What's new

Al Jefferson to Utah? ...Mark Stein's Twitter reports

I'm glad we got Jefferson instead of Harrington, that's a step in the right direction for sure. I'd like to see the Jazz play Sap and AJ as starters with AJ at the 5. Jazz still need to wheel and deal a little bit more to bolster our lineup but it's nice to see them not sitting on their hands doing nothing.

Jefferson is a great pick up and the Jazz may be better next year than last. Jefferson pretty much replaces Boozer's skill set. Both are the same size ... Jefferson measured like a quarter inch taller in shoes and Boozer has about 10 pounds on him. Jazz could still use a center.

Jefferson is a great pick up and the Jazz may be better next year than last. Jefferson pretty much replaces Boozer's skill set. Both are the same size ... Jefferson measured like a quarter inch taller in shoes and Boozer has about 10 pounds on him. Jazz could still use a center.

Jefferson's standing reach was 1.5 inches greater than Booze's and his max vert reach was 3 inches greater.

Dude, good job not starting a new thread for that link.

Reputation given.

Also, nice find...though it was posted before.

Haha. Thanks. I was reeeeaaallly tempted to start another Al thread.

Didn't see it posted before, my bad.

Al Jefferson told Alema that Deron called him for the first time after he signed and the first words out of Deron's mouth were "I'm gonna make you an Allstar."

Al almost dropped the phone.

The guy sounds genuinely happy to be here. I'm getting more psyched by the moment.

Al Jefferson told Alema that Deron called him for the first time after he signed and the first words out of Deron's mouth were "I'm gonna make you an Allstar."

Al almost dropped the phone.

The guy sounds genuinely happy to be here. I'm getting more psyched by the moment.

That's a great story. And it sounds like Al was on Deron's short list of players he'd like to play here. What impressed me is to hear KOC had discussed this with Kahn way back at the deadline last season and then again before the draft. And nothing was ever leaked. Shows KOC has been really working to improve the team, even if it hasn't always been immediately apparent.

AJefferson.png

I got pretty damn excited making this!