What's new

Game Thread Apr 30, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Suns

Added to Calendar: 04-30-21

It's obvious that Jazz would submit to the Suns tonight. This is why ppl aren't taking Jazz seriously for the playoffs, even if we're fully healthy. 2nd rd GG

Back when the Jazz were hitting their 3s almost every night I thought we had a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. The 3s have been far more spotty since just before the ASB. If we don't get back to shooting like we did the first half of the season, I don't know if we have enough to do much in the playoffs no matter what seed we are.

It's obvious that Jazz would submit to the Suns tonight. This is why ppl aren't taking Jazz seriously for the playoffs, even if we're fully healthy. 2nd rd GG

I don't think tonight is why the Jazz isn't being taken as seriously. I do think some of it is unfair but it really started happening right before the All Star Break, around the time they won 20 of 21. Then they lost to the Clippers when Leonard and George returned and then their two losses to New Orleans and Philadelphia right before the break (coupled with a bad loss to Golden State). I think that stretch is where people lost confidence in the Jazz. They did rattle off nine again, but against some really bad teams or depleted teams (Brooklyn) before losing at Dallas and then at Phoenix.

In fact, I think that loss to the Suns hurt more and why people kind of stopped buying the hype. Since that nine-game win streak to start the second half, the Jazz is just 7=7.

I don't think tonight is why the Jazz isn't being taken as seriously. I do think some of it is unfair but it really started happening right before the All Star Break, around the time they won 20 of 21. Then they lost to the Clippers when Leonard and George returned and then their two losses to New Orleans and Philadelphia right before the break (coupled with a bad loss to Golden State). I think that stretch is where people lost confidence in the Jazz. They did rattle off nine again, but against some really bad teams or depleted teams (Brooklyn) before losing at Dallas and then at Phoenix.

In fact, I think that loss to the Suns hurt more and why people kind of stopped buying the hype. Since that nine-game win streak to start the second half, the Jazz is just 7=7.
^THIS

Do you think having Donovan injured also had something to do with the team losing a few close games? And then of course Conley.

With how this team is constructed, there is not a lot of margin of error if you lose someone like Donovan. He is the only guy who can put pressure on the opposing team's defense. He is the only one that could get all the way to the rim and collapse a defense. His mid-range game is also reliable. Having both Donovan and Mike injured places too much responsability on Joe and JC. You can tell Joe is tired (the whole team really)

Nets got blown out at home tonight against the Blazers. Didn't even bother to play Durant. Guess the Nets are trash...

People freaking out about the #1 seed or our last few games while we are missing two of our best players

I don't think the team care that much at this point about seeding. Having Donovan and Conley healthy for the playoffs is way more important.
The team hasn’t played well since Kawhi and Pushoff P stole our lunchbox a few months ago. Since then the 3s haven’t been falling and the defense has been so bad that even Boozer is laughing at us.

I think it's amusing when people say we beat a team shorthanded so it's no big deal, but when we lose and we're shorthanded it's the end of the world!