What's new

Are the Jazz Tanking the 2022-23 Season?

Are the Jazz in Tank mode or Win Now mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
JpHRtcv3JMXDTeFgp_SIWF7NyQ_fGSWTDOL942Onm8-WEVJG8JSWtJ0diIyxzPihVJI=w526-h296-rw

A lot of people are talking like it is 100% clear that the tank is on. Others are still offering up ideas on how the Jazz can build a solid team this year.

So which one is it? We tanking or are we winning (or are we NOT tanking and NOT winning)?

I think it remains to be seen. My bet is that Ainge has a couple of different cards up his sleeves and a few irons in the fire. Whichever iron strikes first, and hardest, that will signal the card he plays. Could be a full tank. Could be a build around Mitchell. We won't know until all the dominoes fall.

I think it remains to be seen. My bet is that Ainge has a couple of different cards up his sleeves and a few irons in the fire. Whichever iron strikes first, and hardest, that will signal the card he plays. Could be a full tank. Could be a build around Mitchell. We won't know until all the dominoes fall.
I agree
Ainge is in no rush to close any deals
There's plenty of time to wait for what he wants

Yes, but tanking and keeping Mitchell aren't mutually exclusive.

There is no indication that they really even trying to put together a win-now team; every move looks a lot like like they come from a rebuild from scratch directive.

Yes, but tanking and keeping Mitchell aren't mutually exclusive.

There is no indication that they really even trying to put together a win-now team; every move looks a lot like like they come from a rebuild from scratch directive.
I think the next moves are the sign… I don’t believe we will surround Donovan with garbage and do a tank with Donovan.

Hopefully. Definitely the best option.

And with a draft like this upcoming one, with some luck we'll be able to go right back to trying to build a contending team after just a year (or two, keep that OKC pick!) of suckage.

I'm with Log on this. We are at a fork in the path and Ainge is waiting for a sign before he decides. I think we have 2+ plans in motion and once KD, Ayton, and other things happen, then he will finally decide.
There are 2 paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.

There are 2 paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.
Agreed. Ainge isn't one to beat around the bush, but he might string someone along. He needs to just bite the bullet and make the decision. It's better late than never.