What's new

At which position do we feel least comfortable?

At which position do we feel least comfortable and need to add another vet?

• Total voters
JaMychal Green
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Jabari Parker
Ryan Anderson
Trey Lyles
Cheick Diallo
Kenneth Faried
Dwight Howard
Vince Carter
Dragan Bender
Jonas Jerebko
Tyson Chandler
Nene
Amir Johnson
Kosta Koufos
Salah Mejri
Greg Monroe

?

Might have missed some...
If we could get Trevor Booker in the body of Trey Lyles, we’d be good. Just none of the actual Trey Lyles.

Faried and Howard at the 4?

Maybe Bender.

I can’t believe Green is out there still. Insane. If we got him on the VM, our off-season would be insane. Conley needs to badger him to come.
I posted some more. Posted the 4s and 5s...

I don't trust him either but... chances are if you are fielding a min player he won't be much better than Bradley. Like when Gruden asked long-time Colts OC Tom Moore "why don't the back up QBs get more reps in practice?", Moore just told him "If Manning is down we are ****ED... and we don't practice ****ED" ... the point is... if Rudy goes down, we are ****ed either way... a center for the minimum won't change that, IMO...

I don’t think we have to be ****ed. Davis is really solid and he could play 28 minutes. I’m just scared for the other 20 minutes. Basically I want to be able to withstand anything. Green would give us that insurance at the 5 and the 4.

I said PF. We have 3 that can for sure play C. Davis, Gobert, and Bradley/Reed. At PF we have one for sure player at that spot Green, a guy who is undersized a bit maybe in Bojan, and a guy who is probably too slow for PF in Davis. I'd love to get one more SF/PF if it's a player on the larger side of the SF position or one more true PF. If it's the SF/PF variety then they would also get a little more depth at the wings which I think they also need in case Donovan is needed at PG for a stretch.

I think that solves most of our minor shortcomings with one player. Then use developmental players for any spot left. Who knows might be another Royce/Mathews out there.

There is no security for when one of the pillars of your team goes down. The Jazz will be much worse when Gobert goes down as it has been, even when we had Favors.

@stitches is right. It’s the 4 by a wide margin. I still think the idea of closing with Bojingles is kinda shaky.

There is no security for when one of the pillars of your team goes down. The Jazz will be much worse when Gobert goes down as it has been, even when we had Favors.

@stitches is right. It’s the 4 by a wide margin. I still think the idea of closing with Bojingles is kinda shaky.
I like the idea of closing with that lineup most nights. But worry about them on the floor together for long stretches.

I like the idea of closing with Bojingles. BUT I don't like their chances to survive to the playoffs if we regularly put them against bigger 4s. That's why I liked the Jeff Green signing - just get another body to throw at opposing 4s in the regular season to absorb some of the punishment. This team should be good enough to get to the post season without having to over-rely on our optimal lineup and risk having one or both of the Bojingles brothers getting injured or bruised up before the playoffs.

I like the idea of closing with Bojingles. BUT I don't like their chances to survive to the playoffs if we regularly put them against bigger 4s. That's why I liked the Jeff Green signing - just get another body to throw at opposing 4s in the regular season to absorb some of the punishment. This team should be good enough to get to the post season without having to over-rely on our optimal lineup and risk having one or both of the Bojingles brothers getting injured or bruised up before the playoffs.
I generally agree. But I don’t know, it just feels like a soft-spot over the course of a long season.

The Jazz could offer a minimum contract. Either nobody wants Exum, or the Jazz aren't trading him. Either way they didn't have 10M this off season.

Thanks for making my point.

Why couldn’t we have traded useless Exum to free up the necessary money to acquire a useful player like Morris? And if we actually tried everyone and couldn’t get any bites, what does that say about Exum and the idiotic contract we signed him to?

Other than jump high, what does Booker do well? Why are we talking about him? Might as well offer jeremy Evans the Max.

Let us take a look at the depth

Pg - conley, exum, mudiay

I think that is solid all the way. Mitchell can also play pg in a pinch. I miss neto but he too was oft injured. (Worried about exuma health)

Sg - Mitchell, o'neale

I think another good 2 guard is needed. Mudiay and exum can both play here but for depth another is needed. I like oni but he is not ready yet. (Avery bradley would be the wet dream)

Sf - bogdanovic, ingles

Jeff green and O'Neale can play here and maybe exum in a pinch but another player is needed. Not sure who I like

Pf - Jeff green, niang

I think brantley will be signed but this is the unit that scares me the most. Bojan and ingles could fill in a pinch but we need another. Davis is another option (Wet dream is jamychal green)

C - gobert, davis, Bradley

This unit is also solid. With willie Reed just the stars away.has Noah vonleh signed?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

I’ve been contemplating Jabari more heavily recently.
One of my concerns about The Jazz’s team-building philosophy in being great defensively (at the offense’s expense) is that the best offense beats the best defense, and the league is increasingly comfortable hoisting tons of threes, making them at a higher clip, and creating spacing that is just fundamentally difficult to guard (especially when the team’s defense is built around shotblocking). At a certain point, you just need good old-fashioned firepower. I wonder if Jabari could be a piece that moves the needle there, even in spot minutes.