AJ or Millsap?

Who would you keep?

• AJ

Votes: 47 95.9%
  • Millsap

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
Maybe for Scola, but Houston wouldn't.

Word is a lot of people want Millsap. The Toronto board wants him and started a bunch of trade ideas after Williams was dealt. Millsap for the center who is softer than al dente Italian pasta? Could he become the new Pau in a Utah uni?

if you are referring to Bargnani, i will trade Millsap + the 2nd first round pick for him in a heartbeat. Soft or not, he is what Okur is supposed to give us this year and will be a great compilment to either Jefferson or Favors. I would not understand why they would want Millsap over Bargnani though...

This poll is a lot more lopsided than I figured it would be. With all the love Millsap gets and all the hate AJ gets I thought Millsap may even win. Guess not.

Jefferson has just been more effective lately, and he has height.

I really like Milsap though, and it is difficult to replace someone who averages 17 and 8 while shooting 50% and 36% from 3, with a 20 PER. 1.35 steals, .85 bpg and 2.3 apg.

If he can slide to the 3, still put up these numbers and somehow be an adequate defender of 3's that would be great.
Favors is shooting almost 80% for us, and his PER is 25 on almost 16 minutes. When someone produces like that it's tough to keep them off the floor. If he can keep his PER close to that with double the minutes, we can go ahead and get his All-star jersey ready for next year.

Why is it Jefferson or Sap... dang it, I want them both to play.

Millsap is probably right now is most valuable trade asset. With Favors on team, Millsap is expendable.
If Jazz could get a very good young SG for him why not.

I decided to bump this thread because I think it might be *sticky* material. This will be a big question this offseason; I think both of them will be shopped around. While a lot depends on draft day and whether or not we have 1 or 2 picks, I'd be surprised if both Millsap and AJ are in a Jazz uniform next season. The only way it happens is if we find 2 good scorers and different positions and Millsap agrees to be the 6th man.

It has to be AJ. Taller, more skilled, somewhat more athletic, somewhat better defender, more suited for both PF and C positions. AJ does need to bulk up, but he is a more well-rounded player than Sap. I like Sap but I think he is a trade piece right now, especially with Favors coming along.

Sap needs to be a sixth man, unless he can show the ability to pace himself throughout an 82 game season and still be effective.

I love saps hustle and his work ethic. BUT, he is under sized for a PF. I think Big Al could play either position and gives you some flexibility. In todays NBA, the PF often has to cover the center. Poor Paul gets dwarfed by a lot of centers in the league. I would actually keep both AJ and Sap for next year and bring Favors a long until he learns not to foul every other play.

I have proposed this trade before but I think it is a good trade for both teams. Millsap + miles + golden st pick for danny granger. I know it is a lot but solves both teams problems. Jazz get a scoring wing and Indy gets their pf

If we've learned anything over the last few games, it's that Millsap is valuable to this team now that Deron is gone. Millsap has been the most clutch player, next to Deron, this season. Perhaps more clutch in big wins.

big al injury prone and never been on a winning team. Now you see why jazz fo is laughing stock right now in the nba. Id keep millsap and shop jefferson for a legit center. TRy to call clippers and get d.jordan which prob wouldnt happen but id consider kaman for him in a second

I'd really like the Jazz to keep Millsap, but that should only happen if he is willing to come off of the bench. If he can continue to add to his offensive repertoire then he should be able to get own some isolation plays and be the anchor for the second unit. He'll still get 28-30 minutes.

I agree with you Peterzz, Millsap is the heart of this franchise right now.

Maybe for Scola, but Houston wouldn't.

Word is a lot of people want Millsap. The Toronto board wants him and started a bunch of trade ideas after Williams was dealt. Millsap for the center who is softer than al dente Italian pasta? Could he become the new Pau in a Utah uni?

boozer/okur 2.0

big al injury prone and never been on a winning team. Now you see why jazz fo is laughing stock right now in the nba. Id keep millsap and shop jefferson for a legit center. TRy to call clippers and get d.jordan which prob wouldnt happen but id consider kaman for him in a second

milly has missed more games than al this season.

over the last 2 seasons, even after recovering from knee surgery, al has only miss 6 games.

hell over the last 4 seasons, including the knee fiasco, he has only missed 38 games.

I've always been a Milsap fan. Love his heart, hustle, etc. But to answer the question, definitely Jefferson. While it would be nice to keep all three big men (Favors included), this team desperately needs a skilled, reliable 3-point threat, shooting guard. If it Milsap can be used as a chip to acquire this SG, then I'd for it. Then, I'd decline to sign AK, move Hayward to small forward, and see what I could draft or what other moves I could engineer.