What's new

Beanclown should be permanently banned.

Ban Beanclown forever

• Total voters
If that indeed was your first negative reputation, I am truly honored that - of all of the "persecution" you've received for your lack of belief in anything good (sports do not count) - I am the first to cut you deep enough.

Speaking of trolls..

You are not a smart man, franklin. I'm not sure anyone, like your parents, has ever had the kindness to tell you that in an honest and meaningful way. You continue to make a fool of yourself. Sorry to get personal. But you should know. --Stick

Speaking of trolls..

Apparently ole Stick has a highly distorted estimate of his own intelligence and, ipso facto, of his "qualification" to assess the degree of others' intelligence, eh, Frank? Par for the course. He knows a LOT of things about you that you don't, no doubt.

Last edited:
Hopper, Im still not able to give you reputation...but when I am able to, I will. Again, splendid job in this thread.

In other news, those that have given me the plethora of neg rep in the last few days...thanks.

Speaking of trolls..

I'm not sure that sending someone a private communicae, in response to that person trolling, really counts as trolling, in and of itself. I highly doubt that anyone cares, but being called out in public (again) by franklin in this way, I feel the need to explain myself. (Most of you won't care, so feel free to skip this.)

I once made the mistake of becoming engaged in a conversation with franklin. I don't keep track of who posts what kind of stuff, so I had no idea what I was in for... The conversation turned into a weird kind of argument in which he repeatedly insisted that he had made points that he hadn't actually made. Whenever I asked him to clarify his position -- and I was quite kind, by the way -- he blustered that he would defer to "the economists," and vaguely referenced the beliefs of "experts," without actually saying what those beliefs were or how they related to the topic at hand. It was painfully circular, and by the end of it, it had become this thing where the onus wasn't on him to explain himself clearly, it was on me not to be such an idiot. Whatever. Eventually I ran out of patience and stopped responding. It was pretty obvious that having a good faith conversation was not what he was after.

I tried to let the matter drop, but since then franklin has made a habit of pestering me in the game-chat, and repeatedly in random threads where I have posted, apparently wanting to give the impression that he "defeated" me in some kind of intellectual battle. I do my best to ignore him, but he won't seem to let it go.

Talking, once, to franklin in good faith, has kind of turned into a frankenstein's monster kind of scenario for me.

Anyway, it was in response to one of those posts that I sent him that comment and a neg-rep.

*shrug*

Personally I'd be cool with franklin if he let the matter go and we went back to not knowing each other. He can't seem to do that, though.

Apparently ole Stick has a highly distorted estimate of his own intelligence and, ipso facto, of his "qualification" to assess the degree of others' intelligence, eh, Frank? Par for the course. He knows a LOT of things that you don't, no doubt.

That may be so. I think I'm kind of smart. I may not as smart as some, but I recognize blustering and face-saving and straw-men when I see them.

I'm not sure that sending someone a private communicae, in response to that person trolling, really counts as trolling, in and of itself. I highly doubt that anyone cares, but being called out in public (again) by franklin in this way, I feel the need to explain myself. (Most of you won't care, so feel free to skip this.)

Wait, I'm getting the popcorn. This is going to be good.

I once made the mistake of becoming engaged in a conversation with franklin. I don't keep track of who posts what kind of stuff, so I had no idea what I was in for... The conversation turned into a weird kind of argument in which he repeatedly insisted that he had made points that he hadn't actually made. Whenever I asked him to clarify his position -- and I was quite kind, by the way -- he blustered that he would defer to "the economists," and vaguely referenced the beliefs of "experts," without actually saying what those beliefs were or how they related to the topic at hand. It was painfully circular, and by the end of it, it had become this thing where the onus wasn't on him to explain himself clearly, it was on me not to be such an idiot. Whatever. Eventually I ran out of patience and stopped responding. It was pretty obvious that having a good faith conversation was not what he was after.

By "weird kind of argument" you mean you don't know enough to understand what I was saying. I apologize for being too technical and attempting to take a discussion outside your comprehensive zone.

I tried to let the matter drop, but since then franklin has made a habit of pestering me in the game-chat, and repeatedly in random threads where I have posted, apparently wanting to give the impression that he "defeated" me in some kind of intellectual battle. I do my best to ignore him, but he won't seem to let it go.

I sincerely apologize for offending you in game-chat, sir. I will refrain from addressing you with friendly banter if you prefer. I have no intention of trolling you. I also feel terrible that you're existing under self-inflicted pressure that you're a pack dog repeatedly being pissed on by the alpha male. That, however, is an issue I cannot control. You'll have to change to a positive impression yourself.

Talking, once, to franklin in good faith, has kind of turned into a frankenstein's monster kind of scenario for me.

Why yes, you have been brutally victimized by me. Monster scenario indeed.

Anyway, it was in response to one of those posts that I sent him that comment and a neg-rep.

Personally I'd be cool with franklin if he let the matter go and we went back to not knowing each other. He can't seem to do that, though.

No, it was this thread. I want to be your friend too. I don't hold any grudges against you for having an argument. I think you've told yourself a negative story and are reading too much into what I've written.

By "weird kind of argument" you mean you don't know enough to understand what I was saying. I apologize for being too technical and attempting to take a discussion outside your comprehensive zone.

I sincerely apologize for offending you in game-chat, sir. I will refrain from addressing you with friendly banter if you prefer. I have no intention of trolling you. I also feel terrible that you're existing under self-inflicted pressure that you're a pack dog repeatedly being pissed on by the alpha male. That, however, is an issue I cannot control. You'll have to change to a positive impression yourself.

Why yes, you have been brutally victimized by me. Monster scenario indeed.

No, it was this thread. I want to be your friend too. I don't hold any grudges against you for having an argument. I think you've told yourself a negative story and are reading too much into what I've written.

Ah, franklin. You can always put a perplexed-but-unsurprised smile on my face. I can't figure out how to respond to the specifics here without it leading to another never-ending argument of circularity and personal attacks, so let us end it this way: I'm glad to hear that you do not intend (whatever happened in the past) to continue to bother me.

I will fade you back into the chorus of cavemen and forget I knew your name. :)

KEK, I tried to send you this private message, but your inbox is full...

Subject: You douche-knockler!

Message: Don't correct me when I'm fighting with franklin, you're making me look like an ***!

Please clear some space in your inbox. Thank you.

Ah, franklin. You can always put a perplexed-but-unsurprised smile on my face. I can't figure out how to respond to the specifics here without it leading to another never-ending argument of circularity and personal attacks, so let us end it this way: I'm glad to hear that you do not intend (whatever happened in the past) to continue to bother me.

I will fade you back into the chorus of cavemen and forget I knew your name. :)

That seems an awfully brash response to somebody who just apologized for an offense he was unaware of committing, and for wanting to be your friend. I now upgrade this to your best friend ever, and, effective immediately, will now troll you with "will you please be my friend".

In that case, I am disappointed to learn that you intend (whatever happened in the past) to continue to bother me. :(

Wow. Some of you might know me, some might not. Been around for a long while... rarely post. Usually just rant buzzily on the chat boards then and now.

This thread is just sad... From an outsiders point of view.

Everyone... from Katie, to Beantown to some kid on the corner needs to understand that... none of us are special. Nothing you do in life is anymore important than anyone else. Katie, ya want to do something? Cool. Don't expect people to care, agree, tolerate, anything. Don't make your choices for others, and don't try to force others to agree with you. Just makes people like me... Innocent onlookers see you as an overly offendable self righteous type.

And you so called trollers... Troll away. Or stop. Seriously... who cares? People say stupid things. The sad part of the internet is you don't know if they are saying it to be lame, or because they really believe in it. Either way? Who cares.

In closing. We are all worthless specs on the horizon, and none of us matter enough to warrant this kind of hate and ranting.

Go Jazz.