What's new

Annual Beginning-of-Off-Season Reminder: Don’t Believe a Word Ainge says

How often do struggling teams with no all stars sign up for such bidding wars?

Stop being silly. The seller takes the best bid. Our money doesnt smell any worse.
And what is exactly our money to play with? A bunch of what now looks as very late future firsts? Sexton and Collins? There are several teams that can easily offer more: OKC, Detroit, Spurs. And all of these teams are much further along in their rebuild and can reasonably sell the traded star on the potential of becoming competitive faster.

And what is exactly our money to play with? A bunch of what now looks as very late future firsts? Sexton and Collins? There are several teams that can easily offer more: OKC, Detroit, Spurs. And all of these teams are much further along in their rebuild and can reasonably sell the traded star on the potential of becoming competitive faster.

This tremendous downside new/old/alt account?

Ok I see you just want to tske the most negative stance on the team. Happy days, I suppose.

Minny new owners wanna save money and Cleveland looks like they are gonna lose Don right before we start owning their draft, but sure, all our picks are trash.

Ok I see you just want to tske the most negative stance on the team. Happy days, I suppose.

Minny new owners wanna save money and Cleveland looks like they are gonna lose Don right before we start owning their draft, but sure, all our picks are trash.
Since when being realistic means "the most negative stance"? You suggested that we can simply outbid everyone in the league for a star on the trading block. And that this would outweigh the negatives of the Jazz being a (currently) bad small-market team. That's not true because there are several teams that can offer more: higher draft picks, promising young players. If you truly believe that becoming the unrivaled destination for future superstar trades is the way to rebuild then we need to get more and better draft picks - by fully tanking next year and trading our best players.

Since when being realistic means "the most negative stance"? You suggested that we can simply outbid everyone in the league for a star on the trading block. And that this would outweigh the negatives of the Jazz being a (currently) bad small-market team. That's not true because there are several teams that can offer more: higher draft picks, promising young players. If you truly believe that becoming the unrivaled destination for future superstar trades is the way to rebuild then we need to get more and better draft picks - by fully tanking next year and trading our best players.
Lmao. You literally predicted the worst outcome for our picks two posts ago and then you follow it up by calling yourself a realist.

Realist would see both upside and downside scenarios and wouldnt lock his opinion either way. You obviously dont, or at least choose the negative. So you are either agenda driven, or a pessimist.

I doubt Ant even finishes his out his second contract in Minnesota. He thinks he’s the future goat of the league. Lol
I wonder if the guy the Jazz almost traded for this year was Lavine.
I think he was on the radar so no. Also I don’t think he’s a game changer.

Sure you do. You trade for John Collins' contract and hold it as an appreciable asset, while playing him at the 5 knowing full well he can't guard the rim. Win-win.

You think the Jazz being far-and-away the worst defensive team in the league just happened by coincidence? If the front office really wanted to win games, then wouldn't you have to conclude that they're just completely incompetent?

You can't act like a team that finished its season 5-25 wasn't actively trying to lose games.
We started the year playing Collins as a PF, and THT as the starting PG (and Clarkson as a starter, no rotational minutes for our better defender in Hendricks, few and no guaranteed ones for Simone and Ochai that were the best after).

All much more tanking moves than playing Collins as a center (still average at best, but average isn't fighting for the 1st pick overall, which was the case when we started the year 7-16, or 4-11, basically 25 and 22 wins pace), where he can actually positively impact on offense and somehow isn't worse defending than as PF (even along a traditional shot blocker as the center, as he's even worse defending the perimeter, or in space, whatever definition one would prefer to go by, than protecting the rim)

When we started moving away from that, we started to win games, and that ****ed up the tank (we had to take the turn we did to still have our pick). The reasons why we did so, that could be up for debate (as the reasons why we tried that we tried to start the year). Agents politics, injuries, players we had more belief and wanted to prop up the value than others, etc...