What's new

Game Thread Apr 18, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 04-18-22

Maybe if Rudy's TEAMMATES wouldn't rely on RUDY to bail them out, Rudy wouldn't have to leave his defender open for 3.
It is normal for your big to help. It is also normal to help the helper and make rotations.

If the Jazz don't make a coaching change this offseason, I'm not sure how much I will even pay attention next year.

Last edited:
He didn’t. He got a lot of help from
kleber. Both those guys played well. Brunson was clearly the catalyst, because of his damn speed. But tip your hat to Kleber. Just because he’s wide open because Rudy had to crash down and help on Brunson to prevent a layup doesn’t mean Kleber is going to score.
We had 6 more shots attempts more in 4th and we lost it by 10. We had 20 more board's aswell. They hit 22 3 pointer. Give kleber 10 shots now on empty court and I can bet hes not gonna hit more tha 3 of them

We had 6 more shots attempts more in 4th and we lost it by 10. We had 20 more board's aswell. They hit 22 3 pointer. Give kleber 10 shots now on empty court and I can bet hes not gonna hit more tha 3 of them
Why would you expect him to hit a lower percentage of 3's in an open gym than he averages in NBA games?

Jazz can't let Brunson go for 40 points, and they can't let Kleber go for 25. Jazz will need to make some defensive adjustments, obviously. This is precisely the test they have to pass.

That said, it's unlikely the Mavs shoot like this again, especially in Utah.
It is unlikely that they shoot this well again, but what isn’t unlikely is that they could find ways to win again. If it’s not shooting, it could be something else. Then for that one game we could say that it’s unlikely they do _____ again. They almost beat us in game 1. The question is, when they need a big play down the stretch, can they come up more times than not? Conversely, if we need to convert down the stretch or get a stop, can we bitch that more times than we succeed? I believe the answer to both questions is yes, which makes amalgamated regular season statistics have a much weaker correlation with what we’re going to see in these highly specified scenarios.

what a bad day for Mike. 0 points 0/7 fg and early foul trouble. we hired him for the playoffs he need to play better than this . he's officially a liability on D.

a different game plan is needed for game3。 one that will allow Rudy to move closer to the shooter and other guys to cover the paint.

what a bad day for Mike. 0 points 0/7 fg and early foul trouble. we hired him for the playoffs he need to play better than this . he's officially a liability on D.

a different game plan is needed for game3。 one that will allow Rudy to move closer to the shooter and other guys to cover the paint.
last time a team's starting PG scored 0 point in a playoff game was Ben Simmons. let that sink in a bit.

Mike conley with zero ****ing points! 0-7? Holy hell that is garbage. Plus he was getting destroyed on defense often.

It is normal for your big to help. It is also normal to help the helper and make rotations.

If the Jazz don't make a coaching change this offense, I'm not sure how much I will even pay attention next year.
It's not the coach, its the personnel. Snyder ran the best defense in the league when he had the right people.

Whether or not Snyder is gone next year... the Jazz are screwed no matter how you look at it. Last year was their chance. They had to go all in before Donovan signed a max. They went all in on Conley and it was a mistake. Now they have a bunch of aging assets, a scoring guard that is too short and a defensive center's whose arms are so long that he can't seem to control them while on offense.

Mike conley with zero ****ing points! 0-7? Holy hell that is garbage. Plus he was getting destroyed on defense often.
Yeah his foul trouble is his fault.

He couldn't find a way to score a point in a playoff game.

Our starting PG didn't do **** in a playoff game.

I hope he goes home and thinks about his life tonight. This is his career. This is his playoff legacy.

It’s hilarious that some of y’all are shocked. This team has been telling you all year what they are… I told y’all Dinwiddie and Brunson could score 55+ in a game. I told y’all it wouldn’t be a sweep.

Luka gets some extra time to heal… we should still win the series but it’s like a 55% -60% proposition at this point.

Woof.

Yikes. Why can't Mitchell keep anyone in front of him? Why did Bogie leave his man?

Good question. One none of them will answer.
Donovan “I’ll play better defense next game”….oh but not in a 1 point playoff game in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, I believe you bro. Maybe you can come out and shoot 1/8 in the 4th again too.

Overall this team just doesn’t have “it”. They may be the biggest “pretender” of a good team I’ve ever seen.

Btw don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but did anyone notice the awkward/weird mic’s up moment between Quin and Donovan we’re Quin was almost poking fun at getting Rudy the ball? Donovan gave like an awkward smile, and Quin played it off because Donovan had a hot mic on him lol.

I don’t have much respect for anyone on this team. Rudy to an extend, he fumbled some shots, but he’s been put in a no win situation. For all the hubbub about Donovan needing help or wanting out, Rudy should be the one demanding a trade.

Donovan “I’ll play better defense next game”….oh but not in a 1 point playoff game in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, I believe you bro. Maybe you can come out and shoot 1/8 in the 4th again too.

Overall this team just doesn’t have “it”. They may be the biggest “pretender” of a good team I’ve ever seen.

Btw don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but did anyone notice the awkward/weird mic’s up moment between Quin and Donovan we’re Quin was almost poking fun at getting Rudy the ball? Donovan gave like an awkward smile, and Quin played it off because Donovan had a hot mic on him lol.

I don’t have much respect for anyone on this team. Rudy to an extend, he fumbled some shots, but he’s been put in a no win situation. For all the hubbub about Donovan needing help or wanting out, Rudy should be the one demanding a trade.
I've lost a lot of faith in Quin Snyder if his solution to Gobert not getting the ball enough is to give him a post-up opportunity in a playoff game to let him embarrass himself on so that he can then supposedly move on.

When people say they want Gobert to get the ball more, nobody means in post-ups away from the basket. We're referring to when he has a smaller guy completely sealed under the basket and his teammates ignore him.

It’s on everyone at this point. I mean hell JB is murdering everyone and Quin/Rudy refuse to adjust the scheme to come up higher to take away his midrange… at least a little bit here and there to mix in some variety. This the same **** we have seen for YEARS. Good teams have figured it out. Every team seems to have a guard that can score enough in the midrange or a stretch 5 that can hurt us… it’s just wild we have ignored these issues. I mean some dummies on this site said we’d be sweeping these guys even though they have a poor man’s version of what the clips had last year.

I kinda hope we lose so I don’t have to watch this anymore and the front office gets a clear message that we are doggy doo doo

I've lost a lot of faith in Quin Snyder if his solution to Gobert not getting the ball enough is to give him a post-up opportunity in a playoff game to let him embarrass himself on so that he can then supposedly move on.

When people say they want Gobert to get the ball more, nobody means in post-ups away from the basket. We're referring to when he has a smaller guy completely sealed under the basket and his teammates ignore him.
He had that smug convo with Donovan too “we fed the big guy… pause for smirk… keep looking for the lob”.

I’m convinced he’s outta here… I’m ready for it. Just don’t bring in Doc.

Also I was watching on my phone and hit or miss but I swear o saw Royce gets stuck on a screen in the backcourt for like 7 seconds. It’s like he’s doing a parody of the guy we say he is.