What's new

All of you who negative repped me for hating on KOC

I have never negged anyone before, and im still not gonna, but damn if my finger wasn't on the trigger.

I love the young talent on this team that KOC has aquired. I blame ty for not playing them more. I think KOC got foye expecting him to be a back up player with spot minutes but corbin screwed that up.

This.

So you all hate the coach and come up with different trade ideas everyday that never materialize, but you love the job the General manager has done with the team?

Fantastic!! You are all ****ing retarded.

I got news for you guys. KOC does have a say who plays. They have group meetings and talk about all this stuff. I have heard it from Randy Rigby himself in a few different interviews. I heard Gordon Monson specifically ask Randy Rigby about Derrick Favors playing time. He said himself, and I quote, "we talk about these sorta of things all the time, and we feel that the young guys need to earn their playing time"

So regardless of how you feel or what you think, their is actual pressure on Corbin to go with the veteran group. Not just because of the sense that they have to earn their minutes, but because there is a lot of pressure on Corbin to win now, to make money, and protect the brand of making the playoffs consistently.

Like Frank said, all your comments are pretty embarrassing. It shows your lack of understanding the relationship between Jazz management and Jazz coaching. It also shows just how short your memory and attention span is. This is nothing new to the Jazz way. We have never given the keys to a bunch of young guys and said its all yours now. Jazz would not make the playoffs. And that wouldnt sit well with management and ownership.

Is Corbin making mistakes as a coach? Yes. But he isnt doing anything the management doesnt want him to do. You cant separate the two. Do you really think that management is looking at this and thinking the same things as you? That Corbin is a bad coach, and our veterans are terrible players? Why the hell would they just sit there and let it go on if they weren't on the same page as Corbin? You do know that Corbin doesnt hire and fire himself right? They could fire him anytime they want, and they could move one of these guys anytime they want to. Any team in the league would gladly take any one of our starters off our hands. They are all pretty good players on very nice and short contracts, with the exception of Marvin. He would probably be the hardest to move, and still he would probably be pretty easy to move.

You all are just burying your heads in the sand, pretending that management doesnt have anything to do with the team that is presented to you. They everything to do with the team you see..

This thanks for living in reality

Why can't it be both?

I blame KOC for keeping the Jefferson/Millsap logjam. Is he emotionally tied to them? There just isn't any reason why both these guys should be on the roster! Otherwise, he has done a great job of bringing in talent. Marvin Williams? Mo Williams? The draft picks? Turning Angry Angry Duron into Favors, Kanter, and Burks? Awesome. He just... Really needed to get rid of Big Al... We still... Need to clear up this logjam at the 4/5.

I blame Ty Corbin for a lot of things. The sad truth is, he has been given time to adjust, coach, and develop... He hasn't. From his strategies (our offense and defense look like dump) to his rotations (which make no sense). He has to go.

While the Jazz FO needs to be blamed for their (lack) of dealing with the 4/5. Their hesitation in making a move is wasting valuable PT for the young players. Ty Corbin needs to be fired for just plain sucking.

No it can't all be on Corbin. Pretty discouraging if it goes all the way to the top. But wouldn't there be some degree of management saying, "you're the coach, you handle rotations, etc."? I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around, but I do remember them making a big deal of supporting the coach from the top down when Jerry left. They talked about coach being #1 in coach vs player situations, but made no secret about management always supporting the coach, period. Does that come into play here? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings.

why cant we blame KOC and TyCo? i blame both!

true. there is blame to go around, but mostly on Ty.

He has to wake up, and focus on the future. This win now thing is a joke, when we are winning nothing.
Win now means and extra game or two in the playoffs if we even make them?

We all want the young guns, and the future. **** the old guard.
If Corbin can continue what happened in the Orlando then maybe there is slight hope for him.

I think KOC got foye expecting him to be a back up player with spot minutes but corbin screwed that up.

After watching Corbin mindlessly give minutes to Bell, Howard, and to a lesser extent Miles, then I'd absolutely fault management in not being able to pick up on that.

I dont understand the Corbin hate at all. If Mo and Al and Sap are your best veterans then you are not going to be much above a 6-8 seed.

And its also funny that some people argue here that KOC has given Corbin all that talent and Corbin does not use them well. You mean talent like Al and Sap? Because they are making a lot of money and no coach will bench them or play them only 20+ mins. If you think they arent that good then the blame should be on KOC, not Corbin, for still having them. You cannot argue both ways, make up your mind.

And Burks isnt exactly the next Dwayne Wade. So lets stop pretending that we have some potential superstars rotting on the bench while the vets are stealing minutes.It is tough enough trying to develop 4 lotto picks at the same time. Jazz have not been in that position before with Sloan, atleast in the last 10-12 yrs when Corbin was an assitant. There is a learning curve there for Corbin trying to balance winning with development. Hayward and Favors are already seeing consistent mins and Kanter has seen more action this year. Burks will have to earn his.

I dont understand the Corbin hate at all. If Mo and Al and Sap are your best veterans then you are not going to be much above a 6-8 seed.

This is precisely everyone's argument, which is why people are disappointed that we're settling for it by not giving many minutes to the two guys we traded our franchise player for two years ago.

And its also funny that some people argue here that KOC has given Corbin all that talent and Corbin does not use them well.

I don't know who's making that argument. I know I'm not.

the blame should be on KOC, not Corbin, for still having them. You cannot argue both ways, make up your mind.

I can't speak for everyone, but I view it as a problem from top to bottom. This isn't Larry Miller's Utah Jazz.

And Burks isnt exactly the next Dwayne Wade. So lets stop pretending that we have some potential superstars rotting on the bench while the vets are stealing minutes.

I believe the Burks hype is inflated. Despite this, nobody is making any argument close to this. I'm actually in the "he's a bust" camp, but I'm also firmly in the "need to evaluate what we have" camp. This isn't the Stockton and Malone era where we need to be cautious on how we introduce players because we don't want to mess up what we have going on and can afford to make mistakes with young guys. This is rebuilding, despite whatever spin we put on it. Development aside, we need quicker evaluations of our young guys to determine what direction to take. If our team already had a direction, then evaluating these players would be an appropriate secondary concern. With the absence of any direction, there's no excuse for this not being the primary concern.

I believe the Burks hype is inflated. Despite this, nobody is making any argument close to this. I'm actually in the "he's a bust" camp, but I'm also firmly in the "need to evaluate what we have" camp. This isn't the Stockton and Malone era where we need to be cautious on how we introduce players because we don't want to mess up what we have going on and can afford to make mistakes with young guys. This is rebuilding, despite whatever spin we put on it. Development aside, we need quicker evaluations of our young guys to determine what direction to take. If our team already had a direction, then evaluating these players would be an appropriate secondary concern. With the absence of any direction, there's no excuse for this not being the primary concern.

I didnt address you or anyone in particular in my earlier comments.
As for "evaluating what we have" I believe Corbin is already doing that to a decent extent.Or atleast as much as the expectations the management has for him can allow him to do.
He can play Burks 30+ mins, while pissing off a few veterans and losing 3-5 more games and risk not making the playoffs, provided Greg Miller has his back. If that is'nt the case, why should he play these guys even more, unless they are really outplaying the vets by a sizeable margin to earn more minutes? Corbin cant take that chance, he is'nt Sloan. And even Sloan was'nt backed enough by the management before his resignation.

I would actually put the Jazz personell evaluation and scouting department on the dock here, if they had 4 chances at lotto picks and not even 1 out of 4 turns out to be an all-star leave alone a superstar. I give 1 more year for re-evaluation. Already it looks Hayward might not be it. He might be a decent role player at best.(hope Iam wrong) Jury is still out on Kanter, Favors and Burks.Big guys take some time to develop so Iam willing to wait.Burks can go either way. A lot of all stars or superstars tend to make a sizeable leap in their sophomore years. Havent seen that kind of a leap from anyone yet. Either these guys are late bloomers or they are close to busts(in the sense they are good players but not great) in which case blame cannot be on Corbin alone.

Corbin is the guy playing Sap, and Big Al together which is the worst of his mistakes.
Not finding room for Burks,after saying he deserved to play. That is him basically going on record saying he can't do his job.

Not using enough defensive subs at critical times.

I'm not saying that Corbin hasn't made some good moves, because he has. Overall though I think he's made too many mistakes.
We can only hope that last night letting Burks play, and a few games ago where he stayed with Favors (and benched Sap) is the future.

He can play Burks 30+ mins, while pissing off a few veterans and losing 3-5 more games and risk not making the playoffs, provided Greg Miller has his back. If that is'nt the case, why should he play these guys even more, unless they are really outplaying the vets by a sizeable margin to earn more minutes?

This is a false dichotomy. We're not talking about 30+ minutes. We're not talking about 20 minutes. We're not even talking about 15 minutes. In >50% of the games we've played Burks hasn't even touched the floor. In the games he has, it's <10 minutes. Picking up some minutes here and there (sorry, averaging <10 minutes in <50% of games doesn't count) won't change the outcome of any games, let alone our season. If playing Foye any less than he is now really swings our team so significantly out of balance that we risk the playoffs then I'd lean less toward others having an inflated view of Burks and more toward some having an inflated view of Foye. Besides, the entire argument was that we'd grasp so hard at that 7-8 seed that we'd justify 9.6 mpg in 14 games as 'appropriate development,' of which your comments clearly demonstrate that opinion.

And for the record, our problems between management and Corbin aren't mutually exclusive, they're multi-factorial. It's a top-to-bottom problem.

Corbin cant take that chance, he is'nt Sloan. And even Sloan was'nt backed enough by the management before his resignation.
As I said, this isn't Larry Miller's Utah Jazz. I don't see that while fiasco unraveling on Larry's watch. But that's neither here nor there.

Lol neg repped.

I have no problem being patient with Kevin O'Conner. It's not his fault that Corbin keeps playing a cold chucker in Jefferson instead of better players off the bench.

I disagree with your premise. Are you sure it isn't partly his fault?

Corbin is the guy playing Sap, and Big Al together which is the worst of his mistakes.
Not finding room for Burks,after saying he deserved to play. That is him basically going on record saying he can't do his job.

Not using enough defensive subs at critical times.

I'm not saying that Corbin hasn't made some good moves, because he has. Overall though I think he's made too many mistakes.
We can only hope that last night letting Burks play, and a few games ago where he stayed with Favors (and benched Sap) is the future.

Burks isnt exactly what Kobe Bryant was in his sophomore year. And even Kobe made a lot of mistakes in his sophomore year. Burks can be a mixed bag. I think the tendency is to go with the vets a bit more to help win games. Foye has hit a timely 3-pt shot here or there in close games and has been the best 3-point shooter for us, which was touted to be Jazz's biggest need this offseason. Plus Hayward is playing well and he deserves increased mins for his development too.
You can only develop so many young players at the same time. Corbin has a tough job at hand.

Even Sloan, whom I like a lot and have defended a lot on this board, had never been in this position where he had to develop not one not two but FOUR top 10 lotto picks at the same time, while also trying to win games. Something to be remembered.

The fact that Corbin alteast acknowledges that it has been difficult for him to get mins for Burks shows that the coaching staff have probably thrashed that topic out more than you guys here on this board and that they have their own valid basketball reasons for playing him as much as they are doing now.
Unless Corbin specifically lists those reasons to the press, you cannot pass judgement on his decisions to not play Burks a whole lot.