What's new

Game Thread Apr 26, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 04-26-21

We deserved that loss... earned that ****. When JC is that bad he doesn’t need to force it harder. I have no idea why we can’t hit open *** shots or why we can’t take advantage of a defense that is jumping on the passing lanes this hard but it’s not a great sign for the playoffs. Tony Brothers is a terrible official... I hate everything right now. Where’s the Tylenol?

Interesting take

I knew Clarke back in the day... he’s a nice guy... this take ain’t it though. With 11 games left they really don’t have it narrowed in on how things will line up. They are trying some things but they are very much trying to win.... and failing.

You don’t run Ingles out there for 34 minutes if you are just tinkering around me not concerned about outcomes. We did good conserving him this year but he looks gassed right now.

I think we may have ruined the timberwolves franchise over the years by losing to them in meaningless games for them and taking their ping pong balls over the years. Those assholes fall to 5th and their pick goes to GS... ****ing wolves get with the program and tank like OKC.

Interesting take

How do their odds look if they drop to the third seed? Because I think people are taking for granted this idea that they can't slip past the second spot.
But right now, Utah is only up three games in the loss column on the Clippers (fortunately, they got their butt kicked by New Orleans tonight or it'd be just two). Assume the Jazz knock off the Kings (lol maybe too big of an assumption right now), if the Clippers knock off the Suns, and then the Suns knock off the Jazz, we end the week still holding onto that number one spot BUT basically the records would look like this:

1. Utah (45-18)
2. Phoenix (44-19)
3. LA Clippers (44-20)

That is too damn close for comfort, IMO.

I know it goes against every logical thought but I think I want Phoenix to beat the Clippers Wednesday because four losses just might be too much for them to overcome compared to the Jazz and at the end of the day, the second seed is infinitely better than the third.

How do their odds look if they drop to the third seed? Because I think people are taking for granted this idea that they can't slip past the second spot.
But right now, Utah is only up three games in the loss column on the Clippers (fortunately, they got their butt kicked by New Orleans tonight or it'd be just two). Assume the Jazz knock off the Kings (lol maybe too big of an assumption right now), if the Clippers knock off the Suns, and then the Suns knock off the Jazz, we end the week still holding onto that number one spot BUT basically the records would look like this:

1. Utah (45-18)
2. Phoenix (44-19)
3. LA Clippers (44-20)

That is too damn close for comfort, IMO.

I know it goes against every logical thought but I think I want Phoenix to beat the Clippers Wednesday because four losses just might be too much for them to overcome compared to the Jazz and at the end of the day, the second seed is infinitely better than the third.
We’ve got the tie-breaker on the Clippers. I’m pulling for the Clippers. I don’t think we will win Friday, so we’d definitely need a Clippers win.

We’ve got the tie-breaker on the Clippers. I’m pulling for the Clippers. I don’t think we will win Friday, so we’d definitely need a Clippers win.
I think it's a game of risk.

The Suns beating the Clippers Wednesday probably knocks 'em out of the top-two race. So, while it bolsters the Suns, it puts the Clippers in a tough position. The thing is, I don't think the Jazz is playing well enough right now to keep the top spot, regardless what happens Wednesday in that game. Eventually, and unfortunately, I expect the Suns to pass 'em. It'll either happen Friday or some time next week.
So where does the risk come into play? If the Clippers win Wednesday, and then beat Denver, they're breathing down Utah's neck those final weeks.
My assumption is that the first seed is unlikely - now it's a battle for the second and I'd much rather have the Clippers locked out of it as quickly as possible than have them linger and a continued death spiral from the Jazz dropping them to third.

I think it's a game of risk.

The Suns beating the Clippers Wednesday probably knocks 'em out of the top-two race. So, while it bolsters the Suns, it puts the Clippers in a tough position. The thing is, I don't think the Jazz is playing well enough right now to keep the top spot, regardless what happens Wednesday in that game. Eventually, and unfortunately, I expect the Suns to pass 'em. It'll either happen Friday or some time next week.
So where does the risk come into play? If the Clippers win Wednesday, and then beat Denver, they're breathing down Utah's neck those final weeks.
My assumption is that the first seed is unlikely - now it's a battle for the second and I'd much rather have the Clippers locked out of it as quickly as possible than have them linger and a continued death spiral from the Jazz dropping them to third.
There's really hardly any difference between the 2 and 3 seed. HCA is overrated as hell.

If we get into the 2/3 seed, we'd want it to be against the Suns, not the Clippers. Not to mention, a 3-way tie with the Clippers and Suns can also grant us the 1 seed.

Teams have learned to not help off the 3 pt shooters against us and except Clarkson when he gets deep. They also anticipate our screens.

I wish they'd mix it up with some off ball flex screens to keep opponents guessing. When you play moneyball to a t you become predictable.

We rely too much on 3s. We can get the guy open but we can't make the shot. Rare game when every shooter is off.

They should stay on the court and practice after the game

Like I've been saying most of the year. This team is soft, and not built for a deep playoff run. Some of the homers got butt hurt about this reality, but
I know what I'm talking about.

Hopefully after the playoffs the front office will be forced to make some changes. Royce has to be removed from the starting line up, and upgraded. And how long
can we keep Favors?

There's really hardly any difference between the 2 and 3 seed. HCA is overrated as hell.

If we get into the 2/3 seed, we'd want it to be against the Suns, not the Clippers. Not to mention, a 3-way tie with the Clippers and Suns can also grant us the 1 seed.
It's not overrated lol especially if the Lakers end up 6th.

That last play the Wolves had... It was like the Jazz were trying to throw the game. Unreal.

It's not overrated lol especially if the Lakers end up 6th.
Eh, the Lakers are a couple games up on the Mavs in the loss column and LeBron's coming back next week.

I really doubt they'll fall to 6th.