Another year with Quin
A Burks siting in 2017/18 playoffs carrying on to minutes in 2018/2019
Swat Lake Swaggy
The best defense in the league in 2018/2019

I think that makes a very compelling argument for just 4 more wins over last year.

Side question how many wins for the 8th seed in the west do we reckon? (I reckon we'll finish second or third for the record)

Losing Moute and Ariza and replacing them with Crymello is a huge step backwards, both in the regular season and the playoffs.

Side question how many wins for the 8th seed in the west do we reckon? (I reckon we'll finish second or third for the record)

I think it will take around 45 wins for 8th just like last year. My projection for win totals in the west..

Warriors, around 60
Rockets, around 60
Spurs, around 55
Jazz, 50-55
Thunder, around 50
Lakers, around 50
Blazers, 45-49

That's 7 teams. I think that the Pelicans, Wolves, Nuggets will all be around 45 wins fighting for 8th.

Losing Moute and Ariza and replacing them with Crymello is a huge step backwards, both in the regular season and the playoffs.
Not to mention CP3 will likely miss some games due to injury and he got paid big time. Also not sure Harden will be that hungry after winning MVP.