What's new

Al third most likely player traded before deadline

The former (trade) has nothing to do with the latter (inked). Paul ain't got time for goin nowhere. Paul for Bledsoe works the second they see it helping their championship run this year. I'd be surprised if it hasn't been offered already, actually. If Billups was healthy then it would be on the table, open ended.

No way would the Clips do Paul for Bledsoe. Bledsoe is their insurance policy against CP3 leaving, and he's worth a ton more to them than a player who is expiring like Sap.

Too bad that doesn't interest me at all.

In the offseason? A straight swap of Hayward and Bledsoe is a dream. The problem is the Clips would want a little extra juice -- maybe the GS 1st (in the late teens/20's). But if Hayward keeps up his play then a straight swap could become more realistic and that would be a great deal.

According to ESPN insider- Would love to share, but these mods on my ****. Nothing really compelling though. Just said word around the league is that the Jazz really like Paul and Al is the odd man out. They also said that Bledsoe is likely traded at the dealine regardless of what we hear. I think he was 7th. Love to work that one out.

bledsoe for jefferson would be epic(would have to be a 3 way deal though)

Millsap could have been extended much more cheaply than Jefferson. Jefferson would be a bargain at Millsap's salary, and Millsap far overpaid at Jefferson's.

how can that be millsap is a better player.
give millsap jeffersucks 15 sdhots per game and he will out preform jefferson

No way would the Clips do Paul for Bledsoe. Bledsoe is their insurance policy against CP3 leaving,

I wouldn't worry one bit about Paul leaving.

and he's worth a ton more to them than a player who is expiring like Sap.

Arguably. Sap is 10x the player is subbing in for Griffin. They already have Crawford to spark the 2nd. Sap fits in with that perfectly if Billups can play Bledsoe's minutes.

If you see this as a championship push then you do it without batting an eye. If you have doubts then you stay with Bledsoe's option to match and wait another year. As well as Clips are playing, I'd consider a move that cements a WCF game.

In the offseason? A straight swap of Hayward and Bledsoe is a dream. The problem is the Clips would want a little extra juice -- maybe the GS 1st (in the late teens/20's). But if Hayward keeps up his play then a straight swap could become more realistic and that would be a great deal.

Again, I wouldn't do that. I may be in the minority on this but no thanks.

I wouldn't worry one bit about Paul leaving.

Arguably. Sap is 10x the player is subbing in for Griffin. They already have Crawford to spark the 2nd. Sap fits in with that perfectly if Billups can play Bledsoe's minutes.

If you see this as a championship push then you do it without batting an eye. If you have doubts then you stay with Bledsoe's option to match and wait another year. As well as Clips are playing, I'd consider a move that cements a WCF game.

No way the Clips aren't worried about Paul leaving. Regardless, Bledsoe's value is much higher than renting Sap. And relative to the championship drive, it's just too foolish since Sap could leave when they would have had Bledsoe for another year.

Again, I wouldn't do that. I may be in the minority on this but no thanks.

By no means am I suggesting that trading Hayward for Bledsoe is a fleecing. Hayward is the better player right now (arguably), and Bledsoe hasn't proven himself as a starter (definitely). At present, Bledsoe's potential tops Hayward's, but even that is up for debate. But in the offseason, the Clips couldn't deny that trading their RFA for our RFA helps them. They get a replacement for Butler, we get the PG we need, and both teams are in the driver's seat to resign those players. It's a pretty balanced need for need trade.

No way the Clips aren't worried about Paul leaving. Regardless, Bledsoe's value is much higher than renting Sap. And relative to the championship drive, it's just too foolish since Sap could leave when they would have had Bledsoe for another year.

Where is Paul going to go though? Dallas? Some coup with Dwight (that they have worked on and were unable to come up with a viable solution under much, much more comfortable scenarios...hello Paul, Orlando would have been sick with you there...).

Paul is staying, I bet my (un)reputation on it.

On Bledsoe, I haven't seen enough of him to know either way. He's flashy for sure but I have no way of guessing at his value, which is why I inquired the board's opinion. I thought his contract was up, but seeing it is not it definitely has a ton of value.

Did anyone else hear the ESPN guy interviewed on 1280 this evening. He said the Gentry firing probably means that Dragic is going to be traded.

Do the jazz have any interest in him at 7 million a year?

I think the question Clippers should be asking themeselves is, which player would more likely help convince Chris Paul to stay, Bledsoe or Millsap. I don't think you want your message to be to Chris Paul that you are more worried about keeping his backup around just in case he leaves you will have a back up plan, instead of trying to improve the teams chances of winning a championship. Millsap can help the team more because he can play more minutes than Bledsoe. Filling the back up point guard is much easier to fill than the third big.

The Clips are right on the heels of locking up the most important player they have maybe ever had. They absolutely can't screw around. They need to do whatever they need to do to convince Chris that they are in it to win it and not trying to play it safe.

Im not liking the argument that Clippers want to keep Bledsoe so they can have an insurance policy. If you want to argue Bledsoe makes them better than Millsap or some other player, then that is a different story. Or that maybe they shouldnt mess with it because they are rolling right now.

i am just not high on bledsoe. i feel like he would play basically the same role burks would play with more playing time. i dont feel he is a need. if we are going for a PG we need one that can pass the ball and likes to pass it. i think bledsoe is just burks with more playing time and less productive jump shot.

VERY poor comparison. I would love to have Bledsoe, but I'm not even addressing whether I think it would be a good move for the Jazz .. just saying your comp is terrible.

Where is Paul going to go though? Dallas? Some coup with Dwight (that they have worked on and were unable to come up with a viable solution under much, much more comfortable scenarios...hello Paul, Orlando would have been sick with you there...).

Paul is staying, I bet my (un)reputation on it.

On Bledsoe, I haven't seen enough of him to know either way. He's flashy for sure but I have no way of guessing at his value, which is why I inquired the board's opinion. I thought his contract was up, but seeing it is not it definitely has a ton of value.

Just to set the record straight: Bledsoe was in the same draft as Hayward. They will both be RFA's after next season, not this offseason.

Chris Paul: He is a UFA after this season and yes, the Clips can offer him the most money. But he refused an extension this offseason after they had locked up Griffin. While he will likely sign back up, there is no way the Clips are so assured he will that they will give up Bledsoe before it happens. And they would be foolish to do so until they have him inked.

Bledsoe: At this point, the hype has gotten so enormous that everyone assumes it must just be hype. He definitely has his flaws, and he still shows inconsistency game to game. But there was a good article earlier this year by Beckley Mason that pointed out his development in the PnR, and I would say the signs are clear that he just needs to have the chains taken off to flourish. Not as sure a thing as Harden by any means, but a definite star in the making.

How about this:

Rondo/Collins/Barbosa for Kanter/Burks/Watson

Maybe swap 1st rd picks as well.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aopqqdn

This gives Utah:

Rondo - Mo - Tinsley
Foye - Hayward - Barbosa - Murphy
Williams - Carroll
Paul - Evans
Al - Favors - Collins

Let Al walk and then we have this for next year

Rondo - (Jack/Gibson)
Hayward (Reddick)
Williams - Carroll
Paul - [Josh Smith (make Smith the starter with Millsap off the bench)/Pekovic]
Favors

and room for a max player.

Am I crazy? Rondo is an All-Star, would be GREAT with Hayward, Josh Smith (yeah, I know it's a long shot), and Favors. Would those three (hopefully four with Smith) be enough to contend? I think so. We would definitely be the best defensive team out there. Would be a quick, athletic offensive team. Perfect for the flex.

You could run Rondo, Reddick/Foye/Gibson, Hayward, Smith, Favors. Above average defensively at ever position except SG, good outside shooting, good passing, etc.

How crazy am I?

I think the question Clippers should be asking themeselves is, which player would more likely help convince Chris Paul to stay, Bledsoe or Millsap. I don't think you want your message to be to Chris Paul that you are more worried about keeping his backup around just in case he leaves you will have a back up plan, instead of trying to improve the teams chances of winning a championship. Millsap can help the team more because he can play more minutes than Bledsoe. Filling the back up point guard is much easier to fill than the third big.

The Clips are right on the heels of locking up the most important player they have maybe ever had. They absolutely can't screw around. They need to do whatever they need to do to convince Chris that they are in it to win it and not trying to play it safe.

Im not liking the argument that Clippers want to keep Bledsoe so they can have an insurance policy. If you want to argue Bledsoe makes them better than Millsap or some other player, then that is a different story. Or that maybe they shouldnt mess with it because they are rolling right now.

What would entice CP3 to stay more? Trading Bledsoe for Sap when Sap is unlikely to resign (Griffin and Jordan assure that he will be the 3rd big). Or waiting until the offseason when they can trade Bledsoe for a piece they really need longterm? They can even tell Paul they'll be trading Bledsoe for that piece to entice him to resign.

Trading for Bledsoe may not be the best move, but our choices might not be all that great and I think taking a shot is better than not. It may end up being a great move.

Like Zulu was saying, at least Bledsoe can play D. That can really come in handy in a very good point guard league. He isn't the greatest shooter right now, but that can improve and already does so many other things well right now, namely defense. He isn't a high assist guy but can score the ball really well driving to the hoop. We could use some of that. How many guys do we have that can get to the bucket pretty easily. He is also an excellent rebounder.

I don't think we have to do it a certain way. We can be built differently and still win. We just have to be good at what we do. We could be a strong defensive team with Bledsoe. And with Bledsoe not being a distributor type point guard, that's what we have Hayward for. I love the idea of being really athletic and great at defense.

Bledsoe isn't a gurantee, but he's worth a shot instead of trying on another re-tread vet, or picking another late first rounder, and just spinning our wheels. We have assets, lets use them for something with some hope attached to it.

Trading for Bledsoe may not be the best move, but our choices might not be all that great and I think taking a shot is better than not. It may end up being a great move.

Like Zulu was saying, at least Bledsoe can play D. That can really come in handy in a very good point guard league. He isn't the greatest shooter right now, but that can improve and already does so many other things well right now, namely defense. He isn't a high assist guy but can score the ball really well driving to the hoop. We could use some of that. How many guys do we have that can get to the bucket pretty easily. He is also an excellent rebounder.

I don't think we have to do it a certain way. We can be built differently and still win. We just have to be good at what we do. We could be a strong defensive team with Bledsoe. And with Bledsoe not being a distributor type point guard, that's what we have Hayward for. I love the idea of being really athletic and great at defense.

Bledsoe isn't a gurantee, but he's worth a shot instead of trying on another re-tread vet, or picking another late first rounder, and just spinning our wheels. We have assets, lets use them for something with some hope attached to it.

Is there anyone who doesn't think acquiring Bledsoe is not a great idea? If the cost was only Sap, it would be a no brainer. If the cost was Sap + the GS 1st AND our 1st , it would also be a no brainer. But he won't be dealt until the offseason, and it will cost a lot. If everyone wants to get their hopes too high, Burks + both our firsts might work, but LA will probably get a better offer than that.