What's new

Allen and Niang assigned to the Stars

I don't feel like Allen is in Quin's doghouse. It's just hard to get him minutes at that position right now. Frankly I'd like to see him play over O'Neale sometimes but I'm not sure I can make a strong enough argument for it.

exactly right, just too much depth. so far, he's had to compete w/ ricky, don, alec, dante, royce, raul, and KK for guard/wing minutes. i don't think any other 1st round rookie guard has had this much of an uphill battle for minutes.

Nah he will get spot minutes here and there. Next year is his time to prove something. He can play a couple positions and will find more time next year when DL knows what he has. I think he is very much part of the long term thinking for now and I doubt he has trade value that moves the needle much. First rounders are like new cars... drive them off the lot and they lose value

Except I don't think Grayson HAS lost value. He actually has shown his game translates to the NBA, but not a lick more (or less). He still has that new player smell on him. It's not that I think the Jazz want him to go, I just think he will be an ask any big trade that we want to do. If the trade is for a superior wing that can push Mitchell to the point (which I hope it is) Grayson becomes expendable.

I just get the feeling that Grayson will not be here by the end of the season. He's the "first round pick" that the Jazz are going to trade to improve elsewhere. It would make sense that the Jazz aren't letting him be thoroughly scouted which might reduce his value. We just aren't going to give him minutes to shine at this point.

Nah, you're off on that assessment.

well, he's been recalled back to the Jazz so i guess he'll be on the bench tonight against Houston, but either he or georges will be inactive again.