What's new

9-7 is better than 10-6

Oh, like the trade of Harris for Marvin?

How about the trade of a trade exception for Mo?

Not good enough? How about we actually sign a free agent that is decent in Foye?

Still not good enough? How about KOC changes positions and they take Lindsey from the Spurs organization to be our new GM?

And... it's still not good enough.

How about we win 5 of the last 6 games for a string of wins? Na.....

I'm getting the feeling nothing would be.

Must spread rep around before can give to spazz.. we did make alot of moves compared to utahs usually off season

Not good enough? How about we actually sign a free agent that is decent in Foye?

Still not good enough? How about KOC changes positions and they take Lindsey from the Spurs organization to be our new GM?

Reign it in Bishop Spazz.

I've been pretty clear about what "enough" means for me.

(i liked your citing of the Lindsey hire. He's been busy busy so far, eh?)

I'm a big fan of the Marv trade, but Foye isn't somebody I've ever backflipped over, and I think we could have gotten more out of the Mavs in the Mo deal.

Questions? Or, should I be praying for peace about these things?

Going hard as a mother ****er, I like it and agree with it. Suck it whiny bitches.

Reign it in Bishop Spazz.

I've been pretty clear about what "enough" means for me.

(i liked your citing of the Lindsey hire. He's been busy busy so far, eh?)

I'm a big fan of the Marv trade, but Foye isn't somebody I've ever backflipped over, and I think we could have gotten more out of the Mavs in the Mo deal.

Questions? Or, should I be praying for peace about these things?

Did I lay it on a bit too thick?

Just trying to get the fans out of their negative funk and to take a tiny sip of some Koolaid.

Things aren't so bad, and I guess you saying you would wait for another trade set me off a bit.

I want to enjoy the ride, not complain the whole time.

Sorry I took it out on you... sortof. :)

It occured to me that for years Jazzfanz complained about the predictibility of the Jerry Sloan offense. This team is not predictible, I never know who will be starting, playing, or finishing. Multiple guys have stepped up and carried the team for stretches of games. And I never know if I tune in if it will be the night that Burks makes an appearance.

The apologists keep defending a point that no one is challenging. Everyone knows the Jazz has a decent team this year. A decent team that will most probably get a 6-8th playoffs seed and make a first round exit. We will then lose a couple of the players getting all the minutes. The vets will be replaced with the other vets, since the youths won't be "ready". And they never will, since their development has been glacial with such limited minutes. The Jazz may manage to make the playoffs next year even! By then, we will have certainly lost Burks and most likely one of the young bigs.

I've pretty much written off this season. I don't see any plausible scenarios that can get me excited. Even if the Jazz somehow mesh into an awesome team that lands a decent seed and make it to the second round (lol), I don't see a way of going forward from there. Best possible situation would be shipping Burks along with one of the vets in return of a young asset, and giving Favors and Kanter legit starter minutes next season and rebuilding around that adjusted young core. This season would still count as a waste of time, but at least we'd get to watch a fun team that makes a playoffs run, and maintain a winning culture. And we can do what we should be doing now starting with the next season.

It occured to me that for years Jazzfanz complained about the predictibility of the Jerry Sloan offense. This team is not predictible, I never know who will be starting, playing, or finishing. Multiple guys have stepped up and carried the team for stretches of games. And I never know if I tune in if it will be the night that Burks makes an appearance.

That's because Corbin doesn't make adjustments in games and is afraid to sit players like Millsap at the end of games.

The apologists keep defending a point that no one is challenging. Everyone knows the Jazz has a decent team this year. A decent team that will most probably get a 6-8th playoffs seed and make a first round exit. We will then lose a couple of the players getting all the minutes. The vets will be replaced with the other vets, since the youths won't be "ready". And they never will, since their development has been glacial with such limited minutes. The Jazz may manage to make the playoffs next year even! By then, we will have certainly lost Burks and most likely one of the young bigs.

I've pretty much written off this season. I don't see any plausible scenarios that can get me excited. Even if the Jazz somehow mesh into an awesome team that lands a decent seed and make it to the second round (lol), I don't see a way of going forward from there. Best possible situation would be shipping Burks along with one of the vets in return of a young asset, and giving Favors and Kanter legit starter minutes next season and rebuilding around that adjusted young core. This season would still count as a waste of time, but at least we'd get to watch a fun team that makes a playoffs run, and maintain a winning culture. And we can do what we should be doing now starting with the next season.

I am starting to believe we are thinking too highly of our young guys. The more I see Kanter play the more mistakes I see him making. He isn't ready for more than his 10-15 minutes.

Hayward seems to be who he is going to be. A good, smart player who's jumper is streaky.

Favors is slowly evolving into a very good big man who isn't a #1 scoring option.

Burks is the big unknown.

I figure the Jazz will be a 7th or 8th seed. Might take it to 6 games in the playoffs. Sad thing is I see tons of potential. Favors, Kanter both have moments were they look like the bright future. When Hayward is confident he is pretty good too. Mo Williams really makes things go smoother on offense. I think a coaching change and some trades midseason could take us from 6-8th seed to a possible 4th or higher...but that won't happen

Like GF I agree with Spazz. Jazz have a decent record with a much increased road scedule at the start of the season.

If the Jazz stay undeafeated at home and continue to win 40% of road games then they finish 57-25 for the season. We all know they won't but I think that they are ina better position now than this time last year.

Still dissapointed in Ty and think we could have been 11-5 - 13-3 with a better coach. (@ Boston, @ Philly, @ NO #1 and @ Sactown were all very winnable)

Like GF I agree with Spazz. Jazz have a decent record with a much increased road scedule at the start of the season.

If the Jazz stay undeafeated at home and continue to win 40% of road games then they finish 57-25 for the season. We all know they won't but I think that they are ina better position now than this time last year.

Still dissapointed in Ty and think we could have been 11-5 - 13-3 with a better coach. (@ Boston, @ Philly, @ NO #1 and @ Sactown were all very winnable)

No NBA teams win all the winnable games though. I agree they were winnable, only NO and Sac SHOULD have been wins.