What's new

A better person would not have done quotes from Clutchfans on the Rockets collapse

Watching the Rockets and Celtics get embarrassed has been an absolute pleasure. And both teams are seemingly pretty screwed moving forward.

Hopefully Denver and Philly are next, and Bucks all the way.

eh the C's can still right the ship Still have a crapload of assets

Celts have as many assets to make moves as anyone in the league - if not more. I am hoping that AD does not change his mind about not wanting to go to Boston.

Celts have as many assets to make moves as anyone in the league - if not more. I am hoping that AD does not change his mind about not wanting to go to Boston.
Would AD going to Boston outweigh the opportunity to see Hayward’s “unfinished business” get traded to New Orleans?

Wow so much hate on Harden. I mean he scored 33 points in the loss. Honestly the anger should be pointed at Paul and Clint.

Not to mention the desperation singing of Paul to the max. That contract is worse then the John Wall now. Chris Paul has crippled this team. If I'm Harden I'm looking to jump ship.
Harden is destroying professional basketball. What he does breaks the game. And it does so in the worst possible way. It is garbage.

He is an angle shooter, to use a poker term. He isn't playing basketball straight up, he's working the technicalities of the rules to gain an unfair advantage. Be that guy in any poker game I host and it'll be the last time you're invited into my game. Be that guy in any game I play in and be ready to have words outside. It's is gross. Harden is garbage.

Harden isn't ruining anything. He is intelligent and plays the game smart. Nobody was complaining when Kobe or Jordan were hunting fouls by jumping into defenders or pulling up under people's arms.
If you dont enjoy his type of game fine but making statements like hes ruining the game is outlandish. The game has never been bigger or more popluar.

Harden isn't ruining anything. He is intelligent and plays the game smart. Nobody was complaining when Kobe or Jordan were hunting fouls by jumping into defenders or pulling up under people's arms.
If you dont enjoy his type of game fine but making statements like hes ruining the game is outlandish. The game has never been bigger or more popluar.
He's ruining the game. He's an angle shooter. No one has ever approached the game the way he does. No one. Not Kobe, not Jordan, Not Stockton or Malone (both of whom used the rules to their advantage). He is in a different league when it comes to angle shooting. @fishonjazz drop some stats on this guy. Harden is not playing basketball, he's playing the ****ing refs for fools.

Harden is destroying professional basketball. What he does breaks the game. And it does so in the worst possible way. It is garbage.

He is an angle shooter, to use a poker term. He isn't playing basketball straight up, he's working the technicalities of the rules to gain an unfair advantage. Be that guy in any poker game I host and it'll be the last time you're invited into my game. Be that guy in any game I play in and be ready to have words outside. It's is gross. Harden is garbage.

I just watched a few videos about angle shooting. Interesting. OK, so what about bluffing? Isn't that in the same vein as angle shooting? Honest question.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I just watched a few videos about angle shooting. Interesting. OK, so what about bluffing? Isn't that in the same vein as angle shooting? Honest question.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
No. Not even close.

An example of angle shooting would be something like a player who usually checks by making a slight hand motion of tapping on the table. Then that player makes a motion that looks like their typical check motion but is a little less dramatic. Then a player acts after them, for instance, say they make a bet, and the angle shooter announces that they hadn't acted. This give the angle shooter the advantage of knowing what the player after them was going to do. That's where a decent dealer and or host comes into play. The dealer should be verifying that the player intended to check, or not by asking them "Is that a check?" immediately before the next player has a chance to act. In a decently run game a player could get away with that once maybe, but after that their intention should be verified if they are even slightly unclear.

Another example of angle shooting (this one is generally just flat out against the rules, but in some casual games it won't be properly enforced) Is to move chips forward as though you are betting them, then pull them back after seeing how other players reacted to what they thought was your bet. In a properly run game you would be required to keep those chips in the pot as your bet. In poorly run games you can just say you were thinking about your bet but hadn't actually made a bet yet.

Bluffing is making a bet that represents a stronger hand than you actually have, sometimes accompanied by comments or body language that is intended to make the other player think your hand is strong.

An example for a game I played in recently.

Tournament game.

Blinds are 300-600.

It's the turn and there is about 3000 chips in the pot, there are two player in the hand.

Player A announces a bet by saying "18"

Player B immediately announces "call" and begins to put 1,800 chips into the pot

Player A says I bet 18,000

I was the dealer and I laughed at him and said no. No way anyone thinks you're betting 18,000 into a pot of 3000 when you say "18". I told him the bet was 1,800 and to cut the ********.

This is a perfect example of an angle shoot.

His theatrics are garbage. He's somehow worked his game to the point he gets away with unfair advantages. His flopping and searching for fouls is a disgrace. And he then has the gall to complain about not getting a "fair go" with the refereeing. So many of his step backs he's already gathered the ball and travels but will never get called for it. Kobe, Jordan any other greats never did anything like what James does.

The game has never been more popular because of the explosion in shooting, skills and watchability of so many players. Harden is the least watchable of any great player i've watched. And the worst thing is he doesn't need to do it. He'd be a great player without his BS