Are we going off the fiscal cliff?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Thriller

Are we going to go off the fiscal cliff? Explain.

fiscal-cliff630.jpg

I hope not as that will be a very bad thing for me and my bank account.

Threads like this make me appreciate you. No. The Republicans will eventually cave but will get something back they can at least say is candy.

I don't care. I read an article a week back that claimed total defense spending through 2013 would come to $1.6 trillion dollars. A 4% cut isn't even a down payment. Neither with social security.

Alright, now that democrats got everything they demanded & the details are coming out, is there anyone here willing to defend Obama on this one? Far as I can find this is a complete fleecing of the middle class, mildly wealthy, and poor, and another payoff to the ultra wealthy.

I hope I'm wrong, and matter of factly did not care one bit about the tax side of this other than finding an angle to interpret the tea leaves with, but this bill is everything Obama campaigned against as far as I can tell.

Salty, Candrew, Rev9, if you want to take this one up I would salute the lengths you might go defending it. As far as I see it's nothing more than another giveaway to the very, very, very wealthy. Or, the Bush-Obama narrative.

Alright, now that democrats got everything they demanded & the details are coming out, is there anyone here willing to defend Obama on this one? Far as I can find this is a complete fleecing of the middle class, mildly wealthy, and poor, and another payoff to the ultra wealthy.

I hope I'm wrong, and matter of factly did not care one bit about the tax side of this other than finding an angle to interpret the tea leaves with, but this bill is everything Obama campaigned against as far as I can tell.

Salty, Candrew, Rev9, if you want to take this one up I would salute the lengths you might go defending it. As far as I see it's nothing more than another giveaway to the very, very, very wealthy. Or, the Bush-Obama narrative.

But what do you say when someone suggests that our country has been taken over by a small group of elitist, and democrats and republicans are the same thing?

What do you say to people who say vote for someone like Ron Paul or a third party?

Did you really expect anything different? Does anyone here really expect different? Of course he is looking after the wealthy. Both parties do.

Waiting for people to get this is like watching a child try to put the round peg in the square hole and you cant say anything.

Anytime your ready to figure whats really going on with government just say so. We'll be waiting.

Ill go now and go back to waiting for the rest of the country to wake the **** up.

Are we going to go off the fiscal cliff? Explain.

fiscal-cliff630.jpg

A former sec of treas on CtoC said no matter if Noury were elected, his first day in office would be realizing he can't stop the spending..... not for military, not for entitlements, not for banking. . . . . not for anybody. None of us would stand for it. . . . she also said she just hopes the government folks don't get so desperate they go for total control trying to find a way through it. . . .

hey folks, we've got cops arresting kids for selling lemonade on the street without their business license and sales tax payments.

what the hell, so it's time to stop playing worldwide UN police force, time to stop paying the lobbyists back with public dollars for their political campaign contributions, time to stop the entitlement mentality.

give our kids a break and don't bankrupt them before they're old enough to vote.

so how come the poll is closed. I want to vote.

Or how about anybody arguing the utility of congress people at all? The story is the same is always. They don't read bills. They don't write bills. They just add their little pet projects together and put on a show. That's their whole purpose. They don't actually debate real things. These people are totally worthless. We don't need any more speeches. Bring in a bunch of homeless people off the streets of DC to govern and we'd have better outcomes.

I have not checked. Was there a change in the capital gains rate or the estate tax? If not, I agree with you.

I have not checked. Was there a change in the capital gains rate or the estate tax? If not, I agree with you.

To be fair, they did get 5% on cap & dividend income, and another 5% on estates over $5mm. But then they gave them $75bln in pork, and even worse, taxed the working poor to give to the non-working poor so they could:

--pay mortgage to the bankers
--pay utility bills to billionaires like Warren Buffett
--buy food from $130bln giant Cargill
--pay garbage bill to now billionaire owned trash companies.
--buy a couple gallons of fuel from billionaire Rockafellers

There isn't anything left over after measly unemployment checks are spent on essentials bolstering demand for billionaire products. Maybe they buy a couple six packs from billionaire Budweiser owners and a carton of smokes from billionaire Phillip Morris owners.

So yeah, we hit the ******** for 5% and then gave 'em 10% more. Again. We also screwed our mildly wealthy neighbors up the hill who are creating community jobs and paying the lions share of property taxes that support local schools, police forces, and municipal infrastructure.

Populists Unite!

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politi...r-coins-the-ultimate-debt-ceiling-end-around/

With President Obama having kicked off debt ceiling negotiations by vowing not to negotiate over the debt ceiling, a new option for paying off the nation’s considerable tab is gaining momentum with cheeky fiscal and monetary wonks.

It goes like this: Should Congress fail to extend the U.S. debt limit — reached again on Dec. 31 — the president could ask the Treasury to begin printing trillion dollar coins (in a process explained mostly seriously by Jim Pethokoukis on his American Enterprise Institute blog), a number of which could then be put toward fulfilling debt obligations in the event new legislation stalls in Congress.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yea, O wimped out , as I expected, but you are blaming Obama for compromising with Republicans.
You seem to be implying that without Obama , a Republican plan would have been less favorable for the rich. That is absurd.