What's new

Al Jefferson has been a beast lately.

I think Big Al is playing better because he isn't trying to fit into the pick'n roll offense that Jerry Sloan was famous for. Only problem, is that no one told Big Al that Jerry doesn't call the pick'n roll as much since the league allowed zones. I think he could have played like a beast all year if he didn't worry about fitting in and worried more about dominating. Obviously, he is not a perfect player, but when he gets on a roll...he's unstoppable.

AJ's stats since All-Star break:

28 PPG
10.3 RPG
2.4 BPG
1.9 APG

Since it is all the rage to compare to Boozer here is Boozers line since the AS break:

14.3 PPG
8.1 RPG
2 blocks total since AS break
1.2 APG

AJ's stats since All-Star break:

28 PPG
10.3 RPG
2.4 BPG
1.9 APG

Since it is all the rage to compare to Boozer here is Boozers line since the AS break:

14.3 PPG
8.1 RPG
2 blocks total since AS break
1.2 APG

Where is Sloanfeld to make sense of all this?! I need someone to tell me why Bozzer is better!

That is Jefferson's fault no the refs. Jefferson shoots quickly and never gets in position for draw fouls.

If Jefferson could average around 6-8 free throws a game he would would be so much better. He is so good at getting his opponent up in the air or falling for his fakes but he fades away mostly.

If he consistently got to the line he wouldn't hurt his team that much when his shot isn't falling. Something CJ Miles also needs to learn.

Jefferson is by far our best player right now. I just hope we sign a big man coach who teaches these guys to get to the free throw line. Stop being finesse players in the paint.

I don't disagree.

But he still gets stiffed on no-calls a couple times a game.

I would agree Candy. I remember at the very least 3 times where he got jobbed...no matter, he got his.

The streak continues. Halfway through 4th, 29 pts 15 boards, 2 ast 1 st 1 block.

The streak continues. Halfway through 4th, 29 pts 15 boards, 2 ast 1 st 1 block.

Finished with 33 pts and 18 boards. Wow he is on a tear.

But what a loser, he can't even box out. If he had he would have had 20 instead of 18 boards. What a freaking slacker that can't even get 20 rebounds. Jeez!

Al played too many minutes, had nothing for defense tonight. I don't blame Ty for not wanting to put Fes or Favors in though, they have looked lost lately.

OK he is playing like an MVP.

30 pts, 17 boards, 6 asst, 2 blocks, only 1 TO.

Anyone complaining about his rebounding now?

Also Bozzer is injured again.

I'll give him this one. It wasn't a softy:

boozy.gif

twolves fans must be amused that the jazz are trying to build around jefferson. their team had so much success doing the same.

I'n neither a Jefferson home or a Boozer hater, but this is an idiotic statement. Jefferson was surrounded by crap at Minnesota. Love is an awesome player, but he's surrounded by crap as well, and the T-Wolves are doing about as well with Love as the go-to guy as it did with Jefferson. I'd bet the farm that if it was Boozer instead of Jefferson, Minnesota would have been just has bad, if not worse. In Garnett's last years there, Minnesota still stunk; I suppose you think Boozer is vastly superior to Garnett?

Nobody, not even Kobe, could have turned those T-Wolves teams into contenders, let alone playoff teams.

Jefferson is good, he's potentially a piece of the puzzle. He's probably not the centerpiece, but that doesn't mean he's not a damned good player who's playing damned well at at the moment.

I'n neither a Jefferson home or a Boozer hater, but this is an idiotic statement. Jefferson was surrounded by crap at Minnesota. Love is an awesome player, but he's surrounded by crap as well, and the T-Wolves are doing about as well with Love as the go-to guy as it did with Jefferson. I'd bet the farm that if it was Boozer instead of Jefferson, Minnesota would have been just has bad, if not worse. In Garnett's last years there, Minnesota still stunk; I suppose you think Boozer is vastly superior to Garnett?

Nobody, not even Kobe, could have turned those T-Wolves teams into contenders, let alone playoff teams.

Jefferson is good, he's potentially a piece of the puzzle. He's probably not the centerpiece, but that doesn't mean he's not a damned good player who's playing damned well at at the moment.

CJ Miles
Raja Bell
Earl Watson
Hayward
AK
Okur
not exactly a star studded supporting cast here either.

CJ Miles
Raja Bell
Earl Watson
Hayward
AK
Okur
not exactly a star studded supporting cast here either.

This is actually why I feel bad for AJ. He was leaving a terrible situation and presumably coming in to play with the premiere point guard in the league. We could all see how humble and excited he was to be on a perennial play-off team. Then it all fell apart. Could have been epic, especially considering how he is playing right now. But instead we went from mediocre to worst in the league damn near.