A Place for Conservatives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heathme, Mar 8, 2019.

1. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    Usually it's based on your point of view to begin with. Everyone believes their beliefs are reasonable, logical, and therefore centrist, since obviously their ideas are the most balanced and reasonable. So from that point of view they see anything that doesn't fit their own view as either left or right from there. Hence the view of many on the extreme left that politics has "shifted" so that centrists are the "new right", rather than being intellectually honest and admitting that their own view have shifted extreme left and become even more immutable. We are in an age where confirmation bias is so strongly reinforced through immediate access to similar viewpoints and ability to deride dissenting opinions through the immediate feedback loop of social media, that even those who may previously have accepted other opinions as valid are becoming engulfed in the political quagmires at each end of the spectrum.

Joe Bagadonuts and Jazzta like this.

2. Heathme

Heathme Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    As far as I can tell this is your first contribution to the thread, and that's all you have to say? No liberal knowledge to impart upon me? And if you're not a liberal, no conservative information to share?

Any comments on the many articles, videos, and information I shared?

3. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I have a comment for ya

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

4. Heathme

May 26, 2010
    Thank you for the liberal knowledge!

5. Stars Fan

Stars Fan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Here, here!

Or is it hear, hear!?

Whatever, I second this post.
    AOC is a rookie congresswoman being used as a foil by the state propaganda outlet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

6. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I definitely can respond to the one about growing polar ice caps. In fact, there was an article on Forbes about this and which was debunked. I was one of the debunkers but there were others, and the information was available which showed error in perception made by the article. Yes, there is additional ice in Antarctica, but it has to do with conditions of moisture created by the warming temperatures. However, it's a very thin layer and the ice that is relevant is the icebergs which are deep and thick ice and they are melting. Heathme, there is a lot of disinformation out there about Global Warming to benefit the profit-making industries. They want to keep polluting and spewing out fossil fuels to maintain their profits. To admit to Global Warming would mean they would have to do something about it, which would affect their bottom line. It's a simple as that.

7. Heathme

May 26, 2010
    Serious question. Are you someone that believes that the Earth is gradually and very slowly warming or are you someone that believes the world is going to end in 12 years?

As you can guess, I am definitely on the side that climate computer models are very flawed and have been proven to be flawed over the past 20 to 30 years.

To me, this article is very reasonable:
    https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/stop-the-anti-climate-science-totalitarians

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  8. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    cool personal story.

And, yeah, I'm familiar with Friedman.

9. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
  10. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    isn't she the mouthpiece of this bill that's been forwarded tho ??

11. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Reasonable but it's a pack of lies. Since when did they keep records about tornadoes during the Civil War years -- that was the clue that this was suspect. I haven't checked his claims but I guarantee most of what he is saying is pure b.s.

Sure enough, the work of the dirty, dishonest Koch brothers, the secret power behind the Trump Administration:

https://climateinvestigations.org/who-is-paying-for-heartland-institute-climate-denial-palooza/

Heathme, just look at what the overwhelming majority of scientists are saying. It's like 97-99 percent of the world's respected scientists say that climate change is happening and made by human activity. Stop fighting with science and believing these out and out liars who only want to advance their profit-making agenda.

fishonjazz likes this.
  12. LogGrad98

Jul 7, 2010
    Heathme likes this.
  13. LogGrad98

Jul 7, 2010
    Can you say with absolute certainty that no one is using current prevailing climate opinion to make a profit? Are there research grants, new products, new industries, or anything else monetarily tied to it? Be careful trying to ascribe purely altruistic motivations to anything driven by humans.

Joe Bagadonuts, Jazzta and Heathme like this.
  14. gandalfe

gandalfe Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightened_self-interest

15. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
  16. Heathme

May 26, 2010
  17. Heathme

May 26, 2010
    Here is a view from the other side:
    https://www.heartland.org/about-us/reply-to-critics/index.html

18. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Of course, if one simply ignores everything there is to know about the Heartland Institute.

Take a really deep dive into the history of the Heartland Institute, and then get back to me. Be open minded about it.

Of course I know that won't happen, and really, that's all right. People just believe what supports their own position, and then just talk past each other. I'm no different.

19. LogGrad98

Jul 7, 2010
    In other words yes, there is profit to be made on both sides. But of course, the side you agree with has nothing but altruism in mind at all times. I'm sure if they discovered that man-made climate change was false all of them would immediately give all of their profits to the poor and needy, amiright?

Joe Bagadonuts and Heathme like this.
  20. Heathme

May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

Red likes this.