Game Thread Apr 05, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 04-05-21

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
@Nicksti

random ****, but I don't think your username is random although I guess it's top secret if you drive a Subaru STi. I am a Subaru STi owner and have been curious if you are too. I don't know if, although it's part of your username, you feel like that is too much personal info to share on the internet but whatever. Just trying to get to know a new poster.

Max Porter

I figured they’d lose this one, then I read Kristap was out and I thought for sure we got this.

Honestly though, this loss doesn’t concern me at all - it was just one of those games where all the luck, all the 50/50 balls went the Mavericks way; not to mention just the dreadful shooting performance. That will happen from time to time from even the hottest shooting team in the league - it just so happened to be tonight.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I missed the second half going to dinner with my family and mother in law. Looks like I didn't miss much.
0-8 royce? Really?
6-23 Donovan? Really?
Looks like everyone else played ok or good for the most part according to the box score.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Suns made some ground on us by barely beating the worst team in the league.

Anyone know what happened to harden? I see he only played 4 minutes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ujfanatic

It would be interesting to rewatch this game and see exactly what Dallas was doing. They managed to pull Rudy (and Favors) out on switches several times, leading to mismatches and the paint open for offensive rebounds. The Jazz are usually pretty good at keeping Gobert closer to the rim.

Revolution 9

Staff member
This game is only just one game, but it's still concerning.

I love these guys but still don't think the make up of this roster works for a title run. We have too much of the same. Bogey, Ingles, Royce, Niang.
All of those guys contribute, but we need more size, more defense, more athleticism, etc.

We are small with Conley, Don, Royce. I worry about bigger more physical teams in the playoffs. We have no interior game. So unless we are hot from deep
we are in big trouble. Second chance points also concern me.

I think by the end of the season Niang island will be a couple of fat dudes in hawaiian shirts singing Margaritaville.

hgb

Contributor
0-8 royce? Really?
The worst part regarding Royce in my opinion was that all but maybe two of his shots were really off. They were wide, way short, etc. He had I think two corner threes that might as well have been hits, but the rest weren't close.

Jazzmix

I was secretely hoping that in the crap game like this Clarkson's streak of consecutive games with a 3 pointer would end so Boler stops getting excited about it every damn game.

royzzz

It would be interesting to rewatch this game and see exactly what Dallas was doing. They managed to pull Rudy (and Favors) out on switches several times, leading to mismatches and the paint open for offensive rebounds. The Jazz are usually pretty good at keeping Gobert closer to the rim.
On the few occasions I got to watch the game, seems like Mavs took out a page from when Clippers beat the Jazz. They indeed switched several times and tried to pull Rudy out.

DasJazz

Going into the week I kind of had the feeling that we'd split the Dallas and Phoenix games. Now we just need the Jazz to regroup and make it happen against the Suns, especially since they picked up a full game on us with our loss to the Mavs.

SteakNEggs

On the few occasions I got to watch the game, seems like Mavs took out a page from when Clippers beat the Jazz. They indeed switched several times and tried to pull Rudy out.
If Donovan and especially Royce(who gets a LOT of slack compared to other players)hits a few wide open 3s we're right in this game.