What's new

Game Thread Apr 07, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Suns

Added to Calendar: 04-07-21

Felt like more of a Conley break down. IDK though, those things are hard to diagnosis for sure, but why in the hell is Conley leaving CP3 when he can clearly see that Royce is not there.
Royce started the play on CP3 and Conley stunted and went back to Cam Johnson probably thinking Royce would recover. It's both on them for not communicating but I think Royce is the bigger culprit.

Jazz have very limited clutch minutes this year, but it's crazy they go from the 2nd best rebounding team in the NBA to the 27th best when in clutch time. *defensive rebounding*

I love Gobert but he’s a bit soft. Rebounding being that tall, you should never ever let smaller guys out rebound you
eh, there is more to rebounding than height. How many rebounds per game did yao average? How about shawn bradley? They are both taller than gobert so they should have averaged about 17 per game right? Was rodman over 7 feet tall? Was he a good rebounder?

Frustrating game, but I don't feel worse about Utah in any way. I still think the Jazz are clearly the best team (until we see fully healthy Brooklyn). It's good they are getting these struggles out now. Yeah, the Jazz might have peaked earlier in the year, but they are dipping at the right time for a resurgence going into the playoffs. A statement win would have been fun tonight, but it's not like they have to have that game.

We have another shot @PHX later in the season.

Oh, and maybe even worse than the defensive rebounding is the transition defense. That's where the Jazz were really bleeding points.

Man, I’m not sure we can beat that team in a 7 game series. We do not matchup well with them. If we can’t beat them in a 7 game series we are in trouble. I’ve seen this movie before.
I disagree. We shot 25% from three. If we shoot 10% less than our average from three we win. We just had a very very bad outside shooting night. And still went to overtime against them in their place.
Play the game in utah and have us shoot our average from three and we blow them out if they play like they did tonight.

Frustrating as hell.

Royce is back to playoff Royce where he is terrified to shoot.

Clarkson is being guard tight and he has no idea what to do. For some reason he has this idea that he has to get up shots no matter what and it's becoming extremely frustrating that he can't adjust.

Bogey is 6'8 for nothing on the boards.

Rudy should be throwing gatorade coolers in the lockerroom with how much ******** he had to put up with from his team this game. Constantly missing him wide open under the rim. Not getting back into the PNR fast enough to cover Paul. When Rudy sticks with Paul none of them are putting an *** into any Phoenix players.
Im awarding this, the post of the thread

The Jazz did it in OT and Ingles threw it right to Booker for a fastbreak attempt (think Booker got fouled though)
Kinda small sample size. Have you ever seen the ingles gobert pnr work though?

eh, there is more to rebounding than height. How many rebounds per game did yao average? How about shawn bradley? They are both taller than gobert so they should have averaged about 17 per game right? Was rodman over 7 feet tall? Was he a good rebounder?

That’s a good point. But when I see him under the basket and a smaller player out jumps him it pisses me off. I think like everyone else I expect our stars to be perfect.

If even 1 of our other three point shooters hit their normal averages we win this. Or if they actually get more shots for Joe Ingles, you know the best ****ing 3 pt shooter in the league? Yeah he shoots twice. I sure hope they learn to move the ball again at some point. Can't watch much more of this hero ball ****.

Do we start Ingles? I really think we are better with him as the starter. On offense at least
Yes.
I mean we have the best record in the league. We also have the biggest margin of victory. Now knowing those two things you would think that would mean we start fast.

I would be curious to know how often we have the lead after like 3 or 4 minutes. I bet it's not very often in comparison to our record. I think the starting lineup needs to change.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app