What's new

At the very least....

At least these games give us hope.
Took 9 games to get a win last year. Burke made his first appearance for us on Nov. 20th. Wondering when he'll be back this season. That can't possibly be Trey out there right now; looks more like JLIII.

Also, for the love of God, please work on your 3pt shot balance Burks. Tired of seeing these over-exaggerated leg kicks on his jumper that come and go.

Gotta sway some... but it does feel like Burks takes it overboard haha

It took a while for Burks to get it going. Still hasn't figured out his role in the offense. In the 1st quarter when Hayward went out it looked like he kind of took his spot in the offense and the results weren't pretty.
Burks defense was atrocious tonight. He was to blame for nearly every backbreaking 3 pt shot the Clippers hit.

Exciting to realize it took Paul's triple-double and Blake's 31 to finally overcome us. This feels like the early Stockton-Malone-Bailey-Eaton years when the Jazz began their ascent.

Yeah, it's fun.

Just ready to see Burke and Burks get on Hayward's page, then it can be really fun.
If this happens and all three play like Hayward last night then we make the playoffs

.....this ****s fun again.

Can I get a witness?

holyghost.gif

Exciting to realize it took Paul's triple-double and Blake's 31 to finally overcome us. This feels like the early Stockton-Malone-Bailey-Eaton years when the Jazz began their ascent.
And this was a ROAD game.
Play like this at home and the Jazz are going to surprise some of the better teams in the league. Hopefully they can get a win against Cleveland or Dallas. Going to be tough, though. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming road trip. Jazz have a chance to win 2-3 games and really gain some confidence.

The spacing seemed to have really helped Burks though, he just needs to figure it out, but it was great having him breaking down the defense and get a desperate basket when we needed 1.

His turnovers are up, assists, rebounds, and points are down. His shooting 2% is way down. He's shooting slightly less FTA per 36 minutes.

I think we should give it a few weeks before analyzing.

Great thread.

We're fun because we're young and have rid ourselves of dead weight (RJ, Marvin, Ty) and our youth is showing flashes, but for me, we're fun primarily because we're competitive and showing some semblance of who we want to be as a team--pass the ball, shoot the three, play defense, though the latter hasn't paid off yet.

As of right now we're the 2nd worst defensive team in the league. Yeah, it's been a ball.

We've probably had one of the harder schedules thus far, especially against great offensive teams like Houston, Dallas, Clippers, and Phoenix. I would venture to guess they were all top 10 in offense last year.

This team is entertaining as hell... sure there are frustrating moments, but there isn't a player in the rotation that isn't intriguing to me. That lineup with Ingles, Hayward, Exum was moving the ball so well and flying around the court. It's going to be a fun year... glad I invested in the LP.

Everyone take a deep breathe and just enjoy it.

We've probably had one of the harder schedules thus far, especially against great offensive teams like Houston, Dallas, Clippers, and Phoenix. I would venture to guess they were all top 10 in offense last year.

I know, I was being fishesisis.

This team is entertaining as hell... sure there are frustrating moments, but there isn't a player in the rotation that isn't intriguing to me. That lineup with Ingles, Hayward, Exum was moving the ball so well and flying around the court. It's going to be a fun year... glad I invested in the LP.

Everyone take a deep breathe and just enjoy it.

Agree with this. The ball moved beautifully and those Hood's 3s were really a thing of beauty.

Also, Hayward took 12 3's tonight. Did he ever even take 6 in a game under Corbin?

About 16% of his games. He was 79th in the league in 3PA. Way too high for a guy shooting 30%.

He's 11th so far this year btw

About 16% of his games. He was 79th in the league in 3PA. Way too high for a guy shooting 30%.

He's 11th so far this year btw

You must see that Hayward is getting much better looks in Snyder's system than he was in Corbin's.