What's new

6/16 Ford Mock Draft 5.0- WHITESIDE 22!!!!

Golfman

Whiteside is down to 22 in Ford's mock draft.

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/dra...ory?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-100616

I can't sleep until I convince some on this board that our #9 pick is not worth a guy not even projected to be in the top 20. I know these mock drafts aren't always accurate, but selecting a guy that MOST mock drafts have WAYYYYY below 9 is just silly.

Not much has changed since the last one. They still have us taking Babbitt at 9.

1. Wall
2. Turner
3. Favors
4. Johnson
5. Cousins
6. Monroe
7. Aminu
8. Hayward
9. Babbitt
10. Davis
11. Aldrich
12. Patterson
13. Bradley
14. Udoh
15. Henry
16. George
17. Anderson
18. Bledsoe
19. Alabi
20. James
21. Orton
22. Whiteside

I will concede that even I, with my strong dislike for Whiteside, don't think he will pass down to 22. But I would personally be shocked if he went in the top 15.

A few Mocks top ten from the Bleacher report.....
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/406952-nba-draft-2010-who-the-experts-are-picking#page/4

Looks like really good news for all you Aldrich fans.

Chad Ford (ESPN.com):
1. Wizards - John Wall
2. 76ers - Evan Turner
3. Nets - Derrick Favors
4. Timberwolves - Wesley Johnson
5. Kings - Greg Monroe
6. Warriors - DeMarcus Cousins
7. Pistons - Al-Farouq Aminu
8. Clippers - Gordon Hayward
9. Jazz - Luke Babbit
10. Pacers - Ed Davis

Tom Ziller (Fanhouse.com)
1. John Wall
2. Derrick Favors
3. Evan Turner
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Hassan Whiteside
6. Al-Farouq Aminu
7. Greg Monroe
8. Wesley Johnson
9. Ekpe Udoh
10. Xavier Henry

Jeff Goodman (FOX Sports)
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. Wesley Johnson
5. Al-Farouq Aminu
6. DeMarcus Cousins
7. Greg Monroe
8. Luke Babbit
9. Cole Aldrich
10. Ed Davis

Mike McGraw (Yahoo! Sports)
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. Wesley Johnson
5. DeMarcus Cousins
6. Ed Davis
7. Greg Monroe
8. Al-Farouq Aminu
9. Cole Aldrich
10. Hassan Whiteside

Drew Packham (NBA.com
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Wesley Johnson
6. Greg Monroe
7. Al-Farouq Aminu
8. Ed Davis
9. Cole Aldrich
10. Ekpe Udoh

The Sporting News:
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. Wesley Johnson
5. DeMarcus Cousins
6. Al-Farouq Aminu
7. Greg Monroe
8. Ekpe Udoh
9. Cole Aldrich
10. Xavier Henry

lol did Sloan really say that?
Greg Monroe? Who is Greg Monroe? --Jerry Sloan May 11, 2010.
and boy will it be funny if the rookie hits a 20 point 10 board 5 block game against the Jazz and then shouts out to Sloan SAY MY NAME BITCH!

I think people are missing the boat on Whiteside. First and foremost we're letting some analyst drive our thoughts regarding a player? Hopefully GM's are not as easily swayed on their opinion.

Remember how Boozer was predicted to be top 15 and ended up dropping into the 2nd round? He may have even been top 10 for a bit. Do you think there are a few teams out there now that wish they had someone of Boozer's caliber despite what Jazz fans think of him?

I think people are missing the boat on Whiteside. First and foremost we're letting some analyst drive our thoughts regarding a player? Hopefully GM's are not as easily swayed on their opinion.

Remember how Boozer was predicted to be top 15 and ended up dropping into the 2nd round? He may have even been top 10 for a bit. Do you think there are a few teams out there now that wish they had someone of Boozer's caliber despite what Jazz fans think of him?

I should hope not. They get to watch him practice, move, shoot, and interview him.... we get analysts, media interviews, and some snippets of games on a YouTube video.

This is why I can't figure out how people are so set on who is the better player, who will be a bust, and so on.

Sloan did say that on locker clean out day. To be fair he did follow up with "oh, the kid from Georgetown, I know him I just don't know all thier names"

On another note, I watched Whiteside video, looked at his stat lines versus other projected 1st round picks and have seen his interviews and I can't see why people are in love with the kid. IMO DeAndre Jordan is a best case scenario, Saer Sene is the likely scenario, and Luther Wright is worst case. As a jazz fan I want NO part of him. Talk him up sure, lets all hope that Golden State or Clippers get suckered into the pick but if the jazz retained their 23 pick in the draft, and whiteside was available--NO!

22 seems accurate for Whiteside. His interviews aren't getting any better and the last one gave me the vibe he wanted the reporters just to get out of his face and leave him alone. He comes across, hands down, as the dumbest player I have ever seen. Trying to teach this guy the Jazz offense would probably give him a seizure. You know they had to pull all sorts of strings to keep him academically elgible at Marshall.

and boy will it be funny if the rookie hits a 20 point 10 board 5 block game against the Jazz and then shouts out to Sloan SAY MY NAME BITCH!

HAHAH Ya, then Sloan rips his still beating heart out Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style, takes a bite out of it, ***** it out, sticks the **** heart back into Monroe, then laughs in amusement as Monroe dies from **** blood in his heart and chokes on his own blood...

It'll probably take Monroe 7 games to get 5 blocks.

HAHAH Ya, then Sloan rips his still beating heart out Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style, takes a bite out of it, ***** it out, sticks the **** heart back into Monroe, then laughs in amusement as Monroe dies from **** blood in his heart and chokes on his own blood...

Might I suggest that you get counseling for this aggression problem?

22 seems accurate for Whiteside. His interviews aren't getting any better and the last one gave me the vibe he wanted the reporters just to get out of his face and leave him alone. He comes across, hands down, as the dumbest player I have ever seen. Trying to teach this guy the Jazz offense would probably give him a seizure. You know they had to pull all sorts of strings to keep him academically elgible at Marshall.

Whiteside is working out with Monroe in Sacramento on Saturday. As long as they play inside the 3-pt line, Whiteside is going to look pretty good in that match up. This is interesting because Monroe's agent wouldn't let Monroe workout against Aldrich and Udoh. Some people think Sacto would do a deal with New Orleans for Collison and #11 for the #5 pick. Chad Ford has got this kid wrong. Someone is feeding Chad disinfo.

Whiteside looks like the real deal from his high school and college footage. He probably should have gone to a different school, but maybe his academic problems played a part in his choosing to go to Marshall.

Last edited:
Chad Ford makes his mock based on what he hears, not on what he believes should happen.

I'm not high on Whiteside. I'm high on Udoh, who is quite the opposite of Whiteside on many fronts. Whiteside's range of probability is way wider than Udoh's.

Does anybody here think that Udoh will be able to play the 5? Could he grow the fro and be the second coming of Ben Wallace?

just curious