What's new

August 20:Big Match Turkey&Germany-Enes Kanter&Dirk Nowitzki match is starting now:) live Link here

Hopefully Turkey tries the lineup of Illasovya,Kanter, and Asik at 3-4-5 respectively. Those are there 3 most productive players and they all should be able to play at the same time.

enes should work on his free throws

Absolute least of my worries. Hes young and from what I saw today he defended well, rebounded very well and drew fouls almost everytime he got a half-decent look inside,

Hopefully Turkey tries the lineup of Illasovya,Kanter, and Asik at 3-4-5 respectively. Those are there 3 most productive players and they all should be able to play at the same time.

Agreed. Hedo is ****ing awful

at last kanter had satisfying stats but i missed the game, damn. But turkey still doesnt give me the hope that they can do something in the tourney.

Agreed. Hedo is ****ing awful

Hedo was the best player in orlando in 2009 finals, now he sucks. But we will need him in more serious games, at the critical moments, he is a good clutch shooter

Kanter got some nice stat padding in at the end.
That's unfair. Here are the possessions with him in at the end:

Enters with 2:14 remaining, 64-48 Germany, Turkey with the ball.

1. Turkey - Enes draws a foul, then another Turkish player draws a foul, hits 1-2 free throws, 64-49.

2. Germany - Kanter strips ball on post pass, Turkey recovers ball, TO.

3. Turkey - Kanter draws foul in post, hits 2-2 free throws, 64-51.

4. Germany - Missed jumper, rebound Kanter.

5. Turkey - Missed jumper, Kanter keeps ball alive, recovered by Germany.

6. Germany - Missed Jumper.

7. Turkey - Kanter runs floor well, gets good position, passed to in post, draws shooting foul, hits 1-2 free throws, 64-52.

8. Germany - Runs out clock.

Kanter was in on every possession on defense- playing good D, stripping the ball on one possession, grabbing a rebound on another- and offense- drawing 3 fouls, hitting 3 free throws, nearly grabbing an offensive board.

These last two games (the games I've been able to watch), Kanter has easily been the best player for Turkey. In this game, Turkey outscored Germany by 4 with Kanter in the game, and were outscored by Germany by 16 with him on the bench. Dude looks good.