• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Same

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's tough but I say the same. Losing Boozer,Wes,Korver and Boom Bitches while adding Al and Raja doesn't seem to add much. I think Al will turn out better than Boozer and will help at least on D a little cause of his size,toughness and length. Gaining Bell is huge for toughness,defense,shooting and leadership purposes. Losing Wes AND korver hurts though. They both spread the floor well with their shooting and now we have no real starting 2 guard.

I really thought Shannon was the missing piece but he is not coming here now. The Jazz are going to need big things from CJ and AK this year if they want to go far.

It's tough but I say the same. Losing Boozer,Wes,Korver and Boom Bitches while adding Al and Raja doesn't seem to add much. I think Al will turn out better than Boozer and will help at least on D a little cause of his size,toughness and length. Gaining Bell is huge for toughness,defense,shooting and leadership purposes. Losing Wes AND korver hurts though. They both spread the floor well with their shooting and now we have no real starting 2 guard.

I really thought Shannon was the missing piece but he is not coming here now. The Jazz are going to need big things from CJ and AK this year if they want to go far.

Shannon Brown is never the missing piece of anything. Right now are missing piece is Tomic, if he can come here next year and actually amount to a poor man's Gasol, we will be in very very good shape.

But yeah, I think we have improved. I think Sap and Jefferson compliment each other better than Boozer and Sap. Plus I think Hayward is going to be an improvement over Korver.

I think this poll is premature

(That's what she said)

I think KOC still has some moves left...when those happen, then Ill answer.

Boozer ---> Millsap = Slightly weaker
Okur ----> Jefferson = great improvement
Hayward -----> Matthews = too early to tell, but I'm guessing Hayward will be at least as good by the end of the season

Additionally, our rotation is better now with AK getting more minutes at 4, and Bell giving us toughness when needed.

I'm guessing the Jazz is better, and will end up with around 55 wins.

AL will prove to be a slight improvement over Boozer due to length and ability to score on bigs, particularly against Lakers. Bell will increase intensity which is VERY important for this team. Will be no worse than Brewer or Mathews. The passing and dribble penetration of Hayward will more than make up for Korver's shooting.

I don't think two extra wins would qualify as much of an improvement. I think ultimately we'll be about as good as we were last year. Hopefully more consistent, and certainly better than where I thought we'd be a week ago. But we're not built to win anything. Which is fine, because I didn't expect that to happen this season anyway.

My guess? We'll finish 4th or 5th, depending on what Denver does.

So...right where we were last season.

It all depends on health. Remember last season Miles started off with a thumb injury, then we had AK, then Okur. If we stay healthy, we should be able to improve our win total. Oh, and dont lose to Minnesota twice.

Something to think about, if Jefferson and Love couldn't co exist how will they expect Milsap and Al to work well or Okur and Al?

He could have been another defender,great energy guy off the bench that could penetrate and occasionally shoot the 3. We wouldn't have lost as much with Brown in the game as Price. When Price comes in (Most of the time with the lead)everything goes down hill and usually the other team has gotten the game close or even taken the lead. I agree, Tomic is probably the missing piece but adding Shannon Brown couldn't have hurt the team.

If last year, the board was asked: "If Boozer was a few inches taller and longer, and Wesley Matthews was replaced by a veteran defender who shoots the 3-ball at a much higher clip, would we be a better team?"

I think anyone who said "no" would be insane.

Something to think about, if Jefferson and Love couldn't co exist how will they expect Milsap and Al to work well or Okur and Al?

Because Jerry runs everything through the PF and isn't trying to use some Lakers rip-off ****-tier triangle system.

This is how I see it: We have replaced matthews, korver and boozer with bell, hayward, and jefferson. Bell is a question mark, but if he can come back from his injury and be a lockdown defender and hit open 3s, he and matthews are a wash. Hayward has potential to be better than korver, he will be a better defender and I hope he will be able to hit the 3. Jefferson is younger than boozer and has put up numbers when healthy. He now is playing with the best pg in the nba and should be motivated to be on a winning team. He is also bigger than boozer and brings a mean streak. All signs point to him being more valuable than boozer.

Also, the chemistry of this team should be much improved due to boozer being gone. Let's hope there are a couple more moves, but if the season started today, I think we have a great chance to be better.

I don't think two extra wins would qualify as much of an improvement. I think ultimately we'll be about as good as we were last year. Hopefully more consistent, and certainly better than where I thought we'd be a week ago. But we're not built to win anything. Which is fine, because I didn't expect that to happen this season anyway.

My guess? We'll finish 4th or 5th, depending on what Denver does.

So...right where we were last season.

Do you think you'll be throwing batteries onto the court at some point this year?

I mean, who is our 2 guard to start this year? All you guys think CJ can't start at 2 and Bell is a bench player, not a starter. I think CJ starts at 2 and AK at 3. Gives the team length and shooting with CJ. This is where it gets interesting.

Bell backs up the 2, Hayward backs up the 3, but who are the back ups to 4 and 5?

Before, Okur was thought to not be ready till January, but I thought some one said he will be ready for the start of the season? Is that true? If true, is Milsap the back up 4 and Fes the back up 5?

Yes, No, Same? We'll see. I'm just excited to see some new faces and won't miss the souless one. New people, new story lines, new in game strategies, and after 3 years Sloans substitution pattern will finally change (well atleast new people in the same rotation)

And with Rodger Bell back there might be a fight or atleast some cheapshots and yelling. I can justify paying for tickets again. I am interested, and excited.

Even though I think they want to save $ for 2011 free agency, I think the Jazz could use another player or two. Assuming Fes is re signed you still have 3 spots open. I think they should grab a big. Look at the teams last year with bigs, they all had at least 5 while we had Booz,Milsap,Fes,Okur(Hurt in playoffs)

Lakers: Gasol,Bynum,Odom, Mbenga,Powell
Nuggs: Nene,martin,petro,Anderson,Malik Allen
Mavs: Dirk,Damp,Haywood,Tim thomas,Najera
Thunder: Green, Kristic, Ibaka,Collison,Etan Thomas,BJ mullens
Suns: Amare,Lopez,Amundson,Frye,Clark,Collins
Blazers: Camby,Lamarcus,Juwan Howard, dante Cunningham,Jeff Pendergraph
Spurs: Duncan,McDyess,Mahinmi, Blair,Bonner

Point is it wouldn't hurt to add a big like Tolliver,Amundson or a cheap guy from summer league/D league or even a veteran.