What's new

Any updates on injuries?

So back to the bench for the guy who absoluetly DOMINATED last game?!
Let me get this straight, Ty. Your starting center is out. Your backup center went off for 23-22 last game. Your starting center is again out. So the solution is to move a PF over to the 5 and play him alongside a PF coming back from an ankle injury and bench the 23/22 player. Apparently you are teaching him a lesson that 5 TO's is UNACCEPTABLE. Brilliant!

May I add the only way this makes any sense, at all, is if the Jazz FO has decided to make a run at keeping Millsap. But nothing Ty has done thus far seems like he's working in concert with Jazz management.

Being on the bench doesn't mean he won't get 35+ today. I'd rather Favors start. Favors needs to get ready to start next year.

Let me get this straight, Ty. Your starting center is out. Your backup center went off for 23-22 last game. Your starting center is again out. So the solution is to move a PF over to the 5 and play him alongside a PF coming back from an ankle injury and bench the 23/22 player. Apparently you are teaching him a lesson that 5 TO's is UNACCEPTABLE. Brilliant!

May I add the only way this makes any sense, at all, is if the Jazz FO has decided to make a run at keeping Millsap. But nothing Ty has done thus far seems like he's working in concert with Jazz management.

Tried to rep you but I have to pass some around first.

If Millsap is ready, he should start, especially if Marvin, Foye and Earl are still out there. He's the team's best player, and can do a bit of everything on offense, which the team will need.

With the talent level of the Bucks' perimeter players (their ridiculously low bball iq notwithstanding), Favors should be out there too.

Sanders may be trouble for Kanter as well. One good game shouldn't entitle Kanter to start, especially when matchups don't dictate that he should start. He'll get plenty of minutes, regardless.

Much ado about nothing.

Sanders may be trouble for Kanter as well. One good game shouldn't entitle Kanter to start, especially when matchups don't dictate that he should start.
So what happens next year If/When Jefferson and Millsap are gone? Do we bring in a guy like Elson to start over Kanter when the matchups don't favor him? May as well give him 20 games starting against a variety of centers so he's up to speed for next season. Otherwise, Enes goes through an adjustment period early next year. Get it over with now, when the Jazz have ZERO chance of competing for home court.

I could POSSIBLY understand Corbin's reluctance to give Kanter heavy minutes early on. Kanter was a young player; perhaps Ty may have been told to maximize the value of Jefferson and Millsap through the deadline. But it is now time to look ahead to next year. Does it really matter if the Jazz finish with the 6th, 7th or 8th seed? It's a sweep or 4-1 loss at the very most. Kanter is coming off a MONSTER game. Reward him for his effort!