What's new

AJ or Millsap?

Who would you keep?

• AJ

Votes: 47 95.9%
  • Millsap

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
I don't get it. Jazz fans complain about not having big men. Now we get a very solid 3 big rotation in Favors,Big Al and Millsap and then you want to trade Millsap.

I know we need a 2 badly but see what you can get with the NJ pick and also what value Okur expiring has along with Tomic and the Golden State pick and possibly (if we don't make the playoffs( that lottery pick as well.

Next year I'd start Favors, move Millsap to the bench and hopefully we'll have a 2 by then whether its free agency, trade or the draft

2 6'9" to 6'10" guys and a 6'8" guy do not a center make. This lineup will still get killed by the Gasols and Howards of the league. If we can get a real center it would be worth it to trade one of our other bigs. Sap is the odd man out imo, plus I think he has solid trade value.

Obviously if we cannot score a center or a solid wing we keep him.

This thread was not saying we should trade one of them. I think people are getting confused.

Im just using a hypothetical situation to see who everyone believes has more value to the Jazz out of the two going forward.

Even though the Jazz were rumored to trade Millsap.

This thread was not saying we should trade one of them. I think people are getting confused.

Im just using a hypothetical situation to see who everyone believes has more value to the Jazz out of the two going forward.

Even though the Jazz were rumored to trade Millsap.

I think, even though the thread was not meant to imply one should be traded, that it is pretty obvious some of us think a trade would be in order.

If you're going to trade one of our bigs we have to get another big to replace him. If we are going to contend we need a solid 3 big man rotation. You only trade Millsap for another big man.

A solid wing needs to be addressed, but I don't think sacrificing one of our very productive big men is the best way of doing so.

If Okur can be back to his old self like 2009-10, then I think we definitely have to look into trading Millsap for a quality wing. If Okur is deemed done, we should keep Millsap, but only if the coaches and Millsap are so open-minded that putting him back on the bench won't be a problem. Jefferson and Favors should be the starting bigs as early as next game. Will they be? No.

Next year Millsap is either going to be gone or coming off the bench. Jefferson's a better player, no matter what KEK and GVC say.

2 6'9" to 6'10" guys and a 6'8" guy do not a center make. This lineup will still get killed by the Gasols and Howards of the league. If we can get a real center it would be worth it to trade one of our other bigs. Sap is the odd man out imo, plus I think he has solid trade value.

Obviously if we cannot score a center or a solid wing we keep him.

In terms of frame, height, length, and leaping ability, Favors is barely behind Howard. Howard didn't come into this league looking like a roided super-hero, either.

I think Favors will do just fine as a C and depending on how things like his skill-set develop, it might actually be his best position. Let's not forget that the Celtics C rotation from 2007 to recently has been almost exclusively 6' 10" Perkins, 6' 8" Big Baby, and 'wiry-strong' 6' 11" KG when matchups or a stop gap dictated.

Definitely Millsap. He's just too small for starting PF. He could be a great bench player but I worry that he's not going to accept being the backup again.

People keep saying put Milsap back on the bench but he would not be happy and his play would suffer. Yes he was originally great 6 man but after he got to start for awhile he was upset when Boozer was reinserted as the starter. He did not play as hard or as well and said he wanted to start. I doubt he would be okay with backing up Favors and AJ. Milsap will be traded as soon as the Jazz feel Favors is ready to start which will be some time next season. Also if the Jazz plan on trading Milsap they should keep him starting until they trade him. If Milsap gets benched his trade value goes down.

Neither, they are our number #1 and 2 scoring options and will be for the foreseeable future. It would take a really good SG to replace either's production on the offensive end. That SG doesn't exist, the closest thing would be Kevin Martin and he has all other types of problems from being injured all the time to playing no D.

I totally agree with Broncster...start him until he is traded.

I think thats why we will have to trade Millsap because we know how bad he wanted to be a starter when Boozer was here, so he will not take it well if we send him back to the bench because Paul feels like he is a starter but he is not a starting power forward at 6'7" on a championship winning team, sorry I love his heart and hard work but talent and size can't not be taught, and talent and size always beat out heart and hard work.

Neither, they are our number #1 and 2 scoring options and will be for the foreseeable future. It would take a really good SG to replace either's production on the offensive end. That SG doesn't exist, the closest thing would be Kevin Martin and he has all other types of problems from being injured all the time to playing no D.

Or, you know, the trade deadline has passed and Houston wouldn't trade him to us.

Got to keep the better player, and that's AJ. I still like Sap, but he's been a little dissapointing on defense/rebounds.
Hopefully it's just an issue of him being banged up, and just been playing through the pain. I have a feeling he is. If that's the case
we'll see a better Sap next year, and he'll have proved he can play through injuries. Something is off this year for Sap,
esp lately. Whether it's being a starter, or an injury, something is not right with him. Let's hope next year we see a better Sap.

The gutsy move would be to bring Millsap off the bench...no matter what he was told at the beginning of the season.

Maybe for Scola, but Houston wouldn't.

Word is a lot of people want Millsap. The Toronto board wants him and started a bunch of trade ideas after Williams was dealt. Millsap for the center who is softer than al dente Italian pasta? Could he become the new Pau in a Utah uni?