What's new

Ads with Audio SUCK

I'll find out about the Eagle Gate one but what are you talking about Enes? If you're logged in there is a single ad at the top of the page and two squares at the bottom. That's it! If you are seeing more than that, you should run some software to remove malware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem for me as long as I use Firefox+Adblock. I just wanted to see what ads are there everyone talking about and disabled Adblock. There are some ads about MBA programs, scholarships, body building and real estates. I think it's a trick of google. Probably it tracks my google searches and put those ads.

So no problem sir, I just hate every kind of ads. Thanks.

I'll find out about the Eagle Gate one but what are you talking about Enes? If you're logged in there is a single ad at the top of the page and two squares at the bottom. That's it! If you are seeing more than that, you should run some software to remove malware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see one rectangle at the top, a second rectangle after the first new post in a thread, and a square at the bottom.

I see exactly what Jason described. I think One Brow is doing it wrong if he's got one in the middle of the thread.

I see exactly what Jason described. I think One Brow is doing it wrong if he's got one in the middle of the thread.

I see what Jason described, but I also get the ad right after the first post on most pages as well.

Your ad worked. I am now happily using AdBlock Plus.

Nice.
rmpoB.png

@TroutBum, Try this if you're using Chrome or Firefox, you'll see zero ads then.

Meh. I click on a few of the ads every time I log into the site. It generates a few pennies for Jason, which makes me happy. I don't mind the ads one bit, unless they're screaming at me.

Meh. I click on a few of the ads every time I log into the site. It generates a few pennies for Jason, which makes me happy. I don't mind the ads one bit, unless they're screaming at me.

I didn't know that. Is that true Jason?

Wow, I think I like you for this instant. But that's about it. ;)

I appreciate you and others that don't block the ads. We are very tame on ads on this site and have always been that way since we left our affiliation with RealGM MANY years ago. Some of you were around but that was the main reason we left: a dozen ads on the page and pop-ups and pop-unders all over the place. This site contains THREE ads if you're logged in or FOUR if you're viewing a thread and not logged in. There are a few links in the footer as well but that's it. We remove annoying audio ads and do not tolerate a whole lot more than just a banner as evident by this thread (BTW, Eagle Gate College ad was removed and our agency is well aware we want no part of audio ads going forward).

To those that want to support this free service called JazzFanz, thank you for not blocking the ads. I'll continue to do my best to make sure they're tolerable. This site does cost money to host in addition to the software costs that come up periodically. It's through ads and the occasional premium memberships that make it possible. We're going into year 15 in August and happy to try and make it continue!

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Reactions: ema
There is a Larry H. Miller ad that once your cursor goes over it, drops a huge "drop down" ad. Damn, that's annoying.

I've noticed that when a certain topic or subject comes up on Jazzfanz I start seeing ads pertaining to said matter. Is this a part of the softwear or does someone see it and decide to advertise with Jazzfanz?

I've noticed that when a certain topic or subject comes up on Jazzfanz I start seeing ads pertaining to said matter. Is this a part of the softwear or does someone see it and decide to advertise with Jazzfanz?

my highly uneducated hypothesis is that it's part of the software, and it depends on what threads you frequent so it will differ for different users. that's part of the job of all the bots that constantly peruse the boards.

Some of the ads you'll see will be based on the topic you're reading about. Obviously that could be many things on the GD forum.

Also, some of the ads are served by Google and Google knows what you're interested in. For example, I don't have pay television but I was looking into DIRECTV and TiVo and such recently. Now I see a lot of ads for them. I may have done Google searches on those topics OR I visited various sites that use Google Analytics in the background which tracks hits and things for website owners. I believe Google uses that against you to target ads to you that you might be interested in. Not a bad thing IMO but some may not like it.

https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/

The new ad for Trans Sibian Orchestra "The Story Continues" just scared the **** out of me.

I haven't seen it for a couple of days. It was an add that if the cursor went over it, the audio came on.