What's new

Are we actually good or is it the schedule?

The Thunder have lost 10 of there last 14 games! I use to like watching the Thunder as well as Westbrook.....but recently they have played like diddly squat and have become unwatchable! I don't think they'd win one game against us right now in a 7 game series!
I knew they were going to start tanking in the second half of the season. They had a super easy schedule for the most part up until then, now they have one of the hardest schedules in the league.

Jazz won't beat OKC in a playoff series unless PG's shoulder issue is lingering through to the playoffs. The nice thing about their end of season tank is that we probably won't see them in the 1st round which is nice.

The difference between us and the Nuggets is that Malone is actually willing to sub Jokic out of the game in the clutch for defensive plays, whereas Snyder is always gonna play Gobert over Favs no matter what.

How many times have we seen Gobert crashing/trying to crash the glass after DM missing tough contested layups in the paint in the clutch? Kudos to him on the effort, but DM likely wouldn't miss those looks has Gobert not being down there packing the paint. Favors isn't much of a floor spacer by any means, but he has a reliable midrange game that the defender has to pay respect to, which would allow DM to have better angles to attack the basket.

The difference between us and the Nuggets is that Malone is actually willing to sub Jokic out of the game in the clutch for defensive plays, whereas Snyder is always gonna play Gobert over Favs no matter what.

How many times have we seen Gobert crashing/trying to crash the glass after DM missing tough contested layups in the paint in the clutch? Kudos to him on the effort, but DM likely wouldn't miss those looks has Gobert not being down there packing the paint. Favors isn't much of a floor spacer by any means, but he has a reliable midrange game that the defender has to pay respect to, which would allow DM to have better angles to attack the basket.
I don’t think that particular aspect is true. DM has to hit Faves with the pass, and a mid-range jumper has to be the right play (which it stastically isn’t, and the Jazz never hunt for those shots).

I know Favors is playing great, but let’s not get carried away by recency bias. Favors should play over Gobert sometimes, but Gobert is the rock of this team. Nobody on this roster is game-in and game-out as reliable.

I don’t think that particular aspect is true. DM has to hit Faves with the pass, and a mid-range jumper has to be the right play (which it stastically isn’t, and the Jazz never hunt for those shots).

I know Favors is playing great, but let’s not get carried away by recency bias. Favors should play over Gobert sometimes, but Gobert is the rock of this team. Nobody on this roster is game-in and game-out as reliable.
So is Jokic. But that doesn't bother with Malone when he brings in Plumlee every time when they have to make a defensive stop in the clutch. I mean Jokic is fine defensively in general. And so is Gobert offensively, but their limitation will show when the opponents up their intensity in the clutch when every possession matters. The Jazz are 0-7 this season when games were decided by 3 pts or less, meaning one more scoring possession would’ve changed the outcome of those games completely. And we've been coming up short simply because Quin isn't willing to make those subtle adjustments to the lineup on a possession by possession basis. And bringing in korver in the last second for some desperation attempts when the game has already slipped away isn't gonna cut it.

Well, tonight is the litmus test! We've had a day off to rest, we play a chump team loaded with clowns. We got beat by the Hawks because they hit 20 three pointers and we still almost won the game. I say if we win this game by 20 points then we will have passed the litmus test, indicating we are not a fluke but ready for that 1st round and then some!

The Jazz are a good team but they aren't NBA championship caliber. They are too inconsistent. Another alarming trend is blowing big leads. How far they go most likely will be determined by the matchup they get. I can see them winning a series but I could see them losing in round 1 too. To go farther than round 1 they need everyone to play at their best which rarely happens. Until they find another offensive star they don't have enough talent to compete with GS or Houston.