What's new

Banning trolls

UB

100% certified ****boii
Contributor
Here's what I'd like to see: if someone comes on to this board for sole purpose of stirring the pot and making regular JF members crazy, then the moderator staff should immediately ban the trolls account and monitor their IP, as well as lock any threads the troll has started.

I follow rules. If I break them, I accept responibility for the consequences. This isn't about me, though. This is about being swift in action to keep this a Jazz friendly board (for families, too, I guess). I know I'm not the only one who wants to punch the computer screen every time a Laker troll flatulates on our fine message board.

Other boards do this. It's a good idea. If you need to make a request for more $$$ again, I'll be there to help. But for my sanity and that of my fellow posters, please follow through with this.

Best regards,
ewe bee

Sloanfeld is, for better or worse, one of our own. Annoying as hell, and plays like a scratched CD, but he's old school JF material.

It's the obvious knuckleheads with 3 total posts that I'm concerned with.

Sloanfeld is, for better or worse, one of our own. Annoying as hell, and plays like a scratched CD, but he's old school JF material.

It's the obvious knuckleheads with 3 total posts that I'm concerned with.

I think there should be a ban on posting for new people until they've made 10 posts

that'd solve the problem

Here's what I'd like to see: if someone comes on to this board for sole purpose of stirring the pot and making regular JF members crazy, then the moderator staff should immediately ban the trolls account and monitor their IP, as well as lock any threads the troll has started.

I follow rules. If I break them, I accept responibility for the consequences. This isn't about me, though. This is about being swift in action to keep this a Jazz friendly board (for families, too, I guess). I know I'm not the only one who wants to punch the computer screen every time a Laker troll flatulates on our fine message board.

Other boards do this. It's a good idea. If you need to make a request for more $$$ again, I'll be there to help. But for my sanity and that of my fellow posters, please follow through with this.

Best regards,
ewe bee

iawtp

We could make the rep points mean something maybe. If someone has say fewer than 20 posts (or some number) and a negative rep score then they get a suspension. If they come back after the suspension then they are probably not just trying to be a troll and get reset to 0 and they can try again. Maybe 3 strikes and you're out. If they make it past say 100 posts and then go negative they are just like the rest of us unless they break the rules as outlined (althought probably a crappy poster =).

I am not married to this idea but it is a way for the community to "vote" for who is being trollish.

Best regards,
ewe bee

FWIW: On a handful of occasions I've placed a number of accounts that appear to be created for this purpose into a 24-72 hour penalty box that forces people to chill and removes the fun of capitalizing on bad events. Most of the time, these things go away on their own.

Reactions: UB