What's new

AK Will Give Utah First Chance

O.K. I'm chastised! My comment was not aimed at GoJazz79 or any other poster here. I guess i should of punctuated my post with a lot of #*-&*# rather than question anyone's BB IQ, that seems to be the more accepted style here.

I think there was, his price was too high though.

AK said price had nothing to do with it. He just did not want to leave CSKA in the middle of the very successfull season and go back to crazy compacted lockout schedule in NBA. They just moved all their kids from USA to Russian schools, not good to rush them back after 3 month again. He made right decision for his family and himself to stay in Russia, finish season there where he has a great chance to win everything thus raising his value and coming back to NBA next year.

I don't mind AK too much, but what if he comes back like RAJA with expectations too high? He's going to end up being dead weight, taking the time from our rookies cause of his vet status. I'd rather see some fresher faces. Sorry AK :S

Cold drunk and tatted up AK, huh, its something to think about.

Seriously, I don't care what the Millers pay him, its their money. AK can provide a high level of entertainment when he plays with energy. But for me it would depend on what Coach Corbin does with the offense. Because watching AK run the flex and clank 3-pt shots from the right elebow as the shot clock expires sounds boring, I've already seen that for 6-7 seasons. However, if Coach implements some new offense and I can see AK attack the basket from new angles, or get the ball in new spots then it would be very entertaining to watch, and create so much speculation on this board about what might have been had Ol' Jerry tried something new with his Max player.

O.K. I'm chastised! My comment was not aimed at GoJazz79 or any other poster here. I guess i should of punctuated my post with a lot of #*-&*# rather than question anyone's BB IQ, that seems to be the more accepted style here.

Do not take it personal. I never thought it was aimed at me. Just an observation made on what you posted.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Grandpa Jazz again.

It was a classy statement. I don't see anything else to read into it. Whether there's interest or not remains to be seen, but I like the way he answered the question.

became a jazz fan recently
kirilenko had a skill set that was very seductive
but i question whether ultimately whether he ever wanted to win badly enough

I don't care about how much he's paid, only how long.

His contract can't go beyond Al Jefferson's contract unless it's very small. If he's willing to sign for a year and a half, I don't care if we break the bank for him.

2 years for $5 mill total I would say go for it. Anything more, no way.

AK would make this team complete.

Right now Corbin is running the offense to and through either Hayward or the bigs. AK would thrive in that environment. (taking Hayward's place at pt forward.)

That's in a vacuum though. There are other considerations.

Familiarity breeds discontent apparently. We should be so lucky to get AK back in a Jazz uniform. I know a lot of you "dislike" AK for your own reasons, but that just makes your basketball acumen suspect. I agree totally that he can't be overpaid this time. But from a competitive standpoint we could certainly benefit from his presence. Why would we want a player whose stats (last Years) surpass every player on our roster but two.

Typical AK lover, so if someone doesn't like AK then they don't know anything about basketball. Really, so his declining stats must not be good enough reason, or his injuries and aging body, the fact that he complained about his role during the playoffs, the fact that he asked to get out of his contract, the fact he and SLoan butted heads, quitting on the team and not working to get better. Forget about the huge contract he whined about then all he proceeded to do is play video games and read books instead of improving his body and game. Yea there is no legitimate reason to dislike AK. It must be that AK haters are still too dumb to see the "greatness in AK".

Give me a break. AK never was as good as AK lovers thought he was and he was too lazy to get any better. If we are voting I would say NO! NO! NO!.. to infinity.

There are better SF out there for less money. Besides the fact that the Jazz may get one in the draft. I really doubt the FO wanted him back especially concerning how much he wanted to be paid.