What's new

Alec Burks: Redemption

This is something I have been thinking all season, but didn't want to bring it up while he was underperforming, because it might just sound like I'm reaching for positives. But, I'm sure an abnormally high number of Burks' missed shots turn into offensive rebounds, has anyone else noticed that? And is there any way to look this up?

This is something I have been thinking all season, but didn't want to bring it up while he was underperforming, because it might just sound like I'm reaching for positives. But, I'm sure an abnormally high number of Burks' missed shots turn into offensive rebounds, has anyone else noticed that? And is there any way to look this up?

Anyone who drives and draws the bigs will setup their bigs for great offensive rebounding opportunities. So even though some of those Houdini shots don’t end well for AB putting pressure on the rim has value.

Burks may be the last chip to fall. Unless its for overs I cant see DL moving Burks until we know whats happening with Hood and Exum. Dude can and always has been able to straight up ball and is great insurance.

DM/Exum
Hood/Burks

A pretty awesome backcourt for $40Mil... with all of those guys capable of sliding to the 3.

Do you think Burks has asspirations to become a starter, #1/#2 option on a team?? Im sure he does, guess it all depends on the next 18months for him.

Burks is about as reliable as Hood.
He wasnt bad last night.
17 points. 50% from the field. 40% from three.
3 assists, 2 steals in 27 minutes.
Only a minus 1 for the game (better than jerebko, rubio, mitchell, favors, and ingles)

He wasnt bad last night.
17 points. 50% from the field. 40% from three.
3 assists, 2 steals in 27 minutes.
Only a minus 1 for the game (better than jerebko, rubio, mitchell, favors, and ingles)

Seemed like garbage time stats though. He didn'the seem to make a difference to me at least.

Seemed like garbage time stats though. He didn'the seem to make a difference to me at least.
Pretty accurate. Either way, those are the stats for the game which aint bad (did have 3 turnovers though, which was bad) on a night when really pretty much the whole team was off.

Burks is about as reliable as Hood.
Also, interestingly they are pretty damn close statistically to each other. And both are pretty good statistically.
(all stats per 36 to make it a fair comp)
Field goal percentage: Burks 43.7% Hood 41.9%
Three point percentage: Burks 40.3% Hood 40.2%
Free throw percentage: Burks 89.5% (on 4.2 attempts per game) Hood 92% (on 3.5 attempts per game)
Rebounds: Burks 5.5 Hood 3.3
Assists: Burks 2.2 Hood 2.3
Steals: Burks 1.8 Hood 0.9
Turnovers: Burks 1.8 Hood 2.5
Burks is 26 years old making 10 million dollars
Hood is 25 years old making 1.4 million dollars
Burks is under contract for one more year.
Hood is a free agent next year.

Hard to say who has more potential (imo) still untapped. Hard to say who is more injury prone.
Then you throw X into the mix. How healthy can he be? How much potential does he have and how good will he be? How much is he going to get in free agency?
DL and jazz management have some tough decisions to make about these 3 players and who to keep/trade/let go/give minutes to.

Are any of the 3 the answer in the rotation for big minutes at the wing position? I don't think anyone knows. Will be very interesting to see.

Pretty accurate. Either way, those are the stats for the game which aint bad (did have 3 turnovers though, which was bad) on a night when really pretty much the whole team was off.

He didn't make a jumper until garbage time, but I don't think the stats are meaningless because last night there was so much garbage time. He seems to work well with DM.

We seem to all go in shooting funks together. I really think that we could compete with that team if Gobert is 100% and we have Hood. DM clearly had some nerves in the 1st Q (when his shot is long he's a little too amped up) and the two big + Rubio lineup started and left us in a hole that is tough to climb out of.

Anderson is also red hot right now so that did not help.

Those are the stats, tho. Lol

Burks line tonight:
27 minutes, 8-13 from the field (2-4 from 3) for 20 points. 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 turnover. +1 in plus minus.

I think we should try to start burks at 2.

Mitchell - burks - ingles - favors - gobert.

We should try this out.

I think we should try to start burks at 2.

Mitchell - burks - ingles - favors - gobert.

We should try this out.
The problem is that bench would sink the games. Someone in the second unit needs to generate points and pressure.

The problem is that bench would sink the games. Someone in the second unit needs to generate points and pressure.
Might be more feasible once Hood is back.

Second unit becomes: Rubio, Hood, Sefalosha, Jerebko/JJ, Favors (having rotated out early to back up Gobert). Then you have the likes of O'Neale, Neto, and Udoh to swap in as needed.