What's new

Game Thread Apr 13, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 04-13-21

Like a gazel in heat. Honestly very physical. Played very good defense took opportunities on the offensive side and seemed to belong. Could see him getting more minutes against physical players.
A gazelle in heat. I’ll have to use that one.

And WTF is with Matt Thomas? Where were the analytics that said he was the best shooter in the world? He’s 3/20. 15%. However, if you count Bolerjack threes then he’s like 8/28, which is a lot better but still not good.

Bout time Brantley got some burn!

Hughes really needs to see some time.

Good shooting night from Niang. Lets see that in LA, and against good teams.

Like a gazel in heat. Honestly very physical. Played very good defense took opportunities on the offensive side and seemed to belong. Could see him getting more minutes against physical players.
He needs to play more... he’s quite nimble and he’s thicker than @Hearsky ‘s mom. He could be the physical athletic guy we lack.

One of his threes was wide right and really ugly... other than that he was really solid.

Man, Donovan is really, really bad on defense. I made a point to just watch him on the defensive end this game and he just cannot stay in front of anybody. I don’t know if the analytics back this up, but it seemed like most of Dort’s scoring came when Donovan was guarding him. I’ll give a little bit of a pass for fatigue, but I don’t think it was unique to this game. I need to go back and watch clips of him as a rookie to see if it ever actually looked better.

Brantley looked good. It was fun seeing someone athletic crash the boards for the Jazz for a change.

Man, Donovan is really, really bad on defense. I made a point to just watch him on the defensive end this game and he just cannot stay in front of anybody. I don’t know if the analytics back this up, but it seemed like most of Dort’s scoring came when Donovan was guarding him. I’ll give a little bit of a pass for fatigue, but I don’t think it was unique to this game. I need to go back and watch clips of him as a rookie to see if it ever actually looked better.

Brantley looked good. It was fun seeing someone athletic crash the boards for the Jazz for a change.

This is a huge concern for the playoffs. With Conley, Bogey, and Royce. Our defense is going to be tested.

Don needs to step up on defense.

Thomas has looked rough. Maybe an off-season with Utah's training staff can elevate him. He just looks extremely rushed atm. Once he settles down and figures out where he's getting his shots he can get back to elite shooting

Brantley is cool because he's our only young bench guy who is somewhat assertive other than Thomas. Forrest/Oni/Morgan are all really passive players who mostly seem like they are trying not to make mistakes

He picks his spots. Give him a pass last night. Dude has been carrying a heavy load on the back end of a a back to back. He's been mostly better on that end.

One guy I have noticed much more is Mike. He's being so much more disruptive and getting his hands on a ton of balls. I think that is what we need from DM because he won't ever be a lockdown defender... I'm not sure there are many anymore.