What's new

A Place for Conservatives

Aw yes, the exiled princess of Westeros who cannot be harmed by fire, and hatches dragon eggs through divine intervention. Has used her power and influence to kill hundreds and will lead an army to gain access to the Iron Throne.

The example all modern woman should follow.

I’m in complete agreement.
It's almost as though mainstream Republican's stated desire for a small government is really only something they believe in under the right circumstances, and not really a guiding principle at all.

They say misery loves company so I guess that explains why young liberals have contempt for anyone who doesn't wear a victim complex on their sleeve.

I tend to agree that some liberals have persecution complexes.

But today, Trump conservatives absolutely own the victim mentality universe. Excuses and blame game for every failure. Incessant whining and insecurity. They are just running scared 24X7, Trump paints himself as a deal rainmaker when what he produces is snowflakes. They know that old white dudes no longer have a monopoly on power, and they scapegoat everyone else for their personal failures. The caravan aaaaaahhhhh!

Some of us welcome the competition, while others don't have the balls for it, their lives are failures and they vote Trump. Because the other choice is that their failures are their own damn fault. Which it usually is.

It's almost as though mainstream Republican's stated desire for a small government is really only something they believe in under the right circumstances, and not really a guiding principle at all.

You don’t say...

Wow this thread was godwinned really fast.

I don't subscribe to that theory, especially when the discussion is about the rights drift to the far right. Comparisons to history are inevitable, there are significant comparable factors, economic crisis in developed economies, loss of confidence in the political establishment and a rise in left and right extremism.

I don't subscribe to that theory, especially when the discussion is about the rights drift to the far right. Comparisons to history are inevitable, there are significant comparable factors, economic crisis in developed economies, loss of confidence in the political establishment and a rise in left and right extremism.

The left and the right, dominant political party wise, are both drifting to the extremes.

The left and the right, dominant political party wise, are both drifting to the extremes.

We are kind of bucking that trend, the ALP is trying to dominate the center politically, the greens have mostly replaced them on the left. Certainly true of the UK and US tho.

I'm not in the habit of responding sincerely to substanceless platitudes. If you want an honest response the dont ask disingenuous questions.

I guess a 20+ billion deficit seems like substantial to most people. The fact that you don’t see it that way is telling.

But I do see why you would want to dodge the question.

Aw yes, the exiled princess of Westeros who cannot be harmed by fire, and hatches dragon eggs through divine intervention. Has used her power and influence to kill hundreds and will lead an army to gain access to the Iron Throne.

The example all modern woman should follow.
Also only got her job cuz of nepotism and had sex with her nephew.

I think labels in politics do more harm than anything, it keeps people from discussing the real issues. I mean, how would you label someone that voted for Trump, regretted it just two months later and would take Bernie over Trump in a heartbeat the next time around?

I think labels in politics do more harm than anything, it keeps people from discussing the real issues. I mean, how would you label someone that voted for Trump, regretted it just two months later and would take Bernie over Trump in a heartbeat the next time around?

Anti-establishment

And I agree with your point.

I found this list of translations for liberal speak. Has some good insights.

https://townhall.com/columnists/joh...slations-of-things-that-liberals-say-n2274756

If you listen to liberals, it quickly becomes apparent that what they’re saying has very little relation to reality. They’re like the “Boy who Cried Wolf” except they spend their time yelling that the sheepdog is about to kill everyone while the wolves sneak in the back gate they left open while they were too busy arguing with their friends about whether eating Chinese food is “cultural appropriation.” Ok, maybe that’s not the best analogy, but the bottom line is that it’s difficult to understand what liberals really mean. So with that in mind, here’s a liberal translation guide that will help you understand what liberals are really saying.

1) “Peaceful Protest” – No liberals were hurt while throwing bricks through windows, demanding “Death to the pigs” or getting together in large gangs to waylay small, lone counter protesters from behind.

2) “Voter Suppression” -- Cutting into Democrat vote totals by taking any steps to prevent voter fraud.

3) “The Constitution” – An outdated, irrelevant document that should be ignored unless you are claiming that some liberal agenda item is guaranteed by it despite the fact that no one noticed it for 200 years.

4) “Fascist” -- People who want to cut spending, abide by the Constitution and get the government off your back.

5) “We want the government out of our bedrooms” – We want the government out of our bedrooms…right after they force the Pope to buy us birth control and promise to support our children if we decide not to use the IUD suggested by the Pope because, “Who does that guy think he is, right?”

6) “Greedy” --
People who want to keep money they’ve earned instead of giving it to people who don’t work as hard, but do vote for Democrats.

7) “Sexism” – Disagreeing with Hillary Clinton, opposing the abortion of female babies or being against mentally ill men being allowed to use the bathroom with women.

8) “Radical position” – Relatively popular non-liberal positions that have been around as long as anyone can remember -- that liberals have recently decided to oppose almost entirely to make themselves appear more sensitive. Example: Refusing to change the name of the Redskins or believing you can’t change genders via surgery is a radical position.

9) “Angry, white male” – A white guy who votes Republican.

10) “Anti-intellectual” – Those who refuse to acknowledge that liberal college professors who couldn’t cut it outside of a university or MSNBC are right about everything.

You can read the last 10 at the website mentioned above if you like...