What's new

All Time Leaders in the Major Stat Categories

Jazz Punk Rocker

Contributor
I was bored at work and was researching this...the Jazz are the only team in the NBA to have a top 6 player in every major stat category (if Malone grabbed more rebounds I wouldn't have to use that weird number).

Stockton- all time leader in Assists and Steals
Malone- 2nd all time in Points, 6th all time in Rebounds
Eaton- 4th all time in Blocks

The closest team to matching that is the Lakers (Kareem owned half those categories) but they don't have a single player in the top 10 all time in steals.

I think it's pretty impressive to have that...although 16 championships is probably more impressive.

I was bored at work and was researching this...the Jazz are the only team in the NBA to have a top 6 player in every major stat category (if Malone grabbed more rebounds I wouldn't have to use that weird number).

Stockton- all time leader in Assists and Steals
Malone- 2nd all time in Points, 6th all time in Rebounds
Eaton- 4th all time in Blocks

The closest team to matching that is the Lakers (Kareem owned half those categories) but they don't have a single player in the top 10 all time in steals.

I think it's pretty impressive to have that...although 16 championships is probably more impressive.

No. It's all about individual accomplishments.

And Stockton's records are about as untouchable as they get. If there is a player that ever makes a run at that assist record it will be an amazing thing to watch. I don't think any current NBA player has a shot. I'd like to think if there was a player that was on par with Stockton as far as assists are concerned that I'd like him. Hard to imagine some LeBron-esque douchbag racking up massive assist totals year after year after year.