What's new

Alex Jones and Social Media Censorship

I have zero problem with antifa’s label. It’s beyond idiotic that the other orgs named here aren’t labeled that way.
My issue with Antifa being labeled a terror organization is there are many (most) groups with no affiliation to the violent **** heads that take the name. Find those branches that do engage in that behavior and give them the designation, but labeling all groups bearing the name isn't a good idea, at all.

My issue with Antifa being labeled a terror organization is there are many (most) groups with no affiliation to the violent **** heads that take the name. Find those branches that do engage in that behavior and give them the designation, but labeling all groups bearing the name isn't a good idea, at all.

Then they shouldn’t use a name associated with a terror group.

I get your point but they should have more care for the company they choose to keep.

Then they shouldn’t use a name associated with a terror group.

I get your point but they should have more care for the company they choose to keep.
Well, the Antifa name goes back a long time, and weren't created as a terror group. That would be like saying all Mormons need to take care for the company they keep because of Warren Jeffs.

White House drafting an executive order to deal with social media's alleged anti-conservative bias.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/white-house-tech-censorship-1639051

The White House is circulating drafts of a proposed executive order that would address allegations of anti-conservative bias by social media companies, according to a White House official and two other people familiar with the matter — a month after President Donald Trump pledged to explore "all regulatory and legislative solutions" on the issue.

None of the three would describe the contents of the order, which one person cautioned has already taken many different forms and remains in flux. But its existence, and the deliberations surrounding it, are evidence that the administration is taking a serious look at wielding the federal government’s power against Silicon Valley.

I’m so tired of libtard columnists trying to get conservative professors fired for their criticisms. I’m so tired of free speech being trampled!

This whole ordeal is so bizzarre. Stephens even went on TV to whine about it.

And proceeded to lie about it. He claimed on tv that he wasn’t trying to get the guy fired. Riiiiiiiiightttt. Eye roll

It just goes to show the bad faith arguments when one side claims that their free speech rights are being trampled. These guys don’t care about free speech.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...y-theorist-charged-dwi-police-say/5014376002/

34ff6a95-17ce-4d41-bb93-cee67ce590fe-AP20070726423071.jpg

AUSTIN, Texas – Austin-based conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was booked into the Travis County Jail on a charge of driving while intoxicated just after midnight Tuesday, the Travis County sheriff’s office said.

Jones, 46, was booked at 12:37 a.m., said Kristen Dark, spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office. The driving while intoxicated charge is a class B misdemeanor, she said.