What's new

Annual Black and Purple Thread

Are you going to be watching the Rockies/Giants, franklin?

Hells yes. How would the coming bashing be if I didn't?
DLR coming off Tommy Johns just itching to get back to that sub-3 ERA potential. Dude's gonna get banged on a bit, but they tend to come back even stronger from it so I'm stoked for tonight and to come.

Hey YB isn't it cute the CR fan is talking and boasting about pitching, that would be like a SFG fan doing the same about hitting home runs.
Hey Franklin Torrealba also made his name playing for SFG, not that it matters just wasn't sure if you knew.

Oh one more thing YB, take your 240mil+ pay roll shove it up your *** and then go to the yankees and shove your entire team up their ***. Thanks that is all.

What's your team again, rootsytool? I'll make sure to rub it in when Chacin fans your roster. Then you'll know the face know the name.

Lincecum certainly looking like a #5 starter or long reliever. Hey, Timmy...it wasn't the hair!
On the bright side, Zito looks like the pitcher they thought they signed to that mega-deal. Only took him 6 years to regain his form.

Lincecum certainly looking like a #5 starter or long reliever. Hey, Timmy...it wasn't the hair!
On the bright side, Zito looks like the pitcher they thought they signed to that mega-deal. Only took him 6 years to regain his form.

In his defense he only allowed 4 hits. Not a good sign though that with 4 hits they scored 6 runs.

In his defense he only allowed 4 hits. Not a good sign though that with 4 hits they scored 6 runs.
But he has 11 BB's in 11 innings. Walks are as good as hits.

Good news is that Bumgarner and Zito look solid. Cain got roughed up his last start, but he'll be ok. Just need a .500 year from Vogelsong and Lincecum and the Giants will waltz into the playoffs.

As for Colorado...well, I hear it's a great place to ski.

What's your team again, rootsytool? I'll make sure to rub it in when Chacin fans your roster. Then you'll know the face know the name.
Oh sorry thought you knew, I am a SFG fan since HS, I agree with whoever said if you don't or haven't ever lived in or around the team you root for it doesn't have the same meaning when they win a championship. I mean I was super ecstatic but not nearly as I would be for the Jazz.

To be honest my first and still favorite team is the O's (played SS growing up in little league and played on the O's and Cal Ripken is and was the man) but in HS I really started also liking the SFG's and since it is hard to catch O's games they became my 2nd team like the Rockies became your first team.

Also not so coincidentally both of my teams have the same colors and they both have the absolute worst craptastic teams in all of baseball in the their divisions NYY & LAD.

Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke broke his left collarbone in a bench-clearing brawl with the San Diego Padres during Los Angeles' 3-2 victory Thursday night.

Sucks for the Dodgers.

Carlos Quentin should have to sit out until Greinke is medically cleared to play. Nobody throws a purpose pitch on a 3-2 count during the fifth inning of a 2-2 game. Quentin gets hit more than anyone in the game. Maybe he needs to back off the plate or stop being a bitch about it.

No kidding.

Relevant:

greinke.gif

"Juuuusst a bit outside"

Carlos Quentin should have to sit out until Greinke is medically cleared to play. Nobody throws a purpose pitch on a 3-2 count during the fifth inning of a 2-2 game. Quentin gets hit more than anyone in the game. Maybe he needs to back off the plate or stop being a bitch about it.
That's funny...I said the same thing yesterday to my friend who is a HUGE Dodger fan. Had Greinke been head-hunting, then charging the mound and tackling the pitcher could be justified. Getting plunked on the arm or writs, especially for someone who crowds the plate? Completely unjustified. Quentin should have been suspended for 30 days...MINIMUM!