All-Time NBA Draft Round One--HottKinkkkk vs. addicitionary

Who wins, addictionary or HottKinkkk?

• addictionary

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • HottKinkkk

Votes: 28 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
going with hotttnickkk. hotttnickkk with a great balanced team, with 2 lethal clutch shooters, great front court, and great PG play. clap, clap, clap. and of course a sick defense.

DJ/reggie/pippen/timmy/mutombo = lethal defensive unit. this is a total nastiness. talk about defensive swagger. DJ is basically a glove like. reggie will annoy dr. J. pippen will stick to bron like glue. and if you get past these guys, timmy & finger wagging mutombo awaits.

man, addictionary got a bad bad draw. ouch.

Anyone who thinks Cousy and Dr. J couldn't hit the long ball just plain never watched basketball during those eras. They can shoot lights out, especially at mid-range. The thought of Cousy, J, LBJ and Kemp coming at you full steam would be devastating for an opposing team. That is a great combo especially for chemistry. Sabonis could hold his own, which is all he would need to do, and he added nearly Memo-like ability to hit a long-mid-range shot that would open up the middle. Just too much there to handle imo. When you have 3 guys starting who can explode for 40+ at any moment, and who also play defense on top of that at least at a mid-high level that is just too strong. Addictionary wins this one in a 7 game series, 4-2.

Dr. J shoots 29.8% from 3 point line, good but not great.

Cousy never shot the 3 ball because there was no 3point line when Cousy played. His FG percentage even without the 3pt line is 37.5% which is by no mean "lights out".

When the game slows down in a 7 game series you do need 3pt shooters to give you spacing in the half court for your bigs to operate inside. Without that 3pt shooting I can pack the paint with Mutumbo, Duncan, Dwight and Chandler, and the "dunkers" just won't be able to penetrate.

Cousy never shot the 3 ball because there was no 3point line when Cousy played. His FG percentage even without the 3pt line is 37.5% which is by no mean "lights out".

When the game slows down in a 7 game series you do need 3pt shooters to give you spacing in the half court for your bigs to operate inside. Without that 3pt shooting I can pack the paint with Mutumbo, Duncan, Dwight and Chandler, and the "dunkers" just won't be able to penetrate.

I'd say that's pretty damn lousy.

I'd say that's pretty damn lousy.

when he was allowed to shoot, he shot 33%. he basically didn't even shoot much in his final 7-8 seasons. 3s weren't part of the game. he won't even attempt shooting 3s in these kind of all star battles.

Here's how I rank 3 point shooters:

Elite = 40%+ (shoot them whenever the hell you want)
Good = 36-39% (run specific plays to get open threes)
Avg = 33-35% (shoot them only when completely wide open)
Awful = 30-32% (shoot them only in garbage time, last second heaves from halfcourt)
God Awful = > 30% (don't even think about it, pass it to someone else)

Anyone who thinks Cousy and Dr. J couldn't hit the long ball just plain never watched basketball during those eras. They can shoot lights out, especially at mid-range. The thought of Cousy, J, LBJ and Kemp coming at you full steam would be devastating for an opposing team. That is a great combo especially for chemistry. Sabonis could hold his own, which is all he would need to do, and he added nearly Memo-like ability to hit a long-mid-range shot that would open up the middle. Just too much there to handle imo. When you have 3 guys starting who can explode for 40+ at any moment, and who also play defense on top of that at least at a mid-high level that is just too strong. Addictionary wins this one in a 7 game series, 4-2.

they come full steam at you except hotttnickkkk's team has timmy & mutombo twin tower. 2 of the top 5 greatest defensive player in the modern era.

Awful = 30-32% (shoot them only in garbage time, last second heaves from halfcourt)

so you are saying MJ was an awful 3pt shooter.

IMO, MJ was a streaky 3pt shooter, but he made them when it mattered most. kobe too.

LOL .. too funny!!!

I love HotttieKKK's starters, but hate his bench. Probably would win this whole thing easily, if he actually had a good bench.

Kidd and DJ's size would cause big problems for the Tiny Nate and Cousy. Also, the forwards and centers on the team are deep and talented and would be able to wear LeBron out, as all the focus in the frontcourt would have to be on him. Irving would have to have a huge game for Addictionary to win.

I love HotttieKKK's starters, but hate his bench. Probably would win this whole thing easily, if he actually had a good bench.

Dunno about you but having Carmelo coming off the bench is pretty handy.. can give you 30 ppg as a starter on a given night, so coming off the bench as the 6th man that's pretty handy. Roy is no slouch and Aldridge is pretty savvy too.

Dennis Johnson with 3 championship ring will lead the 2nd unit team - now that's pretty solid IMO.

Dunno about you but having Carmelo coming off the bench is pretty handy.. can give you 30 ppg as a starter on a given night, so coming off the bench as the 6th man that's pretty handy. Roy is no slouch and Aldridge is pretty savvy too.

Dennis Johnson with 3 championship ring will lead the 2nd unit team - now that's pretty solid IMO.

Unless you pick Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Carmelo etc. I think current players are a little too overrated when people pick. It's human nature, you watch these guys all the time and they are fresh in our mind, but Roy shouldn't have been picked bro, imo. Same with Aldridge, guarantee if he didn't have a great postseason this year, he wouldn't have been picked. Plus I know you only picked Horry because he is clutch, he has never averaged more than 12 PPG in his career. Do like DJ and 'Melo off the bench for you though & Dwight + Chandler isn't a bad back-up combo either.

I'm not trying to dog on you or anything, I do think you have one of the top 2-3 starters out of the 12 teams.