What's new

Al Jefferson Still An Average Rebounder?

Stoked doesn't believe intellectual honesty is possible. Everybody is (at least partially) blinded by FOX or MSNBC.

No, that stats still showed him to be a good rebounder, clearly above average.
For an innumerate slob, you're awfully confident. I'm not going to dig up those stats for your benefit, as you've proven to be one of the most willfully ignorant posters in the history of Jazzfanz, but I'm fairly confident they didn't support the contention that Al was "clearly above average" rebounding the basketball the last two seasons.

Easy to get rebounds when everybody is shooting like crap. What percentage did Houston shoot again last night? I bet if we go back and look at the other games as well, those teams probably didn't shoot well either. Jefferson is a pretty good rebounder. Not bad, but not elite either. Oh, and it's a contract year for him too.

For an innumerate slob, you're awfully confident. I'm not going to dig up those stats for your benefit, as you've proven to be one of the most willfully ignorant posters in the history of Jazzfanz, but I'm fairly confident they didn't support the contention that Al was "clearly above average" rebounding the basketball the last two seasons.

Al isnt above average? Your "average" must be pretty high. Al may not be the cream of the crop but he definitely isn't below average, or even average. He is above average, lets not be ridiculous. Your spite for his defense and lack of passing is clouding your judgement on his rebounding.

Stoked doesn't believe intellectual honesty is possible. Everybody is (at least partially) blinded by FOX or MSNBC.

No, it is very much possible. Most people simply have no interest in it.

Welcome back! Where the hell you been?

That is some damn truth.

But Al appears to have better rebounding and ability to get to the line.
Sap has apaprently worked on the 3 ball
Favors appears to have worked on his O game.

He had one possession where he got the ball in the low right post and immediately made a move before his man was ready. Most of the time the 2 young guys seem to want to bump or size up first, I don't think that's going to be Favor's strength. So, good sign for Derrick.

He had one possession where he got the ball in the low right post and immediately made a move before his man was ready. Most of the time the 2 young guys seem to want to bump or size up first, I don't think that's going to be Favor's strength. So, good sign for Derrick.

I have seen several signs, from Favors and Kanter, on the O side of the ball that are encouraging. They both have several new moves that they didn't even attempt to use last year.

kanter has shown a pump fake once or twice that deserves some respect aswell.. also, enes and favors are both rather athletic. if we keep them i think in a year or two they will really help us keep up with the derection the nba seems to be going. its no longer good enough to just be a big and just take up space.

Big Al at his best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLDw2vSqbPs

Listen, I love this man, he is one of ours, nice guy, wants to be in Utah, puts big numbers and this was a nice game against Houston. That said, just trade him already.

I thought Al was a good, but, not great rebounder last year. My biggest gripe with him was how many rebounds he got his hands on then dropped out of bounds. Seemed like he had a lot of trouble just getting his handle. I haven't noticed that as a problem this year.

I still don't think he's elite. He doesn't rebound out of his area much, and will never rotate over to stop another defender from sneaking in for a rebound. But, I do think he's a bit better by virtue of having softer hands this year.

Big Al at his best

Listen, I love this man, he is one of ours, nice guy, wants to be in Utah, puts big numbers and this was a nice game against Houston. That said, just trade him already.

"take it strong to the hoop", said Big Al never.

Jefferson's Def Reb rate is clearly better than any other Jazzman the last two years.

He's definitely an above average individual rebounder. His team rebounding is significantly less impressive. It pretty obviously tells you that he swallows most everything that comes to him, but doesn't box out terribly well, which is basically what you'll find by, you know, watching the game, save for the fact that he grabs most everything that he touches.

Big Al at his best

h