What's new

AK Will Give Utah First Chance

Easy for him to say that when he knows we aren't going to pay him what he wants.

Since we all know Howard is most likely gone after this year and possibly CJ as well, I wouldn't be opposed to it at all..... at the right price of course.

A lot of it depends on if the balls fall our way (and miss our chin) and we land a good lottery pick with either our pick, Golden States pick, or both.

Depends on what happens between now and then, but if we need someone at his position I wouldn't object, as long as the price isn't too high.

I liked AK while he was here but this is a new Utah team and they have moved on. So I say no.

"Best of luck in your future endeavors"

I'd like to see him work in these new defensive schemes. It all comes down to his attitude... this isn't the old team, he'd have to buy into the newness, whole hog.

something tells me he's too much of a creature of habit to make that happen.

Familiarity breeds discontent apparently. We should be so lucky to get AK back in a Jazz uniform. I know a lot of you "dislike" AK for your own reasons, but that just makes your basketball acumen suspect. I agree totally that he can't be overpaid this time. But from a competitive standpoint we could certainly benefit from his presence. Why would we want a player whose stats (last Years) surpass every player on our roster but two.

I actually really want him back......

Harris
Hayward
Ak
Millsap
Jefferson

That's a long lineup with great passing in Hayward and AK.

Also I think Corbin could get a lot more out of AK then Sloan ever did.

Familiarity breeds discontent apparently. We should be so lucky to get AK back in a Jazz uniform. I know a lot of you "dislike" AK for your own reasons, but that just makes your basketball acumen suspect. I agree totally that he can't be overpaid this time. But from a competitive standpoint we could certainly benefit from his presence. Why would we want a player whose stats (last Years) surpass every player on our roster but two.

No it does not. It just means they have a different view than you.

"No it does not. It just means they have a different view than you."

Completely agree... Seems a weak personal attack for someone who simply disagrees with GJ's POV.

Relating to AK, I think he still has skills and would be a great asset, and with the newly formed team I think it would be worth a try. His ability to meld back into Euro form and participate at a high level with the Euro team suggests he can mold to suit needs. As so many have said I think it would depend on the $$$.

i definitely see either CJ or Howard out next years, so i wouldnt mind AK back for less than those 2 would sign elsewhere.

if AK comes back to utah,it will be great.But can utah afford him? im sure CSKA would pay him anything he wants,i would pay him anything he want,if i owned a team .He is the best player in euroleague this year.