What's new

Alec Burks: Redemption

I like how ‘Houdini’ has become a word to describe the bad side of Burks. And I like how it allows us to blame Bolerhack.

We also don’t have to hear the phrase mini-dini. Used to drive me crazy.

Seriously happy for the dude... that interview he did before the game was great.

We also don’t have to hear the phrase mini-dini. Used to drive me crazy.

Seriously happy for the dude... that interview he did before the game was great.
Holy ****, I had totally psychically blocked ‘mini-dini’ from my awareness. What a **** call.

Quin spoke about Burks in his post-game interview after the NO game. Said Burks "turned the corner" a couple of months ago and is now being rewarded for all the effort he has put in.

Certainly it's looking like pairing Mitchell with either Burks (or Hood) may be lethal. Rubio was on the bench during crunch time. Sign of things to come?

Quin spoke about Burks in his post-game interview after the NO game. Said Burks "turned the corner" a couple of months ago and is now being rewarded for all the effort he has put in.

Certainly it's looking like pairing Mitchell with either Burks (or Hood) may be lethal. Rubio was on the bench during crunch time. Sign of things to come?
Either he turns his own corner, or he sits more. Either way, that's fine.

He's always been a good player. Thank you very much

No, he hasn't. There was a time where he was a liability on the court. His tendency to drive wildly at the rim and end up on his back under their hoop on a missed shot put his team mates in 4 on 5 situations. This happened multiple times a game. He didn't play within the offense either. Maybe the potential was there but he wasn't "always" a good player.

Locke had an interesting article last week saying that the coaches had worked with him to get a wider base driving into the lane to get more stability and to stay more in control and if so that seems to have worked.

It has been 5 good games in a row, with a couple explosions in there... I am a believer. The games where he goes 3-5 in 22 minutes are honestly more encouraging than the games he gets 20+. Always known that he could have good scoring nights and go off... It's the nights he's contributed and kept things under control that are new.

His defense has improved... still ball watches and gets buried on screens, but on ball has done some nice things and has done well jumping passing lanes.

I would not trade him... this is real improvement.

Really loving Alec's play right now. I'm so glad he's back. I dare say all that time on the bench, watching the offense and listening to the coaches coach the game has played a role in the changes. Hope he stays the player he's been recently.

I knew it was a matter of time with Burks. I'm happy he returned to be the player he was in his first seasons.

I’m going to go ahead and call for a starting lineup change.

Gobert/Favors/Ingles/Burks/Mitchell.

Send Rubio to the bench to play with Hood and Sefolosha from the bench.

I’m going to go ahead and call for a starting lineup change.

Gobert/Favors/Ingles/Burks/Mitchell.

Send Rubio to the bench to play with Hood and Sefolosha from the bench.

Don’t mess with it while it’s working...

AB is Killing it right now. Win tomorrow is massive... guys should be fresh. I liked the way they did the rotation tonight. I guess this Quin guy has kind of got things under control.