What's new

Andrei wants to stay in Utah after 2011

Which is exactly why that stat is completely worthless. AK47 has a higher eFG% than most players in the game. Worthless.

The statistic supports the value of Kirilenko as a player. Any statistic that supports the value or Kirilenko as a player must be worthless. Therefore the statistic is worthless. QED.

An example of the difference between logical arguments that are valid, and that are sound.

Which is exactly why that stat is completely worthless. AK47 has a higher eFG% than most players in the game. Worthless.

Well then you need to find a stat supporting AK can't score inside, because that was your argument, not mine. If you can't find such a stat you are a pure hater, which I'll expect you to admit.

The statistic supports the value of Kirilenko as a player. Any statistic that supports the value or Kirilenko as a player must be worthless. Therefore the statistic is worthless. QED.

An example of the difference between logical arguments that are valid, and that are sound.

But this shows how invalid this statistic is.

I remember a few years ago how David Locke came up with stats that "proved" that AK47 was a better player than Lebron James.

You can slice things up on 82games.com to prove anything you want. Like this eFG% nonsense. If it's true that this stat includes FT%, then obviously it's going to be higher than Carlos Boozer since Andrei is a far better FT shooter. Take out the outlier stat (FT shooting. Nash has a fantastic eFG% too) that is boosting AK's eFG% and you'll see how "truly great" he is inside.

If we are to use the eFG% as the original poster who brought this up wanted to use it for, then AK47 is better inside than Boozer. He is also better than most players in the league.

We can either assume that AK47 is a better shooter inside than Dwight Howard, Shaq, Duncan, Amare, Boozer, Lopez, Gasols, Bynum, Nene, Aldrich. Do you truly believe that?

Or that the stat as presently constructed doesn't provide an accurate presentation for FG% inside the paint.

Your job is to prove that he's better inside than those players listed above.

Do it, I dare you.

Last edited:
Well then you need to find a stat supporting AK can't score inside, because that was your argument, not mine. If you can't find such a stat you are a pure hater, which I'll expect you to admit.

Hey you responded! I'm impressed that you didn't just run away with two little tiny pinto beans falling down onto the floor as you read my post.

But you didn't respond with any meat. Nice.

You haven't proven anything, other than how worthless your eFG stat is. Remember, you were the one that brought it up. I've since destroyed it's validity.

I never said he couldn't score inside. Maybe you should know what you're arguing before you try and talk with the big boys.

Hey you responded! I'm impressed that you didn't just run away with two little tiny pinto beans falling down onto the floor as you read my post.

But you didn't respond with any meat. Nice.

You haven't proven anything, other than how worthless your eFG stat is. Remember, you were the one that brought it up. I've since destroyed it's validity.

I never said he couldn't score inside. Maybe you should know what you're arguing before you try and talk with the big boys.

Ah backing off. So for the record, you don't like the way AK looks on his euro style drives but admit he is effective at scoring points with it.

Last edited:
But this shows how invalid this statistic is.

Invalid for what purpose?

I remember a few years ago how David Locke came up with stats that "proved" that AK47 was a better player than Lebron James.

A few years ago, Kirilenko was in his fifth year and James in his second. Kirilenko would have been a better player at that time.

We can either assume that AK47 is a better shooter inside than Dwight Howard, Shaq, Duncan, Amare, Boozer, Lopez, Gasols, Bynum, Nene, Aldrich. Do you truly believe that?

Define better. I can think of at least three defintions without tyrying hard, and they give different answers.