What's new

As banged up as he's been, could we get a 2017 1st round pick for Favors?

Could we get a 2017 1st for Favors on draft day?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Keefe

A simple question. Yes or no. And yes, I realize he only has one year left on his deal. And I also realize the actual trade wouldn't be official til after the draft (7/1 I think) but you get the point.

I love how a player is called out as not being tough if they don't play through injuries like they did in the 90s, but when they do play through injuries and have a severely limited showing as a result they are no longer worth anything.

Let Favs heal over the summer. I want to see him and Gobert at 100% before we start talking crazy.

If we trade him we should be able to get more than a first. His contract isn't very expensive and is only one year which holds value, he's a good player when healthy and he's still young.

I love how a player is called out as not being tough if they don't play through injuries like they did in the 90s, but when they do play through injuries and have a severely limited showing as a result they are no longer worth anything.

Let Favs heal over the summer. I want to see him and Gobert at 100% before we start talking crazy.

If we keep Hayward and Hill a decent sized contract is going to have to go so that we maintain some financial flexibility. Probably Favs, Burks or both.

Players that have returned mid-first round pick:
-Greivis Vasquez
-Marco Bellineli
-Tim Hardaway Jr

I think you need to severely adjust what you are willing to trade him for. Lottery pick is the bare minimum. Before his injury he was worth a top 5 pick easily. Unless his injury is a long term concern I see no point in selling low on him and even then the other team will know it and won't give you much for him. If you think you can get healthy Favors next year, I'd much rather have 1 healthy year of that and then lose him for nothing than get a pick in the 20s for him this summer. I think you can get that even at trade deadline next year.

Would he be able to get us a first round pick? Yes. Would I do it? No. I wouldn't trade Favors right now. We wouldn't get any real value out of it. I'm not big in to selling low just to sell. Worst case scenario (not saying likely) he's our backup big man next year. Even if he was that and not the "Favors of old," that's still a hell of a lot better than what we'd get.

Favors FTW.

Just tossing around ideas...If the Jazz can get a decent young prospect (preferably a PF) and a decent first round pick (maybe around 10-20), I think that's a deal you might take. You clear up some financial flexibility, add a young player and a gain a third first round pick in a loaded class. That's 3 firsts, 2 seconds this year and 2 firsts, 2 seconds next year. Tons of ammo to work with.

I wouldn't trade him, next year he will be wanting to prove himself for his next contract. What we would get from trading him now wouldn't be much difference in value than if we decided to part ways halfway through next season.

I wouldn't trade him, next year he will be wanting to prove himself for his next contract. What we would get from trading him now wouldn't be much difference in value than if we decided to part ways halfway through next season.

The only problems with keeping him until the deadline next year if the Jazz do plan to move him are that you lose the flexibility to make moves in free agency because once Hayward is signed you're over the cap, you miss the opportunity to use Favors as trade bait in loaded draft to add to the picks you already have or package Favors with the picks for something, and you put yourself in a spot at the deadline where you may lose leverage because teams may figure out you are trying to move him before his contract expires.

Favors alone maybe we get a 25-30th pick in the 1st round. Favors + 2nd Round pick/and or another player might get us in the 10-20 range.

What would it take to get the 1st pick from Boston? They have IT and pgs are at the top.

The Celtics could use Favors big time. Does Favs, Burks, and both of our firsts do it?

What would it take to get the 1st pick from Boston? They have IT and pgs are at the top.

The Celtics could use Favors big time. Does Favs, Burks, and both of our firsts do it?

Substitute Hood for Burks and you are still really short. 4 quarters rarely makes a dollar in NBA trades... sorry.