What's new

Al Jefferson has been a beast lately.

Really, Big Al's game isn't pick and roll. Although he started to finally get it right before D Will left. How does that prove you right. Big Al >>>>>XXXX a Million better than Boozer

Actually Big Al is not bad in pick and roll, but admittedly his hands are not as good as Boozer's. But the thing is, it was also part of Deron's fault. As a point guard, you have to know what your teammates are capable to do. A lot of times when you saw Al fumbled the ball out of bound, sometimes it was because he did not catch the ball when he should have, and sometimes it was Deron's pass being too strong. Both of them improved close to the trade though.

Devin Harris ran the P&R with Al a few times, and for the most part it was very effective. We should have tried to run that at the end of the last game, but I think we were scared because of the turnovers right before the last couple minutes.

sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpg

I know what you mean, he has only been averaging 10 over the last 10 games and 9.2 for the season. What a slacker.

He has rebounding... he just doesn't box out well enough. If he learns how to box out, he can easily grab 12+ a game. Hope Karl Malone would've told him that.

He missed the FT against the Celtics and took that horrible J last night, both of which Boozer would have made.

JUST SAYIN.

From behind the Jazz bench while standing in a suit?

Unlikely.

And even if he had made them, they wouldn't have counted.

I know you fools like to jump to conclusions but it still remains to be seen whether Al Jefferson is a better #1 option that Boozer. I clearly won the debate about who's the better #2 option. And since I'm not debating the #1 option anyway, it looks like

SLOANFELD REIGNS SUPREME

It's easy to disregard everything you say because it long ago became obvious that Boozer has compromising photographs of you. Nothing else could possibly explain your behavior on this subject.

Random poster: I hear that Big Al is really good at brushing his teeth.

Sloanfeld: Oh yeah? Then why aren't they as white as Boozers? I WIN THE INTERNET DEBATE! I WIN THE INTERNET DEBATE! BOW DOWN TO ME, SUCKAHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's easy to disregard everything you say because it long ago became obvious that Boozer has compromising photographs of you. Nothing else could possibly explain your behavior on this subject.

Random poster: I hear that Big Al is really good at brushing his teeth.

Sloanfeld: Oh yeah? Then why aren't they as white as Boozers? I WIN THE INTERNET DEBATE! I WIN THE INTERNET DEBATE! BOW DOWN TO ME, SUCKAHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boozer is the KING of brushing his teeth.

Just because someone can block shots doesn't mean they know how to defend. He needs a lot of work on the defensive end. Offensively the guy is a beast. He needs to work on not going baseline so much and missing the shot 99% of the time.

Just because someone can block shots doesn't mean they know how to defend. He needs a lot of work on the defensive end. Offensively the guy is a beast. He needs to work on not going baseline so much and missing the shot 99% of the time.

Try a coherent line of thought. Much easier for others to follow.

You act like we traded Boozer to get Al. We let Boozer walk and got Jefferson at a steal of a contract in a steal of a trade.

You act like we traded Boozer to get Al. We let Boozer walk and got Jefferson at a steal of a contract in a steal of a trade.

I wouldn't call his contract a steal. It's not horrible, and it looks great when in comparison with Boozer's, but it's not a steal.

Jeffersons beastitude continues. Great game tonight, even just from the stat line.

27 pt/2 blocks/1 steal/4 asst/7 boards/1 TO

Keep it up AJ.

+ 1

I love the way Al has stepped up since the trade. Couldn't have asked for any more than what he's produced.

It's really strange watching the Jazz now. The dynamic has totally shifted. Al is emerging as a real force and Harris will get even better I think.

Anyway, it was nice to have a win.

What's so hard to follow?

Sorry, my bad I read it wrong. Missed the transition to discussing offense in the middle of the sentence. Sounded at first like you said he needs to work on his defense by not going baseline so much. +7 for your trouble.

He has rebounding... he just doesn't box out well enough. If he learns how to box out, he can easily grab 12+ a game. Hope Karl Malone would've told him that.

So you are unhappy with a PF averaging 10 boards per game?

Malone averaged 10.1 a game for his career. For 8 of his last 9 seasons averaged under 10 with about 5 of them under 9. And he is considered a top-notch rebounder.

Right now AJ is 18th in the league in rebounding for the season. If the past 10 games were an indication he would jump to the top 10. I am happy with his rebounding personally. I think you have a point about technique and if he learned that he could get a couple more per game perhaps, but I am certainly not hung up on whether he averages 10 or 11 or 12 per game. Once you hit double digits in a category like rebounding you are considered near-elite at it.