What's new

Anyone else been following the story about the chick who threw the puppies in a river?

Chad Feldheimer

The red-hooded puppy pitcher has been busted.

Police in Bosnia said that they have located the girl who caused global outrage this week after an online video of her surfaced, showing the blonde hurling six crying puppies into a river one by one.

The name of the girl, who is a juvenile, has not been released. But she was found after tips were received from animal protection groups in the country, London's Telegraph reported on Friday.

Police said the girl's parents will now be questioned.

The underage girl is from Bugojno, a central Bosnian town with a population of approximately 50,000.

A girl who claimed to be the one from the video posted a separate apology video on YouTube, CNET reported. She identified herself as Katja Puschnik.

Under one video frame, the apology said, "I would like to appologize for my behavior. The puppies belonged to my grandma and she told me to get rid of them because they were only 3 days and were ill. They had parasites from their mother. I didn't knew exactly what to do so I thrown them in the river because it was a short death. I did not want to make them suffer. I am really sorry for this :-( "

The video apology has since been removed, and the girl's identity could not be verified.

Velimir Ivanisevic, head of Sarajevo animal group SOS, said he was told the original video was filmed by the girl's brother.

"It is a mirror of society and the fact that young people are doing such things shows how they have been raised," Ivanisevic said.

The 44-second clip shows the young woman smiling as she picks several puppies out of a white bucket and viciously tosses them into rapidly moving river. At one point the girl exclaims "whee."

If you really want to see video just google it.

Under Bosnian law, a person who kills or tortures animals can be fined anywhere from $19 to as much as $6,400.

Animal rights groups around the world have condemned the girl's horrific actions. Several online groups have since been created, including several on Facebook.

One Facebook group, "Find the Girl who Threw Puppies in the River" has more than 47,000 followers.

Read more: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/wo...disturbing_video_released_.html#ixzz0yTZLd4PU

Apparently Michael Bay was offering $50k for her to go down for her crimes.

How horrible. She should have done the humane thing and had them killed by professionals.

maybe she was saying "Oui"

or something entirely appropriate in her native language

at any rate, I haven't even heard of this. I've been too busy with other distractions, like facebook Jesus and things of that nature.

When I was a kid, if you didn't want a litter of kittens or puppies you put them in a gunny sack and tossed them into the Jordan River. I suspect there are still places in the U.S. where farmers and country folks continue such practices. Within the past 5 years or so there was a story here in Utah about a man that couldn't get rid of some puppies so he took them out in a field and shot them all in the head to euthanize them. Yeah, he's probably sitting at the point of the mountain.

Nowadays in most places it's a felony crime to even be cruel to an animal. What defines cruel seems pretty arbitrary.

I've never been to Bosnia, but I'm pretty confident they don't speak French.

OR SOMETHING ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE IN HER NATIVE LANGUAGE

(didn't think I was implying her native language was French)

I have no idea what they speak in Bosnia. Bosnian maybe?

When I was a kid, if you didn't want a litter of kittens or puppies you put them in a gunny sack and tossed them into the Jordan River. I suspect there are still places in the U.S. where farmers and country folks continue such practices. Within the past 5 years or so there was a story here in Utah about a man that couldn't get rid of some puppies so he took them out in a field and shot them all in the head to euthanize them. Yeah, he's probably sitting at the point of the mountain.

Nowadays in most places it's a felony crime to even be cruel to an animal. What defines cruel seems pretty arbitrary.
Ya, I thought the one comment about how children are being raised was pretty funny. I worked for an 80-year-old contractor who had a steal cage that he drowned kittens in whenever his cat got pregnant.

Beyond that, veal. Hell, any meat we buy in our local supermarket. I've been to a pig farm in Australia, a chicken farm in North Carolina, and seen some pretty terrible beef operations in Northern California. It's amazing people are so outraged when a few puppies are drowned.

OR SOMETHING ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE IN HER NATIVE LANGUAGE

(didn't think I was implying her native language was French)

I have no idea what they speak in Bosnia. Bosnian maybe?

Yeah I caught that part the first time around. I was trying to be funny. Epic FAIL.

Why so serious, moe?

Beyond that, veal. Hell, any meat we buy in our local supermarket. I've been to a pig farm in Australia, a chicken farm in North Carolina, and seen some pretty terrible beef operations in Northern California. It's amazing people are so outraged when a few puppies are drowned.

Yes, this is exactly the same.

Ya, I thought the one comment about how children are being raised was pretty funny. I worked for an 80-year-old contractor who had a steal cage that he drowned kittens in whenever his cat got pregnant.

I realize that you're commenting on the hypocritical indignation of people who aren't aware of the atrocities they patronize, but I'm not a fan of relative arguments. The cultural issues in this story are real--lots of people around the world have euthanized animals the way they were brought up to do it. So the girl doesn't deserve to be crucified even if a little sensitivity training might be in order.

But outrage, however misdirected, could do some good here. People who previously weren't aware might figure out that A) they actually can make a half assed effort to find the animals homes, B) they can take them to a shelter, or C) if they live where there aren't animal shelters, they can at least find ways to kill them humanely. Last I checked, drowning didn't top anybody's list of humane ways to die.

Just to be on the record, I'm a crazy animal lover and longtime multiple dog owner. I'm also a card carrying hypocrite since I eat meat, although I do only buy humane raised offerings at the supermarket for outrageous prices. (And yeah, I check my conscience at the door at restaurants.) Regardless, the world can do more to prevent puppies being thrown into a river to die, just as it can do more to raise its livestock humanely, and the mistreatment of one doesn't justify the other.

This is not directed at you, it's not supposed to be a sermon, and I'm just throwing in my opinion.

of all the tragic things that have happened in bosnia over the last decade....this is what gets michael bay to put up $50,000.

what an *******.

are he and hopper related?

I realize that you're commenting on the hypocritical indignation of people who aren't aware of the atrocities they patronize, but I'm not a fan of relative arguments. The cultural issues in this story are real--lots of people around the world have euthanized animals the way they were brought up to do it. So the girl doesn't deserve to be crucified even if a little sensitivity training might be in order.

But outrage, however misdirected, could do some good here. People who previously weren't aware might figure out that A) they actually can make a half assed effort to find the animals homes, B) they can take them to a shelter, or C) if they live where there aren't animal shelters, they can at least find ways to kill them humanely. Last I checked, drowning didn't top anybody's list of humane ways to die.

Just to be on the record, I'm a crazy animal lover and longtime multiple dog owner. I'm also a card carrying hypocrite since I eat meat, although I do only buy humane raised offerings at the supermarket for outrageous prices. (And yeah, I check my conscience at the door at restaurants.) Regardless, the world can do more to prevent puppies being thrown into a river to die, just as it can do more to raise its livestock humanely, and the mistreatment of one doesn't justify the other.

This is not directed at you, it's not supposed to be a sermon, and I'm just throwing in my opinion.
I agree with this post completely. I do think it's valuable to point out the hypocrisy, however.

Why couldn't people just listen to what Bob Barker had to say?

The whole pet ownership thing is pretty ****ed up, no matter what angle you take. Dogs and cats in captivity are taken care of so well, but nature hasn't caught up to domestication, and probably never will. As long as that's the case, this situation will continuously repeat.

Either way, if you own a pet and don't control it's birthing situation, that's your own dumb fault, and you should suffer the consequences if you can't keep it under control. And yeah yeah, the girl was probably taught to do that and it's the parents or the culture's fault, whatever, but people won't ever learn if examples are not made. And sensibly, the girl should be educated more than punished, but I'm sure that won't happen, either.

In fact, I'm going to sum this post up by saying "the world is ****ed up, and there's not many things you can do to fix it." This was a predictable outcome... something similar will happen in a few days and we'll forget about this story.

Why couldn't people just listen to what Bob Barker had to say?

The whole pet ownership thing is pretty ****ed up, no matter what angle you take. Dogs and cats in captivity are taken care of so well, but nature hasn't caught up to domestication, and probably never will. As long as that's the case, this situation will continuously repeat.

Either way, if you own a pet and don't control it's birthing situation, that's your own dumb fault, and you should suffer the consequences if you can't keep it under control. And yeah yeah, the girl was probably taught to do that and it's the parents or the culture's fault, whatever, but people won't ever learn if examples are not made. And sensibly, the girl should be educated more than punished, but I'm sure that won't happen, either.

In fact, I'm going to sum this post up by saying "the world is ****ed up, and there's not many things you can do to fix it." This was a predictable outcome... something similar will happen in a few days and we'll forget about this story.

Unlike women who don't control the "birthing situation" and throw their own fetus into the river/surgical vacuum.

Hypocrisy abounds.