What's new

An Extra Two-Way?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
So sounds like the league will allow an extra two-way deal this year. They are doing this because two-ways will give them an extra body but don't count against the tax. Sounds like good news, but...

I am a little nervous my guy Shaq could get cut since he is non-guaranteed and it will save us some tax... maybe puts us one move from the tax. Would really love for him to get some playing time to prove himself here.

So sounds like the league will allow an extra two-way deal this year. They are doing this because two-ways will give them an extra body but don't count against the tax. Sounds like good news, but...

I am a little nervous my guy Shaq could get cut since he is non-guaranteed and it will save us some tax... maybe puts us one move from the tax. Would really love for him to get some playing time to prove himself here.
Playing time is overrated. It’s all about practice.

It looks like the Jazz brought Shaq just as a deep bench, somewhat experienced backup who just happened to be free out there and not because they thought that we really need to improve at the perimeter. Oni is ahead of him in the rotation. I think only covid or injuries may give him the chance. I wish they would just try him as a defensive stopper on opposite guards to know what he is capable of before playoffs come and we get torched by some Murray etc.

It looks like the Jazz brought Shaq just as a deep bench, somewhat experienced backup who just happened to be free out there and not because they thought that we really need to improve at the perimeter. Oni is ahead of him in the rotation. I think only covid or injuries may give him the chance. I wish they would just try him as a defensive stopper on opposite guards to know what he is capable of before playoffs come and we get torched by some Murray etc.
I don't know that you could say they brought him in for that. The FO and the coaching staff is often out-of-sync. The best example of that was Exum, where DL and any FO surrogate kept pumping and hyping Exum, but the coach kept not playing him. I'm sure a lot of local media people were relieved when he was traded that they didn't have to go out there and pretend that Exum is a great player who has a future with the Jazz while making excuses for how that could be when the coach has no intention to put actions to that.

Best example (though not the most recent):

DL/FO/media surrogates: We don't want to add DWill (an obvious need) to this team because we don't want anything getting in the way of Exum's development.

Quin: I'm playing Shelvin Mack.