What's new

Ante Tomic Appreciation Thread

stitches

2023 Prediction Contest Winner
Today we traded the rights to Ante Tomic to the Knicks and with that a whole era of Jazz off-season forum discussions comes to an end. Here's a thread to celebrate one of the constant off-season visitors into our minds and hopes. It was fun and all but it's time for us to Ante up and move on.

Cheers and good luck in the NYK forums, you lanky Croatian wonder!

You have to read this thread while listening to Andrea Bocelli sing "Time to Say Goodbye".

With a sad heart and a tear in my eye I say goodbye to the draft right to Ante Tomic.

Can’t believe it was 12 years ago that he was drafted. 12 years!!! I wonder since it is New York will he finally come to the NBA and be a 33 yo rookie.

I'll never forget his work ethic and his commitment to the club. You know, the club in Europe. Whatever it was. He was definitely all-in...on not coming to the NBA. Gotta admire his perseverance, in continually signing new contracts in Europe. He will be missed, as the butt of so many running gags.

I'll miss his heart, his passion and his rare ability to make himself invisible to friends and foes alike.

Here comes the twist... according to NBA rules the deal for Ed Davis cannot go through unless NYK send us back something... anything... can be picks, can be player... can be... the rights to a player. It's still not announced what the Jazz got to make this deal legal. Among the options is... the rights to Ante Tomic... so... it's possible this thread was both premature and belated at the same time.