What's new

A boy can dream! A (not too far fetched) path to the 3 seed!

ShortShorts

;tldr - Go Jazz and Go Jazz Fanz positive vibes everywhere - just believe!

Come one, come all, ye merry JFCers! For the future is bright, the torches are lit and the Tower they call Stifle protects our borders!

Look on and see that with nary an unreasonable prediction our heroes will rise up, take proverbial horns and torch Blazer, pluck Pelican, kick them in the Nuggets, and defang Wolves. I ask of ye where is the folly in this prophecy? Where is there not hope shining like a guiding star, where is not optimism set to call, where are thy doubts not cast out!

XYIUfFt.jpg

All ye must do is push in all thy chips, combine with thy fellow mates and maidens (a tipped helm to ye kiri, jazzgirl, ize and our friends), grab churros in twain hands, reach within they bosom and find hope. For hope shall carry the day, hope shall lead us on to brighter shores, hope shall ignite Sir Rubio's jumpshot!

So join hands, join hearts, throw away they negativity, and as the positivity of Stoked, the optimism of Mantooth, the love of ONE LOVE so shall our fortunes go. For even Cy shall resist the relentless urge of nonchalantly throwing in his dose of realism, Numberica shall forego decrying the odds of yon 14-3 streak, NAOS shall make peace with said detractors, and franklin shall discover the fair core of optimism to bring harmony to our combined will!

For then even AB shall ignite and fishonjazz and dalamon rejoice! PG_AB shall find his thoughts turn from the draft to the Vivint. UGLI_Baby shall glance up from his pint of ale. Dr Jones shall find no recourse but to cancel yon Wildcat fundraiser and rally with our merry band (all expenses paid) to distant fortress on elysian Baja shores! Our hopeful forum shall find endless JazzAvenue's threads flowing like the blood of our foes and opposing team's moans shall echo out: "whence cometh this Ingles demon who but perfectly mirrors my liege lord's bean counter!"

For in such a day as we do gather arm in arm even the ghosts of grey souls shall rise from old graves in penitent obeisance. Ye know of whom I speak of old BluesRocker, of HotKnicKKK, of HeavenHarris, of ncoloradojazz. All shall tremble and weep at the combined hope of JFC. And colton, Jason and all fair lords shall sigh with the peace and unity of the realm.

I thus ask of ye gather at Vivint Cathedral; shout, scream in unison at thy 4K; and prepare thy carriages for many a future year's fair parade down John Stockton Dr led by our patriarchs in arms Sir Jerry and Sir Larry On High astride valiant steeds of John Deere and Caterpillar from Sir Jerry's fine stables. But above all let thy hope burn bright that thy Jazz shall prevail.

Personally, I don't want to see Lillard in a 7 game series. He's a jazz killer of the highest order

I would enjoy that series... they are at least likeable. It was great playing the clips because we won but if we lost to those bitches I probably would have killed myself.

;tldr - Go Jazz and Go Jazz Fanz positive vibes everywhere - just believe!

Come one, come all, ye merry JFCers! For the future is bright, the torches are lit and the Tower they call Stifle protects our borders!

Look on and see that with nary an unreasonable prediction our heroes will rise up, take proverbial horns and torch Blazer, pluck Pelican, kick them in the Nuggets, and defang Wolves. I ask of ye where is the folly in this prophecy? Where is there not hope shining like a guiding star, where is not optimism set to call, where are thy doubts not cast out!

XYIUfFt.jpg

All ye must do is push in all thy chips, combine with thy fellow mates and maidens (a tipped helm to ye kiri, jazzgirl, ize and our friends), grab churros in twain hands, reach within they bosom and find hope. For hope shall carry the day, hope shall lead us on to brighter shores, hope shall ignite Sir Rubio's jumpshot!

So join hands, join hearts, throw away they negativity, and as the positivity of Stoked, the optimism of Mantooth, the love of ONE LOVE so shall our fortunes go. For even Cy shall resist the relentless urge of nonchalantly throwing in his dose of realism, Numberica shall forego decrying the odds of yon 14-3 streak, NAOS shall make peace with said detractors, and franklin shall discover the fair core of optimism to bring harmony to our combined will!

For then even AB shall ignite and fishonjazz and dalamon rejoice! PG_AB shall find his thoughts turn from the draft to the Vivint. UGLI_Baby shall glance up from his pint of ale. Dr Jones shall find no recourse but to cancel yon Wildcat fundraiser and rally with our merry band (all expenses paid) to distant fortress on elysian Baja shores! Our hopeful forum shall find endless JazzAvenue's threads flowing like the blood of our foes and opposing team's moans shall echo out: "whence cometh this Ingles demon who but perfectly mirrors my liege lord's bean counter!"

For in such a day as we do gather arm in arm even the ghosts of grey souls shall rise from old graves in penitent obeisance. Ye know of whom I speak of old BluesRocker, of HotKnicKKK, of HeavenHarris, of ncoloradojazz. All shall tremble and weep at the combined hope of JFC. And colton, Jason and all fair lords shall sigh with the peace and unity of the realm.

I thus ask of ye gather at Vivint Cathedral; shout, scream in unison at thy 4K; and prepare thy carriages for many a future year's fair parade down John Stockton Dr led by our patriarchs in arms Sir Jerry and Sir Larry On High astride valiant steeds of John Deere and Caterpillar from Sir Jerry's fine stables. But above all let thy hope burn bright that thy Jazz shall prevail.
What I get from this is that the 16th century is apparently cheering for us.

I'd love a series against anyone not Rockets and GSW, then Rockets in round 2 and then LeBron in the finals.

18 games ago, on January 23, the Jazz were 11 games behind the Wolves (we've gained 9), 10.5 behind the Spurs (we've gained 8.5), 7.5 behind the Thunder (we've gained 5.5), 6.5 behind the Pelicans (we've gained 3), 6 behind the Blazers (we've gained 2), 5 behind the Nuggets (we've gained 5) and 4.5 behind the Clippers (we've gained 4.5). If the remaining 17 games follow a similar pattern the only team that's safe from getting passed by us is the Blazers. The Pelicans could be hanging on by the smallest of margins. The rest will be in our rear view mirror, and Down Under will be changing his username because something that he said had an absolutely 0% chance of happening will have happened.

I'm hoping for this. Not what I think will happen, just what would be great
1 Houston
2 warriors
3 blazers
4 jazz
5 clippers
6 thunder
7 nuggets
8 spurs.
Maybe spurs get healthy and kawhi, and Aldridge are full strength. Not impossible they could give Houston problems and even pull an upset.
Nuggets could possibly at least make the warriors play in first round
We could get a spurs v jazz, and warriors v thunder 2nd round, and a jazz v warriors final.
Then off course jazz beat the Celtics in the finals and we all laugh at Hayward

Oh and Ainges son loses his election and gets run out of Utah

Or I smoke entirely to much weed

Sent from my SM-J727T using JazzFanz mobile app

18 games ago, on January 23, the Jazz were 11 games behind the Wolves (we've gained 9), 10.5 behind the Spurs (we've gained 8.5), 7.5 behind the Thunder (we've gained 5.5), 6.5 behind the Pelicans (we've gained 3), 6 behind the Blazers (we've gained 2), 5 behind the Nuggets (we've gained 5) and 4.5 behind the Clippers (we've gained 4.5). If the remaining 17 games follow a similar pattern the only team that's safe from getting passed by us is the Blazers. The Pelicans could be hanging on by the smallest of margins. The rest will be in our rear view mirror, and Down Under will be changing his username because something that he said had an absolutely 0% chance of happening will have happened.

This is exactly the thing that motivated the thread in the first place. All it takes is us having another 14-3 streak (we are on one right now). And pretty much everyone else play at the level they've played all season (~50% win ball). The nice thing is that pretty much every team ahead of us has some of their hardest ball of the year in the next 15 games. I believe.

Homecourt advantage is overrated. I see little practical difference between 6 and 3, but a huge one between 7/8 and 6.

So yeah, rah rah 3rd seed, but if the Jazz are kicking ***, the rest of the **** is noise.

I would like to avoid Portland just because Lillard is playing the best basketball of his life right now and he's unstoppable when he's hot.

I'm hoping for this. Not what I think will happen, just what would be great
1 Houston
2 warriors
3 blazers
4 jazz
5 clippers
6 thunder
7 nuggets
8 spurs.
Maybe spurs get healthy and kawhi, and Aldridge are full strength. Not impossible they could give Houston problems and even pull an upset.
Nuggets could possibly at least make the warriors play in first round
We could get a spurs v jazz, and warriors v thunder 2nd round, and a jazz v warriors final.
Then off course jazz beat the Celtics in the finals and we all laugh at Hayward

Oh and Ainges son loses his election and gets run out of Utah

Or I smoke entirely to much weed

Sent from my SM-J727T using JazzFanz mobile app
I was with you all the way until the part about Ainge's son and then I thought, man, this guy smokes entirely too much weed. You think Mitt is Danny Ainge's son?

Homecourt advantage is overrated. I see little practical difference between 6 and 3, but a huge one between 7/8 and 6.

So yeah, rah rah 3rd seed, but if the Jazz are kicking ***, the rest of the **** is noise.

I would like to avoid Portland just because Lillard is playing the best basketball of his life right now and he's unstoppable when he's hot.

This year ... so damn true. Probably the truest its ever been. Really all its about is that first round win and everything else is gravy.

Just discovered that we've done even better than that if you base it off January 24 because on that day everything else was the same except that we were 11 behind the Spurs (we've gained 9) and 8 behind the Thunder (we've gained 6).