AJ or Millsap?

Who would you keep?

• AJ

Votes: 47 95.9%
  • Millsap

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Beantown

If Favors improves I can see them getting rid of one of the two. I would like them to keep all 3 and try and get rid of Memo and move Millsap back to the 6th man role. But if the Jazz move either Millsap or AJ who would you want to keep?

My guess is the Jazz would move Millsap because Jefferson can play C and of course the phoenix trade rumors.

Millsap. He can't guard the elite bigger PFs.
Jefferson starts at C, Favors starts at PF.
Also AJ and Favors can play PF or C.
Find out at end of season what someone would give for Millsap.

I find it extremely annoying how most people on this forum think the solution of all troubles is trading away the players. As if we would be able to get someone so much better than Millsap/AJ coming off the bench. Loyalty of the players, stability of the organization, building team chemistry, and the preservation of our basketball culture mean so little to you, unless you can use to attack someone (OMG, Williams never committed to the Jazz????).

Could Millsap have the same kind of month that Big Al just had (24 ppg; 10 rpg and 55% shooting, 2 blocks per game)? I do like the three bigs as presently constituted. Perhaps Memo's expiring deal will be enough to get a SG next season without moving Paul.

If we trade either, it's definitely gotta be Millsap-- AJ is better, but the national perception is that Millsap is probably better and thus we could probably get more for him.

But if we can't get a legit 2 for him, I'd keep all 3 of these dudes.

A lot depends on what happens with Memo and AK. If I had to choose between AJ and PM, I would say AJ right now, but it totally depends on the other players on the roster and who we could get back in a trade scenario.

I think I'd rather be deep, If Favors is as good as we think he is we could return Millsap to be a stud bench player that he was in the past.

I like the thought of trading Millsap, not because I dont like him as a player but I think we can get a decent return (some combination of young sg/pg talent and picks) then resign AK to something reasonable. Giving us a big man rotation of AJ, DF an AK .

AJ no question, if you are referring to who should we keep if one of them needed to go. I think AJ has a more complete game, can play both PF and C much more effectively than Sap and Sap has just been too inconsistent.

I also think in some ways Sap has a better trade value, so I think he could be part of a trade involving picks, maybe CJ or AK, to net us a better wing or stronger center.

Yes I would rather keep all three unless we could get a great guard using Millsap and have a Jefferson, Favors, Evans rotation.

AJ no question, if you are referring to who should we keep if one of them needed to go. I think AJ has a more complete game, can play both PF and C much more effectively than Sap and Sap has just been too inconsistent.

I also think in some ways Sap has a better trade value, so I think he could be part of a trade involving picks, maybe CJ or AK, to net us a better wing or stronger center.

I don't think you trade either of them UNLESS you can get an efficient starting SG. Al's ability to play two positions is very important to the fabric of this team, and I think Millsap constitutes the biggest part of the heart this team has (plus his contract from this point forward is very affordable). The only other reason for which I'd execute a trade is if Millsap is very unhappy going back to his bench role.... cuz I think that's where he is headed if he is going to stay with this team.

I don't think you trade either of them UNLESS you can get an efficient starting SG. Al's ability to play two positions is very important to the fabric of this team, and I think Millsap constitutes the biggest part of the heart this team has (plus his contract from this point forward is very affordable). The only other reason for which I'd execute a trade is if Millsap is very unhappy going back to his bench role.... cuz I think that's where he is headed if he is going to stay with this team.

I'm with the not trading ether crowd. But if it had to be one of them to get a All-Star type wing player I would have to say that I would rather Keep AJ. Love Sap, but Jefferson is a better talent.

The thing that used to put sap a step above other was his hustle, and determination to get boards and play hard. As a Starter he just can't put that kind of effort out there because he is afraid to foul and have nothing left in the tank at the end of the game. Off the bench he could play kinda reckless and free because he knew Boozer was going to come back in. Up until now there wasn't really anyone behind him so he plays more careful.

I don't get it. Jazz fans complain about not having big men. Now we get a very solid 3 big rotation in Favors,Big Al and Millsap and then you want to trade Millsap.

I know we need a 2 badly but see what you can get with the NJ pick and also what value Okur expiring has along with Tomic and the Golden State pick and possibly (if we don't make the playoffs( that lottery pick as well.

Next year I'd start Favors, move Millsap to the bench and hopefully we'll have a 2 by then whether its free agency, trade or the draft