What's new

Adventures on Youtube

This thread needs a little creativity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCv10_WvGxo

Most people I know generally think that mutts actually are healthier than purebreds. I always thought this was common knowledge. However this video makes it seem that mutts are always better. In a lot of breeds they breed out genetic diseases. In fact 3 of the top 5 dogs with the longest life spans are all purebred dogs. Pure bred dogs can live just as long as mutts.

Most people I know generally think that mutts actually are healthier than purebreds. I always thought this was common knowledge. However this video makes it seem that mutts are always better. In a lot of breeds they breed out genetic diseases. In fact 3 of the top 5 dogs with the longest life spans are all purebred dogs. Pure bred dogs can live just as long as mutts.

It obviously depends on what traits they are breeding for. What are considered "work" dogs, such as beagles (and IMO the best dog on the planet, their cousin the harrier), australian shepherds and cattle dogs, and even labs, are normally among the best breeds in most ways, since they are bred for a variety of traits and not too focused on a singular attribute, such as getting the jowls to look just so. It is when you get into the toy breeds, the pure show breeds, and generally very large dogs that you start running into real problems.

We breed (for lack of a better word, 2 bitches and several litters into it) pomeranian/shih tzu mixes (pomshiht or shihtranian, something like that =), and we select the males to breed to our females based on many traits and not just the breed specifics. They are great little dogs and fairly long-lived (12-15 yrs) with few health problems.

So generally, like a lot of things, it depends. But I think the video is still correct in many ways, that breeds are arbitrary, for example, and we have done a lot of damage to some breeds such as the bulldog he uses as an example.

It obviously depends on what traits they are breeding for. What are considered "work" dogs, such as beagles (and IMO the best dog on the planet, their cousin the harrier), australian shepherds and cattle dogs, and even labs, are normally among the best breeds in most ways, since they are bred for a variety of traits and not too focused on a singular attribute, such as getting the jowls to look just so. It is when you get into the toy breeds, the pure show breeds, and generally very large dogs that you start running into real problems.

We breed (for lack of a better word, 2 bitches and several litters into it) pomeranian/shih tzu mixes (pomshiht or shihtranian, something like that =), and we select the males to breed to our females based on many traits and not just the breed specifics. They are great little dogs and fairly long-lived (12-15 yrs) with few health problems.

So generally, like a lot of things, it depends. But I think the video is still correct in many ways, that breeds are arbitrary, for example, and we have done a lot of damage to some breeds such as the bulldog he uses as an example.

Many of the breeds are arbitrary but he was plane wrong when he said the natural dog is the mutt. The natural dog is the wolf. If it weren't for selective breeding dogs wouldnt even exist. The process which he shames is the very reason why we have dogs. It is too one sided, I wish he gave a little like 1 or 2 lines defending purebreds.

So, this is gonna be a lil embarrassing, but I figure what the hell. I've been posting more on my YouTube Channel where I motovlog (where you ride a motorcycle and talk.) Now, I'm not sure why I thought that was a good idea in the first place seeing how I struggle with my native tongue, but I really enjoy riding.

I got a list of a lot of places I'm going to ride to this year. Last weekend, my gf went to Disneyland with a bunch of her girlfriends so I decided to drive my bike to Moab. Had so much fun.

Anyway, here's a short video I made from the trip. Let the roasting begin.

I don't even remember how I came up with Toad Moto. I make a lot of questionable decisions. Haha

So, this is gonna be a lil embarrassing, but I figure what the hell. I've been posting more on my YouTube Channel where I motovlog (where you ride a motorcycle and talk.) Now, I'm not sure why I thought that was a good idea in the first place seeing how I struggle with my native tongue, but I really enjoy riding.

I got a list of a lot of places I'm going to ride to this year. Last weekend, my gf went to Disneyland with a bunch of her girlfriends so I decided to drive my bike to Moab. Had so much fun.

I don't even remember how I came up with Toad Moto. I make a lot of questionable decisions. Haha

Wow, I never realized what a massive ****ing cornball you are lol.

Honestly though, that was a pretty cool video.

Not bad. Great scenery.

I'm not into motorcycles so I don't know, but it seems like you have a bike that you really like and so I assume it's a bike that has a bit of a community following. I might try to put the bike in more of a leading role while keeping all the completely amazing scenery and definitely above average background music (not because I liked the music, it just went well with your video and wasn't too in your face like probably 80% of youtubes with background music). I imagine you could increase your subscriptions from KLR (that's what it is, right?) fans that way.

Very cool, Archie. Where else is on your list for this year?

Very cool, Archie. Where else is on your list for this year?

Your bikes are awesome. Looks like you definitely ride at a higher level. I bought my bike 2 and a half years ago. The first year, I just rode it around the valley. The second year, I had hip surgery and hardly rode it and even debated selling it. This year, I told myself I'm going to use it how I envisioned using when I bought it. I want to see everywhere in Utah.
Some places I'm planning on going this year:
The Devil's Playground
Coyote Gulch
Capital Reef
Canyon Lands - Druid Arch
The granite formations hidden in the Sheep Rock Mountains close to Vernon Reservoir.
Everywhere in the Uintahs.
The Piaute Trail
Mexican Mountain
Monument Valley
Saint George area
Geode Pit/Fish Springs - West Desert
9 Mile Canyon
Black Dragon Canyon
Anywhere where there is petroglyphs really

Not bad. Great scenery.

I'm not into motorcycles so I don't know, but it seems like you have a bike that you really like and so I assume it's a bike that has a bit of a community following. I might try to put the bike in more of a leading role while keeping all the completely amazing scenery and definitely above average background music (not because I liked the music, it just went well with your video and wasn't too in your face like probably 80% of youtubes with background music). I imagine you could increase your subscriptions from KLR (that's what it is, right?) fans that way.

Good feedback, GF.

The KLR is a cult classic and has a huge following. It's basically the same bike they made 30 years ago. They say it's the bike that isn't great at anything, but good at everything.

I'm just finishing my full edit of the Potash Trail. It's close to 30 minutes and basically captures what I saw and how I reacted on my ride. I had no idea where I was going or what I was getting into. I rolled the die and had an experience I'll never forget.