What's new

Al third most likely player traded before deadline

I agree. The FO offered Millsap an extension but not Big Al.

Millsap could have been extended much more cheaply than Jefferson. Jefferson would be a bargain at Millsap's salary, and Millsap far overpaid at Jefferson's.

I agree. The FO offered Millsap an extension but not Big Al.
The extension offered to Millsap was for the max available under NBA rules. It was strictly a PR move as both sides knew it was far below market value. The same type of extension was not available to Jefferson. Can't read anything into it. I still maintain that Millsap will be seeking at least a $60M/5 yr. deal. And someone will pay Jefferson $14M/yr. Good centers are in short supply and thus overpaid.

Millsap will not extend with a team he doesn't start on.

Not sure how you missed this, but Millsap will not extend with a team. His extension can only be percentage raises from his existing salary, and he's been underpaid by at least $2 million per year for the previous two seasons.

I am a huge fan of Paul, but the practical side of me says he does not fit. It will be tough to demote him back to the bench. He is a lower tier starter, but would dominate off the bench IF he could accept that.

From another angle, if Koufus can go from a 3rd/4th big to a starter/rotation guy, what do Kanter and Favors do with a legitimate chance to start with no associated drama? I remember thinking Koufus would be out of the league soon after he left.

I wonder what Jefferson would say to a bench role? Not immediately, but as Kanter and Favors progress?

If a championship is the goal, either Paul or Al works off the bench, otherwise a change in direction is needed.

Not sure how you missed this, but Millsap will not extend with a team. His extension can only be percentage raises from his existing salary, and he's been underpaid by at least $2 million per year for the previous two seasons.

Yeah I meant to say resigns, but the principle remains the same - he probably wouldn't want to come off the bench in LA as that "less athletic hustle guy" who spells Blake.

Al right bro, i hope sirkicky does not sue me or try to take my pants off.
1. J smith
2. UR Gay
3. AL
4. D Granger
5. Gortat
6. Bargs
7. B Jennings
8. Bledsoe
9. Cousins
10. Rondo.

You should be fine. Rocye Webb from ESPN even tweeted the list with a link to the Insider article.

Millsap will not extend with a team he doesn't start on, or at least all indications appear that way. That would be the main hangup in a LAC deal.

Sometimes players are willing to compromise if they feel they have a legitimate chance at a championship on said team.

Sometimes players are willing to compromise if they feel they have a legitimate chance at a championship on said team.

That's true, but I think Millsap will go for what will likely be the biggest contract he'll get and then be willing to compromise at the end of that contract provided he hasn't won a championship by then.

I would love to get Bledsoe....

If we trade them Pual, we would have to take back Odom to get Bledsoe to make money work!

If we could convince them to take our picks and Watson for Bledsoe that would be awesome!!

Think about this more immediately. If the Clips had Millsap in there instead of ****ing Turiaf, then they'd seriously be real contenders. When an org has the opportunity that get that extra oomph, then the good ones take it and worry about the long-term later. They're going to lose Bledsoe anyway, so if they can use him to get over the top, then they should seriously consider it.

(yes, I know Turiaf plays C. They'd put Odom at C and Millsap at 4. They've shown willingness to go small this year. And, they know the Heat will go small.)

If we trade them Pual, we would have to take back Odom to get Bledsoe to make money work!

If we could convince them to take our picks and Watson for Bledsoe that would be awesome!!

Yes, but the deal could be made with the understanding that Odom will be bought out and return to the Clips.

i am just not high on bledsoe. i feel like he would play basically the same role burks would play with more playing time. i dont feel he is a need. if we are going for a PG we need one that can pass the ball and likes to pass it. i think bledsoe is just burks with more playing time and less productive jump shot.

plus in the last 5 games he has only posted 1 3 pointer. your pg needs to be able to shoot, thats one reasomn we struggle now. ours really cant they arent a threat so they just have to gaurd the drive. idk though maybe yall see something i dont.

His defense is stellar exactly what you need in this Western conference with dominate PGs!!

His defense is stellar exactly what you need in this Western conference with dominate PGs!!

but outside the paint his FG% plumits... he only offers 2.7 APG even when paul is out with an enflamed knee and he is responsible for being the soul pg he hasnt broken 6 in a game, and that clippers teams is built for pick an role and lobs. i just dont feel he is a jazz style player. if he was a SG then id a agreee, but i think he is just a smaller burks with a poor shot.

Yes, but the deal could be made with the understanding that Odom will be bought out and return to the Clips.
Correct me please if wrong. But I thought this could no longer be done. It was the reason Fisher signed somewhere besides LA when he was traded last year. Or at least that is what I thought.

I maintain my conviction that LAC would love Millsap. If they are willing to part with Bledsoe, then that is a deal I hope we pursue with some seriousness.

Go **** yourself. Millsap is redundant with Griff anyway. Jefferson gives them a big shakeup on offense (with DeAndre covering his ****** blah bla). It's a stretch but I'm willing to take on Odom's contract to make this happen. Tough eat on Odom but I think I could stomach it if we overpaid with two second rounders to convince them it's a good move.

Hey, does anyone think Bledsoe is quite possibly the next Jazzfanz loves him so he fails miserably a la Collison, or is he the real deal as a starter?

Hey++, who wants to start an Official Countdown to Al's Hallowed Eve thread? Dude has regressed like a Stephen Hawking injected with prions daily.

The Clips are not trading Bledsoe until Paul (Chris) is inked. Hayward for Bledsoe might interest them (in some configuration), but only in the offseason.

The Clips are not trading Bledsoe until Paul (Chris) is inked. Hayward for Bledsoe might interest them (in some configuration), but only in the offseason.

The former (trade) has nothing to do with the latter (inked). Paul ain't got time for goin nowhere. Paul for Bledsoe works the second they see it helping their championship run this year. I'd be surprised if it hasn't been offered already, actually. If Billups was healthy then it would be on the table, open ended.